Maxpreps Preseason Top 100

RedZone

Just now, Columbiafan said:

It was a example

Not talking about anyone specifically

Same with me. 

A loss is a loss. 

These cats are trying to say because a team loses to the number 1 team in the country that is proof they can beat Chiles or Columbia or Colquitt or or or. 

That logic is silly as fuck. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Same with me. 

A loss is a loss. 

These cats are trying to say because a team loses to the number 1 team in the country that is proof they can beat Chiles or Columbia or Colquitt or or or. 

That logic is silly as fuck. 

My point was that if you take a loss to someone good it doesn't hurt your reputation like losing to someone who sucks would

Just now, Columbiafan said:

One school is a national powerhouse from South Florida (Miami Central)

The other is a average school in Tallahassee who is 0-1 all time in playoffs (Chiles)

I think assuming a team who can hang with Miami Central is capable of crushing Chiles isn't much a stretch @HawgGoneIt

But assuming that they can't "crush" a, for example, 9-1 (insert name of any team that isn't playing a national schedule) isn't much of a stretch either. 

It's silly logic. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But assuming that they can't "crush" a, for example, 9-1 (insert name of any team that isn't playing a national schedule) isn't much of a stretch either. 

It's silly logic. 

Ok I'll rephrase it

Would a team losing to Miami Central take the same level of criticism as they would losing to Chiles?

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok I'll rephrase it

Would a team losing to Miami Central take the same level of criticism as they would losing to Chiles?

Probably not, but, these guys swear that a team like OLU that has 5 or more losses could beat 90% of the other teams in the country. 

You are arguing something other. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mje44 said:

He’s been a match up nightmare at almost every camp he’s been too. I agree that the competition isn’t elite but he almost had 30 TDs & was fairly close to 2000yds receiving. Doesn’t matter what the competition is, that is very impressive. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/2020-wr-john-humphreys-elite-camp-highlights/ 

this is him as a sophomore against D1 DBs that are a year older than him. Skip to the 1 on 1s. Trust me, he’s a problem.

Do you have any info on his 40 times. 

10 hours ago, mje44 said:

I can shed some light on Corona Del Mar, as I am an alumni.

Passing League-wise they can compete with any team in the country. Receivers are 6’6, 6’5, 6’4, & 6’0 with an Elite 11 QB coming back. Multiple 4star athletes. They have almost all of there returning starters coming back on both sides of the ball. Lots of lunch pail guys given how affluent the area is. 

Incredibly well coached, but they lack beef up front. Was evident against JSerra & GB. I don’t think they deserve a top 100 spot based on anything from last year, but I do believe they will be at the end of this season. 

Regardless I am incredibly proud of them. When I played we were known as a sorry program. We are one of the smallest public schools in SoCal, but we always play up & never duck competition. All the teams in our league have significantly more students than us. One of the only schools in California that has had an increase in football participation over the past 10 years. Also the first team in California history to go 16-0. Coach O’Shea does things the right way. True leader of young men. Regardless of rankings or getting our ass kicked by Trinity League teams, we are a true model of what HSFB should be all about. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8777601/5c00ad010dbf9714a45bb9f6

check this kid out. Top100 recruit but still underrated IMO. Ridiculous stats

Great post.  Sincere appreciation for sharing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Probably not, but, these guys swear that a team like OLU that has 5 or more losses could beat 90% of the other teams in the country. 

You are arguing something other. 

Well, what would you have ranked OLu last year? Surely, they were one of the top 1000 teams in the country? If so, that puts them well into the top 10% of teams nationwide. 

So, yes, even with their 5 or 6 losses they would STILL beat 90% of the teams out there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Do you have any info on his 40 times. 

4.69 at Opening Regional. 4.65 at Adidas. Both electronic.

dad was all was all pac 10 safety at Stanford. mom was all American volleyball player at Stanford. Brother was 3 year starter as LB at Duke. His sisters played volleyball at Stanford & USC. 

the kid has 20 offers. He really doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone.

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, what would you have ranked OLu last year? Surely, they were one of the top 1000 teams in the country? If so, that puts them well into the top 10% of teams nationwide. 

So, yes, even with their 5 or 6 losses they would STILL beat 90% of the teams out there. 

