Former John Curtis player arrested for several murders

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Competent mental healthcare is needed badly in our society. 

Not only a need, but accessible and trained emergency responders along with law enforcement and frontline laypeople. 

BGW

He was in a mental health facility twice. Unfortunately we have stigmatized these facilities so much that many of them are closed and the ones that are open have limited in patient. Many of these people need to be locked up in a facility for life for their own safety and the safety of society. It may sound cruel but it's just the truth 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

He was in a mental health facility twice. Unfortunately we have stigmatized these facilities so much that many of them are closed and the ones that are open have limited in patient. Many of these people need to be locked up in a facility for life for their own safety and the safety of society. It may sound cruel but it's just the truth 

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to hear you say this.  I thought you'd say "kill him" 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to hear you say this.  I thought you'd say "kill him" 

I have a personal sentiment on this subject....mental health. It hits close to home. I always said if I was going to be an activist for anything it would be mental health. 

• Like 5

I'll make this a seperate post

Does he deserve the death penalty? in this case right off the bat I would say no. I believe this is a systematic failure to truly help this young man. Before someone says well what about the victims yes it's a tradegy that should never should have happened and those people lives have ended and many people are affected. But this man was in a mental health facility twice. I dont believe someone like this should have been able to sign themselves out of treatment esp if they should violent tendencies before this act. This situation kinda reminds me of aaron Hernandez. Another football player that probably had some brain trauma and other underlying factors that weren't treated. This guy honestly should be locked up in a mental health facility for life. Locking this guy in jail yeah well all be happy that a killer is behind bars but will he get the treatment that could be used to actually treat him idk about that. 

My position on the death penalty has not changed I am very much pro death penalty but in this specific circumstance my initial response on that would be no death penalty for this guy. 

@Horsefly

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Competent mental healthcare is needed badly in our society. 

Not only a need, but accessible and trained emergency responders along with law enforcement and frontline laypeople. 

BGW

The bigger problem IMO is that most folks think that their protection daddy is going to keep them safe, so they take very little action to ensure their own safety from external danger. We assume that government is doing everything to help us avoid these kind of situations. We need to be proactive. If we all took responsibility for our own safety, we'd be much better off. Some call this paranoia. I call it good sense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cracker said:

The bigger problem IMO is that most folks think that their protection daddy is going to keep them safe, so they take very little action to ensure their own safety from external danger. We assume that government is doing everything to help us avoid these kind of situations. We need to be proactive. If we all took responsibility for our own safety, we'd be much better off. Some call this paranoia. I call it good sense.

You sound like a libertarian 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

He wasn't anything but unstable.

Mental Illness is a problem our society looks the other way on. It's a shame that the young man went nuts, but his mental illness isn't an excuse to kill. Someone knew he had big problems but failed him.

That's why I said it's a systematic failure. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, HSFBfan said:

I'll make this a seperate post

Does he deserve the death penalty? in this case right off the bat I would say no. I believe this is a systematic failure to truly help this young man. Before someone says well what about the victims yes it's a tradegy that should never should have happened and those people lives have ended and many people are affected. But this man was in a mental health facility twice. I dont believe someone like this should have been able to sign themselves out of treatment esp if they should violent tendencies before this act. This situation kinda reminds me of aaron Hernandez. Another football player that probably had some brain trauma and other underlying factors that weren't treated. This guy honestly should be locked up in a mental health facility for life. Locking this guy in jail yeah well all be happy that a killer is behind bars but will he get the treatment that could be used to actually treat him idk about that. 

My position on the death penalty has not changed I am very much pro death penalty but in this specific circumstance my initial response on that would be no death penalty for this guy. 

@Horsefly

You say no to a guy who killed at least 4 people but yes to people who cross an imaginary line? WTF? Something tells me if he were a shade darker, you'd be all for it. SMH

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

You say no to a guy who killed at least 4 people but yes to people who cross an imaginary line? WTF? Something tells me if he were a shade darker, you'd be all for it. SMH

One is an invasion of our country and our borders are not imaginary. 

The other is the systematic failure to keep this guy locked up for the rest of his life. We as a society failed him and failed those victims.

He was in the hands of mental health facilities at least twice. There was absolutely no reason for them to let him go back into society. 

So completely different scenarios. 

But hey I cant please everyone. Horsefly approved of my statements I'll take that as a win for today

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

One is an invasion of our country and our borders are not imaginary. 

The other is the systematic failure to keep this guy locked up for the rest of his life. We as a society failed him and failed those victims.

He was in the hands of mental health facilities at least twice. There was absolutely no reason for them to let him go back into society. 

So completely different scenarios. 

But hey I cant please everyone. Horsefly approved of my statements I'll take that as a win for today

Apparently so did @NorCalRuss . He's  down with killing immigrants but not mentally I'll murders. Oh wait, it's cool because he has "Mexican friends". Lol

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Apparently so did @NorCalRuss . He's  down with killing immigrants but not mentally I'll murders. Oh wait, it's cool because he has "Mexican friends". Lol

You’re a lil bitch dropping race card as always... That’s weak shit as expected  

Ive never said anything about killing immigrants...

Come join us at DLS STA game or DLS CC game    . You can see how racist we are...

Like I’ve said many times here before,  I’m down with killing any killer, rapist, etc, but you ignore that to drop race card like a typical liberal pussy. 

I probably have more Mexican “friends” that you....

Just now, NorCalRuss said:

You’re a lil bitch dropping race card as always... That’s weak shit as expected  

Ive never said anything about killing immigrants...

Come join us at DLS STA game or DLS CC game    . You can see how racist we are...

Like I’ve said many times here before,  I’m down with killing any killer, rapist, etc, but you ignore that to drop race card like a typical liberal pussy. 

I probably have more Mexican “friends” that you....

Ha, I don't have any Mexican friends, so you win.  I will be at the STA game so I can call out your "Mexican friends" that back trump. Also, point out to me where I said you are a racist.