2019 RedZone High School Preseason Top 25 (updated 8/1)

RedZone

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I do know Jacurri Brown started Lowndes' semifinal game vs Milton. I didnt check any others besides that one.

He very well could have.  The guy I was talking to...and he should know...said Almond started all the games when he came back from injury.  But he could have been mistaken or he could have been lying.  I don't know.  He did text me and say...(which started our conversation)...

"Well Rufus, we lost our starting QB to Tift.  Y'all should kill us this year."

And we know that is a stretch that is....LOL.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Way of the Viking said:

Yes these are offers, you are not committed until you sign your name, most of the top players in the country have not committed, they have not decided where they are going to play yet.

Normally when someone puts 1 college after a prospects name it indicates they have verbally committed to that school.

That's all I was saying.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

So at the end of the day Lowndes has a young athletic QB who did take a lot of snaps last year and has an early college offer.

I suppose that could be said.  I think you should say it.

A few other things to consider....

Lowndes' two QBs (Almond and Brown) attempted 11 passes against Colquitt last year.  They completed 4.  Lowndes' two QBs had 12 rushing attempts totaling 1 net yard.

Mr. Tisdale (their all world RB) rushed the ball 14 times for 68 yards and had another 118 yards in K/O returns.  One went for a TD (their only points).  They lost 40-6.

For 2019...they lose one of their QBs to transfer...AND Mr. Tisdale to graduation (Kentucky).  Losing Mr. Tisdale will hurt.

BUT....

Lowndes will be BAD to the BONE this season !!!!!

Tier 1.....

Rufus>>

A little update on the home team. My Rummel Raiders.

Rummel vs Curtis will be huge and should decide the NOLA Catholic League, but Holy Cross will be very good this year and may surprise.

Archbishop Rummel Offers:   Note: 4* WR Koy Moore should be deciding very soon per twitter. He was committed to the USC Trojan.

WR Koy Moore-LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Nebraska, Rutgers, USC, Arizona State, Oregon, Miami (FL), Colorado, Kansas, UNLV, Tulane, Memphis, Houston, Southern Miss, UTSA, Nicholls State

QB  Kyle Wickersham-Nicolles State

RB Logan Diggs-Tulane, Colorado, Memphis

RB Jaelen Sturgis- Navy, Army West Point, Nicholls State

LB Kolbe Fields-Tulane, Colorado, South Alabama

LB Aaron Thomas (Southern commit)

DB Quinton Cage- Tulane, UL-Monroe, Liberty, Northwestern State, SE Louisiana, Nicholls State, Lamar, Houston Baptist, McNeese State, Austin Peay, Tennessee Tech, Mercer, Southern, Texas Southern

DB Donovan Kaufman (Vanderbilt commit), Vanderbilt, Louisiana Tech, Liberty, Southern Miss, Army West Point, Colorado, Arkansas State, UL-Monroe, Tulane, Memphis, UAB, UL-Monroe, Arkansas State, South Alabama, Troy, Liberty, Richmond, Nicholls State, Northwestern State, Houston Baptist, Lamar, Southern

DB Corey Smooth-Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama, UL-Monroe, New Mexico State, SE Louisiana, Nicholls State, Houston Baptist, Southern, Grambling State

DL Jordan Williams (South Alabama commit)-Coastal Carolina, Louisiville, Nicholls State, UL-Monroe, Navy, Southern Miss, South Alabama, Southern, Northwestern State, Prairie View A&M/All Offers: Louisville, UCLA, Navy, Southern Miss, South Alabama, UL-Monroe, Coastal Carolina, McNeese State, Northwestern State, Nicholls State, Houston Baptist, Lamar, Western Illinois, Youngstown State, Jacksonville State, Tennessee Tech, Mercer, Austin Peay, Southern, Texas Southern, Prairie View A&M

DB Gavin Holmes (Colorado commit)-Colorado, UL-Monroe, SE Louisiana, Nicholls State, Northwestern State, Southern

DB Malik Woodery (Southern commit)-Southern, Louisiana College

LB Kyler Rodriguez-Louisiana College

ATH Amour Rachal-Louisiana College, Sterling

DB Sean Grimes-Sterling

WR Zach Mirambell-Sterling

OL Brenton Bachemin-Arkansas-Monticello

OL Anthony Harrison-Louisiana College

RB Logan Diggs just got back from a Colorado visit and had a big time.....Rummel kids liking the mountain.

bandicam 2019-07-31 16-51-19-186.jpg

bandicam 2019-07-31 16-52-11-915.jpg

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

He very well could have.  The guy I was talking to...and he should know...said Almond started all the games when he came back from injury.  But he could have been mistaken or he could have been lying.  I don't know.  He did text me and say...(which started our conversation)...

"Well Rufus, we lost our starting QB to Tift.  Y'all should kill us this year."

And we know that is a stretch that is....LOL.

Rufus>>

Heres the link to GPBs broadcast of Lowndes vs Milton... http://www.gpb.org/sports/football/match/2018/11/30/class-aaaaaaa-semifinals-game-01

Go to the 8:40 mark or so & you can see who starts at QB. I did notice Almond come in for the 2nd drive though.... One obviously wasnt much better than the other. 

Brown went 2 of 6 for -2 yards vs Milton & Almond went 2 of 7 for 15 yards... They are going to have to do better than that without Travis Tisdale.

