Maxpreps Preseason Top 100

RedZone

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Why should they get credit for losing a competitive game. No knock on Columbia but if they can keep it close then why not win. You get credit for what you actually do and accomplish in my book and L doesn't get you credit... 

Not all wins are wins.  Not all losses are losses.

Expand your mind young padewon

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea because your  "Competitive Equity" says otherwise... 

You are getting good at playing stupid.  Scores of 62-14 and 7-56 don't represent anything except beat downs.  No credit give either way.  Just represents two teams belonging to two different Tiers playing each other.

Maybe if you understood the concept of Tiers, we could have a productive convo.

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood".

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I think Mimai Central played 8 games in 2016 with no OOS games......didn't make the playoffs that year, If I remember correctly.

Can't remember what that was all about.

Hope Curtis gets at least one more game. Sounds like they may have one lined up. Who knows at this point.

You are absolutely correct. AD left in the summer and new AD didn't have a chance to get schedule filled. Not sure if they tried reaching out to local schools to fill the schedule or not. Quite an embarrassment coming off winning four straight state titles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are getting good at playing stupid.  Scores of 62-14 and 7-56 don't represent anything except beat downs.  No credit give either way.  Just represents two teams belonging to two different Tiers playing each other.

Maybe if you understood the concept of Tiers, we could have a productive convo.

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood".

What Im trying to understand is your ironheaded logic... So what you're saying is Corona Del Mar beating Newport Beach senseless is valueless I'll agree it is pointless... 

But what you're not saying is that Corona Del Mar getting beaten by Jserra 49-7 is also a senseless beating...  It's obvious from this score that Corona Del Mar and Jserra are on different levels as well but that's not  the equivalent of a "Forfeit Win" as you call it..... 

The post above was my argument to begin with when Padre started bragging about their losses being in the top 40 and I simply said they deserve no credit for it... Then you came in with this "Competitive Equity" Bull Crap... The thing is I believe in Good Close games and I like Good Games. But having a ton of close games is meaningless if you're not winning them... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

What Im trying to understand is your ironheaded logic... So what you're saying is Corona Del Mar beating Newport Beach senseless is valueless I'll agree it is pointless... 

But what you're not saying is that Corona Del Mar getting beaten by Jserra 49-7 is also a senseless beating...  It's obvious from this score that Corona Del Mar and Jserra are on different levels as well but that's not  the equivalent of a "Forfeit Win" as you call it..... 

Would you say that last years  JSerra 28-35 loss to SJB elevated them in esteem among this board and ranking services or was it just an “L”?

Imagine Katy goes 12-2 with wins over Steele,Westfield,Trinity,Longview,Desoto and Denton Ryan.(Hypothetical games) but then they get blown out in the semifinals 49-7 by Allen... and lost to North shore 35-21 in the regular season. 

Are you gonna give them the same leniency you are the California teams? Or nah... Because it's TX?  And despite Katy playing a solid In state schedule in this situation they didn't play any top OOS teams so no? No leniency? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Would you say that last years  JSerra 28-35 loss to SJB elevated them in esteem among this board and ranking services or was it just an “L”?

It might've been a good game. But it's still a loss...  No they get no rankings boost. 

My reasoning for this is there's plenty of teams that have close games against teams better than them. If we go around giving ng everyone that leniency then everybody's going up and nobodies going down... 

But the problem is you guys do this for your teams far more than any other state does. 

How many people are out here yelling for STA,Allen and Colquitt to be in the top 25 because they played it close? 

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

It might've been a good game. But it's still a loss...  No they get no rankings boost. 

My reasoning for this is there's plenty of teams that have close games against teams better than them. If we go around giving ng everyone that leniency then everybody's going up and nobodies going down... 

Well I highly doubt that both Milton and SJR would have  bothered to schedule a perennial third place league team otherwise.

but that’s just me

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Well I highly doubt that both Milton and SJR would have  bothered to schedule a perennial third place league team otherwise.

but that’s just me

Ah y'know because it's not like they're events or anything that both teams signed up for and got paired against Jserra... Both of these teams actively sought out Jserra specifically... 

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ah y'know because it's not like they're events or anything that both teams signed up for and got paired against Jserra... Both of these teams actively sought out Jserra specifically... 

Don't agree.   Lets look at it a different way.

Do you think that JSerra gets invited to the showcase in the first place without that competitive losss to SJB?  Which other 3rd place league teams get invited to showcase events?

31 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Imagine Katy goes 12-2 with wins over Steele,Westfield,Trinity,Longview,Desoto and Denton Ryan.(Hypothetical games) but then they get blown out in the semifinals 49-7 by Allen... and lost to North shore 35-21 in the regular season. 

Are you gonna give them the same leniency you are the California teams? Or nah... Because it's TX?  And despite Katy playing a solid In state schedule in this situation they didn't play any top OOS teams so no? No leniency? 

