Maxpreps Preseason Top 100

RedZone

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

They got it done 6 years ago in NOLA, the same year BC traveled to NOLA.     DLS, BC, Carol City, Deerfield Beach and maybe a Cinderella Western, plus JCC would be a sweet regular season schedule.    Not sure if either JCC or STA wants to travel... depends how desperate they really are I suppose and if the $ work out for either to travel.   

JCC having just 8 vs STA's 9 game slate and STA traveling in 2013... perhaps they can figure out a game at STA this time around.  

Would like to see it.

I believe it's a little bit late and wishful thinking though.

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Quality losses I'm sure. 

giphy.gif.b5d90466afdc0280fa41dd37a75a9d2d.gif

xD

almost lost to (7-5) San Clemente.

Corona del Mar (Newport Beach, CA)   team preview   trend Southern Sunset 4 11-2-1 4-0-1 (t 1st) 3-1 54 31.9 99-64-2

WINS: #319 San Clemente (CA) (21-20), #573 Camarillo (CA) (49-17), #580 Palos Verdes (Palos Verdes Estates, CA) (28-6), #1162 Edison (Huntington Beach, CA) (21-14), #1386 Yorba Linda (CA) (49-12), #2726 Huntington Beach (CA) (41-7), #2992 El Toro (Lake Forest, CA) (59-6), #4169 Fountain Valley (CA) (49-21), #4250 Redondo (Redondo Beach, CA) (49-14), #4770 Lakewood (CA) (35-0), #5862 Newport Harbor (Newport Beach, CA) (62-14),

LOSSES: #17 JSerra (San Juan Capistrano, CA) (49-7), #60 Grace Brethren (Simi Valley, CA) (26-14), TIES: #281 Los Alamitos (CA) (7-7)

On 7/25/2019 at 8:28 AM, RedZone said:

Looks like the John Curtis vs Atlantic, FL game is NO more.....don't guess it matters much in the big picture as most of the experts here had Curtis winning by 8 or 9 TDs.

John Curtis stuck on 8 games again. Probably end up being an 8 game schedule which is sad.

2019 John Curtis Mini Preview

Returns 14 starters...

8-offense

6-defense

Curtis currently has 11 prospects with a college offer.

Very Large experienced OL

Will be a lot of 3 year starting QB Collin Guggenheim (Army commit) and RB/ATH Corey Wren (Georgia commit) going on this year behind that OL.

"The offensive line is strong and outstanding.

Four starters return, including seniors Robert Pizzolatto (6-3, 290), Joe Dalferes (6-1, 300) and Rudolph Bolds (6-0, 290). Junior John Drake (6-2, 275) also returns. A host of young players will compete for the fifth spot and will provide depth."

Curtis-Collin-Guggenheim.jpg

On 7/25/2019 at 9:28 AM, RedZone said:

Looks like the John Curtis vs Atlantic, FL game is NO more.....don't guess it matters much in the big picture as most of the experts here had Curtis winning by 8 or 9 TDs.

John Curtis stuck on 8 games again. Probably end up being an 8 game schedule which is sad.

Good news. Serves JC right for ducking real competition and robbing his team of playing high profile opponents to play first round losers. 

They deserve 8 games 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Same difference to me. 

OF course it is.  Fits the agenda when your team schedules over half their games vs. teams ranked #460-#7300 in the Country.

The Tiers give zero credit for a 56-0 win over Alcovy, but a 12-14 loss to Milton will get street cred.  But I guess we wouldn't expect you to "get it".  Still salty and it shows.  Not a good look

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea... Only if it's a California team right? Y'all are Pathetic with these "QUALITY LOSSES" an L is an L no matter what...

An L is an L.

A "W" over most of the teams your school plays is no better than a forfeit "W". 

The savvy observer will find out more positives watching a team get a quality Loss than a Forfeit Win.  Its called competitive equity.  But alot of programs are just not interested in competitive equity.  Most of those programs reside in Texas and  Georgia.  Sad

• Haha 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

When Columbia loses a competitive game against IMG, then you will be whitling a different tune.  But until then Columbia will get no credit or respect from the Tiers.

Did you read my post with 20 beers in your gullet

The point I was making was that losing to someone good is still better for reputation than losing to a garbage team

And no beating a garbage team does nothing for a team reputation, that's why I was glad Suwannee was little bitches who dropped us, beating them wasn't getting us any credibility anymore because they have fallen off as a program

• Like 1

I think Mimai Central played 8 games in 2016 with no OOS games......didn't make the playoffs that year, If I remember correctly.

Can't remember what that was all about.

Hope Curtis gets at least one more game. Sounds like they may have one lined up. Who knows at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

An L is an L.

A "W" over most of the teams your school plays is no better than a forfeit "W". 

The savvy observer will find out more positives watching a team get a quality Loss than a Forfeit Win.  Its called competitive equity.  But alot of programs are just not interested in competitive equity.  Most of those programs reside in Texas and  Georgia.  Sad

I've heard it all now... "Competitive Equity" we just making up shit now... So Corona Del Mar getting beaten 49-7 by Jserra is "Competitive Equity" vs them beating Newport Beach 62-14... So does Newport Beach get the "Competitive Equity" treatment as well? Do they get a rankings boost because they played a higher ranked team well out of their league? 

Because that's what y'all are doing you're propping teams up because "it was a top 40 team" and what?  Y'all are the only ones that do this BS... 

Let a team from FL,TX or GA say some shit like this and y'all go full retard about "This teams overrated" but let us say that about y'all and you'll be able to feel the Heat rolling off your forehead through the computer screen... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

When Columbia loses a competitive game against IMG, then you will be whitling a different tune.  But until then Columbia will get no credit or respect from the Tiers.

Why should they get credit for losing a competitive game. No knock on Columbia but if they can keep it close then why not give it your all and go for the win. You get credit for what you actually do and accomplish in my book and L doesn't get you credit...