Against Grayson they were a combined 2 of 5... So really no matter who starts, they cant be much worse than they were last year!

27 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Southlake Carroll has 5 nice commits so far......returns 11 from a (13-1) squad  last year. Duncanville had their way with SLC last year winning 51-7 in the 6A Playoffs.

bandicam 2019-07-31 18-35-29-323.jpg

Southlake Carroll has a potential 5* at QB in the 2022 class...Quinn Ewers

Quinn Ewers offers: Texas, Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, Texas A&M and etc....

https://247sports.com/player/quinn-ewers-45572600/

Just passing it along.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Heres the link to GPBs broadcast of Lowndes vs Milton... http://www.gpb.org/sports/football/match/2018/11/30/class-aaaaaaa-semifinals-game-01

Go to the 8:40 mark or so & you can see who starts at QB. I did notice Almond come in for the 2nd drive though.... One obviously wasnt much better than the other. 

Brown went 2 of 6 for -2 yards vs Milton & Almond went 2 of 7 for 15 yards... They are going to have to do better than that without Travis Tisdale.

Against Grayson they were a combined 2 of 5... So really no matter who starts, they cant be much worse than they were last year!

I'm sticking with North Gwinnett....

On 7/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, RedZone said:

19- De La Salle, CA

The Spartan may get bumped today the more I think and look at it.

DLS is the least talented team in the Preseason Top 25 and have to replace 8 on defense and 6 on offense. I feel like the Spartan will end up with 2 ugly losses this year.

At the end of the day DLS will be a 2 loss team that runs the Veer and dominates NorCal again.

That's just not good enough in my head.

Ok, bumped DLS and added DeMatha, MD.

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

6-St. John's, Washington, DC

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

10-St. Frances Academy, MD

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

15-Gonzaga, Washington, DC

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lake Travis,  TX

18-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

19-Marietta, GA

20--Mallard  Creek, NC

21-Deerfield Beach, FL

22-North Gwinnett, GA

23-Southlake Carroll, TX

24-Miami Christopher Columbus, FL

25-DeMatha, MD

What jumpes out is a SEC RB running behind an OL that's headed to Penn St, Maryland, and Boston College and 5 big time prospects on Defense...talented roster as always, have another 3* RB and a 2* Dual-threat QB.

BUT, much like STA they have to start getting it done..

Just hand the ball off this year and play hard defense.Pretty simple.

bandicam 2019-08-01 10-51-28-293.jpg

bandicam 2019-08-01 10-52-02-272.jpg

30 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Just hand the ball off this year and play hard defense.Pretty simple.

In reference to DeMatha and others.

I think a lot of teams if they're not lighting up the scoreboard it affects their psyche and they start doing crazy stuff and trying to be what they aren't.

That's one thing about JT Curtis and John Curtis. These guys just keep grinding the entire game it doesn't matter what the score is, how many points they have or what the situation is.

John Curtis has played a lot of very talented OOS teams and they are either going to win 28 to 14 or they are going to lose 28 to 14 or in that neighborhood.

Curtis has never given up 30 points in an OOS game

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

In reference to DeMatha and others.

I think a lot of teams if they're not lighting up the scoreboard it affects their psyche and they start doing crazy stuff and trying to be what they aren't.

That's one thing about JT Curtis and John Curtis. These guys just keep grinding the entire game it doesn't matter what the score is, how many points they have or what the situation is.

John Curtis has played a lot of very talented OOS teams and they are either going to win 28 to 14 or they are going to lose 28 to 14 or in that neighborhood.

Curtis has never given up 30 points in an OOS game

Unfortunately, DM will drop off most boards after Aug. 24 when they play SJB. 

57 minutes ago, WCACFan said:

Unfortunately, DM will drop off most boards after Aug. 24 when they play SJB. 

Well, love or hate my poll DeMatha and some teams will have played 3, 4 or even 5 games by Week 3.

Week 3 = Louisiana weeks, we start 9/5.

That should cut down overreaction rankings and whatnot... and, the "the one minute you are in, the next minute out syndrome".

A 3-1 or 4-1 DeMatha or anyone else may still look strong after Week 3.

It's a better way.

Just now, WCACguy said:

I doubt it...looks like a good team (DeMatha) on the road against a great team (SJB)...but crazier things have happened.

i am not taking anything away from SJB or MD, but the build up and hype that they are getting why even have a season to claim a MNC? Might as well let them play a best of 7 spread throughout the year and just give it to the winner. I'm just saying...

On 8/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, RedZone said:

Well, love or hate my poll DeMatha and some teams will have played 3, 4 or even 5 games by Week 3.

Week 3 = Louisiana weeks, we start 9/5.

That should cut down overreaction rankings and whatnot... and, the "the one minute you are in, the next minute out syndrome".

A 3-1 or 4-1 DeMatha or anyone else may still look strong after Week 3.

It's a better way.

Understood, but it's hard to get back in after you fall, similar to last year, after getting beat by STA (first game of the season).  They went on and had a long winning streak and still were not in the top #25 till the end of the season and then dropped again after losing to SJC and Gonzaga. 

On 8/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, MC Rockets said:

So you aren't giving DM a chance in that game vs SJB?

On 8/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, WCACguy said:

I doubt it...looks like a good team (DeMatha) on the road against a great team (SJB)...but crazier things have happened.

Agreed, too young at the skill and secondary positions.  It will be a good game at the beginning, but SJB will take it over in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1