I wouldn't give the Calif teams or Katy credit for blowing out teams that are on inferior tiers.  Its like a 12 year old beating up on an 8 year old. 

Katy is normally (past few years) a better team than North Shore so the 21-35 loss was not a good loss for them, and probably meant they should be on the same Tier as Steele etc. rather on Tier 1 with Northshore.

Also I object the premise that The Tiers favor Calif teams.  Show proof or cease the #fakenews

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I wouldn't give the Calif teams or Katy credit for blowing out teams that are on inferior tiers.  Its like a 12 year old beating up on an 8 year old. 

Katy is normally (past few years) a better team than North Shore so the 21-35 loss was not a good loss for them, and probably meant they should be on the same Tier as Steele etc. rather on Tier 1 with Northshore.

Also I object the premise that The Tiers favor Calif teams.  Show proof or cease the #fakenews

Sammy your tiers are so Irrelevant I can't even find them in the past years search history... 

Also I never brought up your tiers you did on your own... 

A hit dog will holler... 

You're Bullshiting your way through this... 

And also tell me if Steele is tier 3 for example but Katy beat them by 3 TD' and lost to North shore by 2 that makes Katy Tier 3? 

Im failing to see the logic behind this... Especially with your "Competitive Equity".. 

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I've heard it all now... "Competitive Equity" we just making up shit now... So Corona Del Mar getting beaten 49-7 by Jserra is "Competitive Equity" vs them beating Newport Beach 62-14... So does Newport Beach get the "Competitive Equity" treatment as well? Do they get a rankings boost because they played a higher ranked team well out of their league? 

Because that's what y'all are doing you're propping teams up because "it was a top 40 team" and what?  Y'all are the only ones that do this BS... 

Let a team from FL,TX or GA say some shit like this and y'all go full retard about "This teams overrated" but let us say that about y'all and you'll be able to feel the Heat rolling off your forehead through the computer screen... 

I can shed some light on Corona Del Mar, as I am an alumni.

Passing League-wise they can compete with any team in the country. Receivers are 6’6, 6’5, 6’4, & 6’0 with an Elite 11 QB coming back. Multiple 4star athletes. They have almost all of there returning starters coming back on both sides of the ball. Lots of lunch pail guys given how affluent the area is. 

Incredibly well coached, but they lack beef up front. Was evident against JSerra & GB. I don’t think they deserve a top 100 spot based on anything from last year, but I do believe they will be at the end of this season. 

Regardless I am incredibly proud of them. When I played we were known as a sorry program. We are one of the smallest public schools in SoCal, but we always play up & never duck competition. All the teams in our league have significantly more students than us. One of the only schools in California that has had an increase in football participation over the past 10 years. Also the first team in California history to go 16-0. Coach O’Shea does things the right way. True leader of young men. Regardless of rankings or getting our ass kicked by Trinity League teams, we are a true model of what HSFB should be all about. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8777601/5c00ad010dbf9714a45bb9f6

check this kid out. Top100 recruit but still underrated IMO. Ridiculous stats

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mje44 said:

I can shed some light on Corona Del Mar, as I am an alumni.

Passing League-wise they can compete with any team in the country. Receivers are 6’6, 6’5, 6’4, & 6’0 with an Elite 11 QB coming back. Multiple 4star athletes. They have almost all of there returning starters coming back on both sides of the ball. Lots of lunch pail guys given how affluent the area is. 

Incredibly well coached, but they lack beef up front. Was evident against JSerra & GB. I don’t think they deserve a top 100 spot based on anything from last year, but I do believe they will be at the end of this season. 

Regardless I am incredibly proud of them. When I played we were known as a sorry program. We are one of the smallest public schools in SoCal, but we always play up & never duck competition. All the teams in our league have significantly more students than us. One of the only schools in California that has had an increase in football participation over the past 10 years. Also the first team in California history to go 16-0. Coach O’Shea does things the right way. True leader of young men. Regardless of rankings or getting our ass kicked by Trinity League teams, we are a true model of what HSFB should be all about. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8777601/5c00ad010dbf9714a45bb9f6

check this kid out. Top100 recruit but still underrated IMO. Ridiculous stats

The only problem from what I see on the film is , it looks like he is going against small, unathletic    j.v.   type players

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

The only problem from what I see on the film is , it looks like he is going against small, unathletic    j.v.   type players

He’s been a match up nightmare at almost every camp he’s been too. I agree that the competition isn’t elite but he almost had 30 TDs & was fairly close to 2000yds receiving. Doesn’t matter what the competition is, that is very impressive. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/2020-wr-john-humphreys-elite-camp-highlights/ 

this is him as a sophomore against D1 DBs that are a year older than him. Skip to the 1 on 1s. Trust me, he’s a problem.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but losing to Miami Central is not as damaging to a teams reputation as say losing to Chiles

How can they lose to Chiles if they aren't playing Chiles though? 

This street goes both ways. 

They haven't proven they can beat Chiles by losing to someone else. 

That's silly as fuck.