2019 RedZone High School Preseason Top 25 (updated 8/1)

RedZone

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Made some changes to the bottom half of the REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

Bumped Christian Brothers, MO out and added Mallard Creek, NC.

Bumped Oaks Christian, CA out and added Southlake Carroll, TX.

Bumped Lowndes, GA out and added North Gwinnett, GA (I may regret this)

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

6-St. John's, Washington, DC

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

10-St. Frances Academy, MD

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

15-Gonzaga, Washington, DC

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lake Travis,  TX

18-Dutch Fork, SC

19-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22--Mallard  Creek, NC

23-Deerfield Beach, FL

24-North Gwinnett, GA

25-Southlake Carroll, TX

The more I look at Dutch Fork, SC the more I think I may have to bump the Silver Foxes out.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The more I look at Dutch Fork, SC the more I think I may have to bump the Silver Foxes out.

giphy.gif

You don't wanna offend Tommy Knotts.  I mean...you REALLY don't wanna offend Tommy Knotts.  You can offend Lowndes...but not Tommy Knotts.

Rufus>>

Dutch Fork reloads pretty well, but they return only 8 starters......they have one commit on offense to Tennessee (WR), nothing on defense. I know they smashed everyone in SC last year, but they played such a weak weak schedule.

4-offense

4-defense

As someone mentioned Dutch Fork lost one of their best offensive players to Katy this off season and he was nothing to brag about really.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ron-Hoff-46046334/

If I'm going to put money on a "reload" I can do better than Dutch Fork....

Right or wrong you can at least see how my weak mind works.

• Haha 1

Ok, bumped Dutch Fork, SC and added Miami Christopher Columbus, FL

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lake Travis,  TX

18-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

19- De La Salle, CA

20-Marietta, GA

21--Mallard  Creek, NC

22-Deerfield Beach, FL

23-North Gwinnett, GA

24-Southlake Carroll, TX

25-Miami Christopher Columbus, FL

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm feeling like it has something to do with the anti-spambot security and trying to save a spot to return back to without logging back in.

On android, I have the main page bookmarked and never have any trouble. I have never tried to save a specific spot in a thread to return to without logging back in though. I can see why someone would want to do that. 

As I type this, I have a "guest" posting a topic in a thread that was last posted in back in 2016. 3 times this morning "guest" has attempted to post something about some russian electrical company. 

At least "guest's" topics and posts require approval before appearing or we could wake up to a messy board every day. 

If these are connected issues, we can maybe find a way to correct it once prep returns. Seems like we should be able to whitelist certain members ips or something. 

It could also be that we are using the same ip's as spambots try to use if we are using a vpn. There may be some similarities in how the bots operate and the actions of our friends that is creating the issue. 

WTF did you just post?

I have a migraine now, thanks.

BGW

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

Ok, bumped Dutch Fork, SC and added Miami Christopher Columbus, FL

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lake Travis,  TX

18-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

19- De La Salle, CA

20-Marietta, GA

21--Mallard  Creek, NC

22-Deerfield Beach, FL

23-North Gwinnett, GA

24-Southlake Carroll, TX

25-Miami Christopher Columbus, FL

xD 

JFC

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

My bad. Just thinking out loud kinda. I figured at least I could show my thought process so that the guys having issues could see that it is something I'm thinking about.   

Please spare us the maze of technocrazy....

Bahahaha..... and I was thinking you were a down to earth kinda guy.

Can never really tell sometimes, there's a mad scientist around.

BGW

12 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

xD 

JFC

I really really tried to get an Ohio team in there. BUT, I can't just throw an Ohio team in my poll for the sake of having an Ohio team in my poll. I would lose all credibility.

What team stands out to you from Ohio in 2019 and why? I know that must be a strange looking question to you because it does involve football.

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I really really tried to get an Ohio team in there. BUT, I can't just throw an Ohio team in my poll for the sake of having an Ohio team in my poll. I would lose all credibility.

What team stands out to you from Ohio in 2019 and why? I know that must be a strange looking question to you because it does involve football.

There is still time, zulu1128.

Make a convincing argument why Ohio should have a team ranked in the RedZone Preseason Top 25 for 2019.

19 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I don't recall saying an Ohio team should be ranked, do you? 

NO, I don't recall you saying an Ohio team should be ranked. You obviously know more about Ohio high school football than I originally thought.

What team in my Top 25 made you break out in childish laughter then take the Name of the Lord in Vain?

Lowndes had a very young team last year, only 6 senior starters, they return 16 players this fall,7 0n offense,9 on defense. Lowndes does return their QB who was a freshman last year.

