Maxpreps Preseason Top 100

RedZone

The defending Division 1 state champs ran the table last season going 13-0 and have a good chance to repeat in 2019. 

Won its second consecutive 5A state title last year and bring back a bunch of big-time players led by 2020 Memphis commit Keilon Brown and 5-star wide receiver Chris Hilton. 

The Rebels have enough talent to stretch the streak of winning at least 11 games to a sixth straight season.
  • Like 1

Illinois places 4 teams.....

Nazarath Academy at #67......Lincoln-Way East at #75.....East St..Louis at #79 and Chicago Simeon at #99. I`m a little surprised that Loyola Academy isn`t ranked...but then again they don`t have any 4* like the other teams have. Their big TE, Nils Gombas..6`5...255 lbs has some mid-major offers but like last year the sum is greater then the parts. Yet last years State champs had 9 kids go on to play football at Ivy league schools. I`ll take that any day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Illinois places 4 teams.....

Nazarath Academy at #67......Lincoln-Way East at #75.....East St..Louis at #79 and Chicago Simeon at #99. I`m a little surprised that Loyola Academy isn`t ranked...but then again they don`t have any 4* like the other teams have. Their big TE, Nils Gombas..6`5...255 lbs has some mid-major offers but like last year the sum is greater then the parts. Yet last years State champs had 9 kids go on to play football at Ivy league schools. I`ll take that any day.

I’m a big fan of Illinois football.  How is East looking this year?  Was surprised they had a couple let down games in ‘18

Sammy,

LWE is loaded.....they list about 160 kids on the Varsity... Even though they lost a tough play-off game at Loyola last year, I thought they were still the best team in the State. Led by 4* RB ..Aj.Henning they have size and speed and depth at every position.They really need to start to schedule OOS....I`d love to see them play Arch Bishop Hoban, Ohio....Warren Central Ind....CBC.Mo. Even take on De La Salle. CA and see where they stack up. Illinois play-offs are meat-grinders ..similar to Ohio...any one of  8-10 teams have realistic chances to win it all. Loyola is extremely disciplined and LWE made 2 big mistakes in the game and it cost them. I wouldn`t be surprised if they meet in the State Championship for the 3rd straight year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RedZone said:
The defending Division 1 state champs ran the table last season going 13-0 and have a good chance to repeat in 2019. 

Won its second consecutive 5A state title last year and bring back a bunch of big-time players led by 2020 Memphis commit Keilon Brown and 5-star wide receiver Chris Hilton. 

The Rebels have enough talent to stretch the streak of winning at least 11 games to a sixth straight season.

Looks like the John Curtis vs Atlantic, FL game is NO more.....don't guess it matters much in the big picture as most of the experts here had Curtis winning by 8 or 9 TDs.

John Curtis stuck on 8 games again. Probably end up being an 8 game schedule which is sad.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Looks like the John Curtis vs Atlantic, FL game is NO more.....don't guess it matters much in the big picture as most of the experts here had Curtis winning by 8 or 9 TDs.

John Curtis stuck on 8 games again. Probably end up being an 8 game schedule which is sad.

STA has an open date (10/4) .  So does Clayton Valley Charter (8/23 and9/30)

Too bad for those kids.  Coach and Athletic director blew it.  Played it too coy.  Too close to the vest.  Didn't want to take chances.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are two private-only Alliances currently being formed. About 27 programs around the country have opted in so far. Both are aligned with major networks. The benefits are as follows: 

Ease of OOS scheduling

Increased national exposure 

Revenue share of media rights collected

Group purchasing power for increased savings 

gsb, any bnu schools scrimmaging sjp? do you know?

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are two private-only Alliances currently being formed. About 27 programs around the country have opted in so far. Both are aligned with major networks. The benefits are as follows: 

Ease of OOS scheduling

Increased national exposure 

Revenue share of media rights collected

Group purchasing power for increased savings 

How do States feel about this? 🤔

30 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Who got the Over/Under? 🤣

I basically said he would be back when his blog went belly up again 

Though I figured he would be able to keep it afloat at least a month, hell I got a 6 week format in place just for a podcast and running a blog is easier than producing a podcast is lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I basically said he would be back when his blog went belly up again 

Though I figured he would be able to keep it afloat at least a month, hell I got a 6 week format in place just for a podcast and running a blog is easier than producing a podcast is lol

That dude is something. Been pulling this shit for years. Seriously has a screw loose. I'd feel like a fool doing the dramatic exit then showing my face again. I guess some people like the drama. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Both STA and JCC are desperate at this point. That game on 10/4 would be a good one. Let’s hope it happens. I connected the ADs this morning. 

They got it done 6 years ago in NOLA, the same year BC traveled to NOLA.     DLS, BC, Carol City, Deerfield Beach and maybe a Cinderella Western, plus JCC would be a sweet regular season schedule.    Not sure if either JCC or STA wants to travel... depends how desperate they really are I suppose and if the $ work out for either to travel.   

JCC having just 8 vs STA's 9 game slate and STA traveling in 2013... perhaps they can figure out a game at STA this time around.