Georgia > California

Texasball

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Keep in mind also that not all the blue chips on IMG came from outside of FL

Some went to FL high schools before coming to IMG

That’s fine I think 4-5 of those 8 were from Fl but it’s just getting crazy where these IMG kids are ranked.    This year seems like they actually did better in regards to ranking IMG kids. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Georgia has been a better football State for a while. 

You cant judge Cali by 2 transfer academies. (SJB and MD). The typical Cali team does not look like that. These are all star teams recruited up to be relevant nationally. 

I think the difference in the states is the same in the college conferences. The SEC has been the most dominant conference the last 15 years because of freakish defensive athletes particularly on the D line. The PAC 12 can’t compete like that. 

And if that wasn’t enough, Georgia has progressed exponentially on the offense side of the ball from when Rufus and Rab played. This ain’t your granddaddies Georgia football! They have found a way to get the freaks on the offensive side as well. Georgia has it all. Just like Texas. 

I say it goes 

Texas 

Florida/Georgia 

Cali 

STA better beat DLS....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Why?   It should really be DLS better beat STA right?   I mean they are higher ranked most years aren’t they?   STA is 2-0 vs top Cali teams.   DLS is 0-2 vs Fl.   

Lakeland was about to put a running clock on State Champ DLS until the refs started to call phantom holding calls. It was 14-0 and the rout was on. 

Truth is Cali just ain’t that impressive. They are aight! So So. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lakeland was about to put a running clock on State Champ DLS until the refs started to call phantom holding calls. It was 14-0 and the rout was on. 

Truth is Cali just ain’t that impressive. They are aight! So So. 

This was one of the games I regret not being able to see.  Didn’t have DVR back then.   I remember reading about Lakeland fumbling though.

2 hours ago, Kalven said:

Very contradicting statement....

Just like it was when STA played DBP.   More pressure on STA not to go 0-2.   STA losing to DLS they would still be a respectable 2-1 vs top Cali Schools.   DLS loses to STA and they are 0-3.    They are also at home.

I hope the refs are fair like they were when DLS came down to STA.  

3 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

CA football participation is way down too

Big schools like LBP dropped JV programs. 

That will probably only continue to get worse with all the concussion scare and two teams stacking all of the star players on two teams looking down at the few kids left playing on the other teams and flicking them away like mosquitos. Giving them more concussion risk. 

Kinda joking, but, kinda not.

No ones denying FL talent pool. I'll even admit FL runs deep, the top 10 FL schools will win against any state. But I'm not going to let you crap on Cali like we're some bystanders  watching a championship fight. We are contenders year in and year out and for the past 3 years Cali top 5 can match up with any top 5 from any state. Cali TOP 2 is heavy favorites against any STATE!

• Like 2

On 7/22/2019 at 5:06 AM, Nolebull813 said:

I think Georgia has been a better football State for a while. 

You cant judge Cali by 2 transfer academies. (SJB and MD). The typical Cali team does not look like that. These are all star teams recruited up to be relevant nationally. 

I think the difference in the states is the same in the college conferences. The SEC has been the most dominant conference the last 15 years because of freakish defensive athletes particularly on the D line. The PAC 12 can’t compete like that. 

And if that wasn’t enough, Georgia has progressed exponentially on the offense side of the ball from when Rufus and Rab played. This ain’t your granddaddies Georgia football! They have found a way to get the freaks on the offensive side as well. Georgia has it all. Just like Texas. 

I say it goes 

Texas 

Florida/Georgia 

Cali 

No one is sitting here denying the SEC is king, but you have Texas as your #1 state, yet the Pac 12 almost has double the amount of NFL players on a roster than the Big 12. Kind of discredits your college conference statement. Also besides Clemson, the ACC went 1-11 in out of conference games. So is the Pac 12 really the worst conference? 

To say that there are only 2 teams in Cali is just simply not aligned with reality. 

Go watch Corona Cen10's D-Line last year. They would have overwhelmed any OL in Georgia. Cali's top 5 last year was significantly better than any other state. To be honest I don't think it was close what so ever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2019 at 8:27 PM, Texasball said:

It came to my attention today that Georgia had more kids from the HS level sign Division 1 big boy scholarships than did the big state of California.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Maybe you should stick to track playa.

2 hours ago, Kalven said:

No ones denying FL talent pool. I'll even admit FL runs deep, the top 10 FL schools will win against any state. But I'm not going to let you crap on Cali like we're some bystanders  watching a championship fight. We are contenders year in and year out and for the past 3 years Cali top 5 can match up with any top 5 from any state. Cali TOP 2 is heavy favorites against any STATE!

Cali’s top schools are nasty.  Just that some on here have gotten out of control with it.    There’s always backlash to being at the top.   

• Like 1