Maxpreps Preseason Top 100

RedZone

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Yea. Y’all are already in the playoffs and we gotta luck up enough times and win games to get in. 

Perhaps we can?! One can hope. I knew nothing about your new coach record wise, only that he seems to be a good person and the few people I know down there like him. 

The way some talk I’d have thought he won a title or two. Big shoes to fill in the sideline. 

We got our coach's back, just like you got yours. 

Nothing to get overly upset about. 

Neither have won the show in Georgia. 

Only one has experienced coaching in 7A, and is barely .500 while playing in the easiest region in the classification. 

I guess all things considered... I'd go for calling it even in coaching if it makes you feel less defensive and more like you don't need a lot of luck to make the big show. 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Only one has experienced coaching in 7A, and is barely .500 while playing in the easiest region in the classification. 

I guess all things considered... I'd go for calling it even in coaching if it makes you feel less defensive and more like you don't need a lot of luck to make the big show. 

The guy wanted to know what Justin had done.  I told him.  He's actually done one more thing that I left out on purpose...just to confuse SL.  He's done an unbelievable job of pulling a community and fanbase together in a very short period of time.  He's built a fair staff...albeit; the proof is still in the pudding.  But I like them.  He's a go-getter and a workaholic by nature.  it's important he doesn't burn out too soon.  It's about to become fun.

Rufus>>

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm ok with OOS games. I don't think they make anyone any better, but, they do give pollsters some data to twist to fit their agendas. 

I'm pretty stoked for the columbo game honestly and it's just a scrimmage. Can't say I'd be just as stoked if it was a trip to Jardine. Maybe similar type opponent though. Idk. 

I feel pretty confident our guys will be ready. Our o-linemen are connected at the hip most of the time. On and off the field. I like that. 

I am a little concerned about coach to line communications though. Not sure if it's o-line coach still learning the right signals to send to the line or the line misreading the signals. A little communication trouble type stuff was apparently still getting worked out in the OTAs.

I feel good everywhere else. Real good. 

i can give or take OOS games.  They don't get me all riled up either way.  I want to beat whomever we play...no matter where they're from.   I do like the Lake City scrimmage.  It'll be something different.  BUT...it's still just a scrimmage...win or lose.  Hopefully...it could turn into a regular season contest.  I think Packer Nation would go for that.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to mine. This is a HS football board. I never take it personal. Hell, if somebody called me every name in the book in here I wouldn’t take it personal. 

I like this board because you allow guys to be guys. Sometimes we’re gonna cuss. Talk shit. Go a little crazy. So long as there isn’t any threats of violence and badmouthing of kids, who cares? It’s men talking about kids playing a game. 

I’ve seen two instances of threats against kids, both on twitter. You have to be a special kind of prick to threaten or wish ill on kids. Unfortunately there are many such “men” out there.......

Good luck this year Hawg. Keep em healthy!

• Like 1

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to mine. This is a HS football board. I never take it personal. Hell, if somebody called me every name in the book in here I wouldn’t take it personal. 

I like this board because you allow guys to be guys. Sometimes we’re gonna cuss. Talk shit. Go a little crazy. So long as there isn’t any threats of violence and badmouthing of kids, who cares? It’s men talking about kids playing a game. 

I’ve seen two instances of threats against kids, both on twitter. You have to be a special kind of prick to threaten or wish I’ll on kids. Unfortunately there are many such “men” out there.......

Good luck this year Hawg. Keep em healthy!

20190729_210045.thumb.jpg.0661b03a627dda7a9411f46cbc151011.jpg

🤘🤪🤘

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The guy wanted to know what Justin had done.  I told him.  He's actually done one more thing that I left out on purpose...just to confuse SL.  He's done an unbelievable job of pulling a community and fanbase together in a very short period of time.  He's built a fair staff...albeit; the proof is still in the pudding.  But I like them.  He's a go-getter and a workaholic by nature.  it's important he doesn't burn out too soon.  It's about to become fun.

Rufus>>

I get somebody to read your witty posts for me, as I’m illiterate and dyslexic.