Idk if they were top 1000 or not. They lost too many games to tell. 

Are you telling me that you have a poll that goes to 1000? Or, you're just piggy backing off of what Cal Preps says? 

No way I can rank a team that deep. I don't believe you can either. 

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Are you telling me that you have a poll that goes to 1000? Or, you're just piggy backing off of what Cal Preps says? 

Well....Lime Sink has Marietta in the 800's.

That's pretty close.....to what you're trying to accomplish.

Rufus>>

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No, I have never ranked teams out to 1000, but I firmly believe that if I did OLu would be in that top 1000 for sure. Hell, even Santa Margarita probably would as well. The Trinity League is just that good. 

33 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

No, I have never ranked teams out to 1000, but I firmly believe that if I did OLu would be in that top 1000 for sure. Hell, even Santa Margarita probably would as well. The Trinity League is just that good. 

Until those two prove they can win against national level competition regularly, I can't see ranking them. 

Their claim to fame is losing to the best teams they play. That doesn't deserve ranking imo. 

To each their own though. 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Until those two prove they can win against national level competition regularly, I can't see ranking them. 

Their claim to fame is losing to the best teams they play. That doesn't deserve ranking imo. 

To each their own though. 

Hawg, we’re talking top 1000 here, not top 100. I guess we can just agree to disagree on that. 

On another subject, what does your preseason GA top 10 look like? 

My stab at it:

1. Colquitt Co.

2. Parkview

3. Archer

4. Lowndes

5. N. Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Marietta 

8. McEachern

9. Lee Co.

10. Grayson

How far off am I.....? 

We can deduce a lot of shit using all manner of criteria. 

The guys on here that argue for OLU claiming quality losses as the reasoning want other teams to "prove it." The end result is they shape a poll however they want by using or not using various criteria when it best benefits a region they have bias for. 

Not you specically Vol, but, you know. 

OLU may be a top 1000. I may believe that. They haven't proved it though. They just get beat. A lot of teams in this country could get beat in the same games. A lot of teams maybe could have "quality losses" if given the opportunity to play the same schedule. 

We are letting the pendulum swing too far for "strong" scheduling in cases like OLU annually imo. 

8 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Hawg, we’re talking top 1000 here, not top 100. I guess we can just agree to disagree on that. 

My stab at it:

1. Colquitt Co.

2. Parkview

3. Archer

4. Lowndes

5. N. Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Marietta 

8. McEachern

9. Lee Co.

10. Grayson

How far off am I.....? 

I ain't Hawg...but we're like 5th cousins...so change out Colquitt with Marietta and you're spot on.

Rufus>>

8 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

My stab at it:

1. Colquitt Co.

2. Parkview

3. Archer

4. Lowndes

5. N. Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Marietta 

8. McEachern

9. Lee Co.

10. Grayson

How far off am I.....? 

Right now, personally I'd have it...

Colquitt

Marietta

Parkview

North Gwinnett 

Lowndes or McEachern 

As a top five. In some order. Maybe not that exact order. Mix and match on some if you want.

Back half might include 

Archer

Grayson

Lee

Milton

And the Lowndes or McEachern that didn't make the top 5

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt

Marietta

Parkview

North Gwinnett 

Lowndes or McEachern 

As a top five. In some order. Maybe not that exact order. Mix and match on some if you want.

Back half might include 

Archer

Grayson

Lee

Milton

Lee lost a lot. If I were you, I'd put valdosta or northside in their spot. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt

Marietta

Parkview

North Gwinnett 

Lowndes or McEachern 

Back half might include 

Archer

Grayson

Lee

Milton

Looks pretty good.

1. Colquitt 

2. Parkview 

3. Marietta

4. Lowndes 

5. McEachern 

6. Hillgrove 

7. North Gwinnett 

8. Grayson

9. Milton 

10. Archer 🏹

For me atleast. Im not sure I see any lower class teams in the overall top 10 right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

My stab at it:

1. Colquitt Co.

2. Parkview

3. Archer

4. Lowndes

5. N. Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Marietta 

8. McEachern

9. Lee Co.

10. Grayson

How far off am I.....? 

Why so high with Archer? They lost their ass.