They're the one who keeps telling me that you insert comments into Marietta’s ranking threads. They said they don’t know why a man of your stature from the greatest HS football program of the past ten years would concern himself with little old overrated Marietta. 

I just stared blankly and nodded.......

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I get somebody to read your witty posts for me, as I’m illiterate and dyslexic.

They're the one who keeps telling me that you insert comments into Marietta’s ranking threads. They said they don’t know why a man of your stature from the greatest HS football program of the past ten years would concern himself with little old overrated Marietta. 

I just stared blankly and nodded.......

Well...if you say you're illiterate and dyslexic...who am I to argue?  I don't know why you would lie about something like that.  I insert comments in a LOT of threads.  That's kinda what you do on a message board.  I've noticed...you like to dish it...but you can't take it.  You're on the wrong board if things are like that.  I don't think I've ever posted that Colquitt deserved any kind of HIGH ranking.  I've always said...we ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.  Well...I've said it since 1997...my first days on the GAVSV.

Rufus>>

19 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...if you say you're illiterate and dyslexic...who am I to argue?  I don't know why you would lie about something like that.  I insert comments in a LOT of threads.  That's kinda what you do on a message board.  I've noticed...you like to dish it...but you can't take it.  You're on the wrong board if things are like that.  I don't think I've ever posted that Colquitt deserved any kind of HIGH ranking.  I've always said...we ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.  Well...I've said it since 1997...my first days on the GAVSV.

Rufus>>

Meh. You get feelings, but you mask them well. It’s ok. 

I said cc should be #1 to start the year, as they bring a lot back and the kids know how to get to the title game. Milton lost too much and nobody else stands out. 

You wanna talk about undersized? When we played NG in the quarters the year y’all lost to them (cost me money that prick fcrp did) our DL didn’t have a kid over 255lbs on it. Couple that with our best player (Azeez Ojulari, starting OLB for the pups this year as a RSF) in the first half and we were doomed! 

Still can’t believe we hung 40+ on that team. Still can believe they hung 50+ on us. Small, young and undersized is no way to make it to the playoffs, much less the title game.......

To steal a line from an ornery old coot on here, 

OH WOE IS US!

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Meh. You get feelings, but you mask them well. It’s ok. 

I said cc should be #1 to start the year, as they bring a lot back and the kids know how to get to the title game. Milton lost too much and nobody else stands out. 

You wanna talk about undersized? When we played NG in the quarters the year y’all lost to them (cost me money that prick fcrp did) our DL didn’t have a kid over 255lbs on it. Couple that with our best player (Azeez Ojulari, starting OLB for the pups this year as a RSF) in the first half and we were doomed! 

Still can’t believe we hung 40+ on that team. Still can believe they hung 50+ on us. Small, young and undersized is no way to make it to the playoffs, much less the title game.......

To steal a line from an ornery old coot on here, 

OH WOE IS US!

All the gurus say Marietta is the best team in Georgia starting out.  Well...except for that one dude who said Cartersville.   Lime Sink currently has Colquitt at No.10 in our State.  And that's because we moved them up two spots.  As of this morning....The Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten looked like this...

1.  Marietta

2.  North Gwinnett

3.  Lowndes

4.  Parkview

5.  Hillgrove

6.  Grayson

7.  McEachern

8.  Camden

9.  Milton

10.  Colquitt

Archer could very well be at No.10.  We're just being optimistic.  We'll get to see what we need to work on on 8/16...and THEN on 8/24...the proverbial shit hits the fan.

Rufus>>

All the gurus say Marietta is the best team in Georgia starting out.  Well...except for that one dude who said Cartersville.   Lime Sink currently has Colquitt at No.10 in our State.  And that's because we moved them up two spots.  As of this morning....The Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten looked like this...

1.  Marietta

2.  North Gwinnett

3.  Lowndes

4.  Parkview

5.  Hillgrove

6.  Grayson

7.  McEachern

8.  Camden

9.  Milton

10.  Colquitt

Archer could very well be at No.10.  We're just being optimistic.  We'll get to see what we need to work on on 8/16...and THEN on 8/24...the proverbial shit hits the fan.

Rufus>>

Lies

BE44D2B3-711A-430A-A496-95E074255041.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

1.  Marietta

2.  North Gwinnett

3.  Lowndes

4.  Parkview

5.  Hillgrove

6.  Grayson

7.  McEachern

8.  Camden

9.  Milton

10.  Colquitt

Rufus>>

I almost went North Gwinnett over Lowndes and still may before I archive.

1.  Marietta

2.  North Gwinnett

3.  Lowndes

4.  Parkview

5.  Hillgrove

6.  Grayson

7.  McEachern

8.  Camden

9.  Milton

10.  Colquitt

Rufus>>

Well lime sink isn’t exactly known as the prognostication mecca for HS football, but I can dig it just for the name. 

I read earlier region three is the weakest in the state by far, so having three of the top seven isn’t just asinine, it’s asi-10. 

hillgrove should be higher than us, as they gifted milton the game last year, and the injuns.......well they’re the Ricky Fowler of jawja HS football. The best team to win nothing. 

Marietta should be top ten on talent alone, but 8-10. No higher. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

I almost went North Gwinnett over Lowndes and still may before I archive.

The "little dogs" will be solid this year.  it will be a battle in the Benz on the 24th.  The irony is...the loser will not be out of anything...except hurt pride.  personally...I hope Colquitt will be ready.  We'll learn a lot the previous week when we scrimmage Columbia.  That will be a nice tune up.

But...if Lowndes solves their QB issue...and they very well could....things could get testy in Georgia AAAAAAA.  LOTS of really good teams this year.  And keep at least one eye on Parkview.

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Well lime sink isn’t exactly known as the prognostication mecca for HS football, but I can dig it just for the name. 

I read earlier region three is the weakest in the state by far, so having three of the top seven isn’t just asinine, it’s asi-10. 

hillgrove should be higher than us, as they gifted milton the game last year, and the injuns.......well they’re the Ricky Fowler of jawja HS football. The best team to win nothing. 

Marietta should be top ten on talent alone, but 8-10. No higher. 

Lime Sink can prognosticate as good as anybody...but it's a helluva lot more fun to push buttons....(Smile).

Rufus>>

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The "little dogs" will be solid this year.  it will be a battle in the Benz on the 24th.  The irony is...the loser will not be out of anything...except hurt pride.  personally...I hope Colquitt will be ready.  We'll learn a lot the previous week when we scrimmage Columbia.  That will be a nice tune up.

But...if Lowndes solves their QB issue...and they very well could....things could get testy in Georgia AAAAAAA.  LOTS of really good teams this year.  And keep at least one eye on Parkview.

Rufus>>

Is lowness the team that the QB transferred?

If so,, why would a kid leave a stacked team to go elsewhere? Is his new situation better?

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Is lowness the team that the QB transferred?

If so,, why would a kid leave a stacked team to go elsewhere? Is his new situation better?

He went to Tift.  Apparently...there were "creative differences" between coaching and playing.  Do kids really need a reason to transfer these days?

One thing is for sure...Tift will THROW the ball !!!!!

Rufus>>

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

He went to Tift.  Apparently...there were "creative differences" between coaching and playing.  Do kids really need a reason to transfer these days?

One thing is for sure...Tift will THROW the ball !!!!!

Rufus>>

Couldn’t remember who or what? 

Is it a mommy/daddy issue? Usually is. 🤷‍♂️ 

8 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Couldn’t remember who or what? 

Is it a mommy/daddy issue? Usually is. 🤷‍♂️ 

That...I don't know for Gospel.  I'm sure they made the final decision...but from what I was told...it was player driven.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

That...I don't know for Gospel.  I'm sure they made the final decision...but from what I was told...it was player driven.

Rufus>>

Don’t know if that’s better or worse?

So many kids run their households nowadays it’s crazy. I see kids that should know better throw tantrums in public and their parents acquiesce to them. Unbelievable! It will be a bad day if mine ever try to pull that shit. 

As a boy, my Dad told me if he ever had to whoop my ass for the same thing twice, I just didn’t get it.......

*SL hops off soapbox after kicking neighborhood kids off his lawn*