Lowndes returning starters:

Jacurri Brown  6'3" 195 QB   VA Tech
Ghetti Brown  5'8" 175   WR  Mercer   
Cornelius Wright  6'0" 180  WR
Jalen Rowe  6'1" 195  TE

Bryer Touchton 6'6" 320  LT  USF  
Jacarri Williams 6'4" 321  RT FAMU 
Walker Corbett 6'0" 275  LG

Jaylon Jones 6'4" 265 SDE  Boston College 3 star
Jacques Hunter 6'4" 210 WDE  Colorado State 3 star

Tiberius Drocea 5'10" 185  OLB
Gary Osby 6'0" 220  ILB  Colorado State
Devvon Lane 5'10" 215  ILB

Josh Brown 5'11" 180 CB Michigan 3 star
Brandon Brown 6'0" 170  CB
Shawn Martin 5'9" 175  FS
TJ Quinn 6'2" 200  SS  VA Tech

9 minutes ago, Way of the Viking said:

Lowndes had a very young team last year, only 6 senior starters, they return 16 players this fall,7 0n offense,9 on defense. Lowndes does return their QB who was a freshman last year.

Jalen Rowe  6'1" 195  TE

Now we're talking...this is either a NEW Lowndes fan...or one that decided he/she might wanna do a "Sammy".

Remember the old adage......"if at first you don't succeed...you probably went to Lowndes".

Rufus>>

15 minutes ago, Way of the Viking said:

Is this guy returning or NOT? If so, I may make another adjustment...

Rivals does report a VA Tech offer and 247sports reports a UAB offer.

I

25 minutes ago, Way of the Viking said:

Jalen Rowe  6'1" 195  TE

One thing....those are "offers" and not commits yet......

I will make this simple, which Lowndes QB in 2018 had the most yards, which one played in 13 games, which one had the most TD's, which one played the most snaps? The answer is Jacurri Brown, he played in all but one game last season, the other two QB's played in seven games, Almond the projected starting QB for 2018 got hurt prior to the first game, he did not play until game 8, he and Jacurri both played the rest of the season and playoffs.

Yes these are offers, you are not committed until you sign your name, most of the top players in the country have not committed, they have not decided where they are going to play yet.

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Is this guy returning or NOT? If so, I may make another adjustment...

Rivals does report a VA Tech offer and 247sports reports a UAB offer.

I

Ok... So I actually looked it up instead of just listening to rumors...

They had a Junior QB (last name Almond) who transferred. He was only the starter for a few games last year because he was injured. The Freshman (now Sophomore) Jacurri Brown, started most of last year including the playoffs, and he DOES return.

They return 8 on offense ... IF you go by the starters for their Semifinal game vs Milton last year. They lose 2 OL, and they star RB Travis Tisdale... Losing Tisdale will most definitely hurt. But they bring back everyone else.

37 minutes ago, Way of the Viking said:

I will make this simple, which Lowndes QB in 2018 had the most yards, which one played in 13 games, which one had the most TD's, which one played the most snaps? The answer is Jacurri Brown, he played in all but one game last season, the other two QB's played in seven games, Almond the projected starting QB for 2018 got hurt prior to the first game, he did not play until game 8, he and Jacurri both played the rest of the season and playoffs.

Yes these are offers, you are not committed until you sign your name, most of the top players in the country have not committed, they have not decided where they are going to play yet.

I was told by a Lowndes fan (close to the program) that Almond started all the games once he came back from injury in 2018. I know he played in 2017 also...albeit, I don't know how many times he started.  The Lowndes guy went on to say that there was some sort of "disagreement"  and Almond transferred to Tift in the off season.  Jacurri will be a sophomore this year...right?  I heard thru another source...he was having to compete hard for the vacated starting job.  Not sure who the other kid is.

How close am I?

Rufus>>

46 minutes ago, Way of the Viking said:

You dont have to sign your name to commit. Commitments are usually just verbal.

You are a signee when you sign your name. 20 of the top 32 are actually verbally committed to schools. (I use top 32 bc thats how many 5*s 247 gives out at the end of the year).

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I was told by a Lowndes fan (close to the program) that Almond started all the games once he came back from injury in 2018. I know he played in 2017 also...albeit, I don't know how many times he started.  The Lowndes guy went on to say that there was some sort of "disagreement"  and Almond transferred to Tift in the off season.  Jacurri will be a sophomore this year...right?  I heard thru another source...he was having to compete hard for the vacated starting job.  Not sure who the other kid is.

How close am I?

Rufus>>

I do know Jacurri Brown started Lowndes' semifinal game vs Milton. I didnt check any others besides that one.

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ok... So I actually looked it up instead of just listening to rumors...

They had a Junior QB (last name Almond) who transferred. He was only the starter for a few games last year because he was injured. The Freshman (now Sophomore) Jacurri Brown, started most of last year including the playoffs, and he DOES return.

They return 8 on offense ... IF you go by the starters for their Semifinal game vs Milton last year. They lose 2 OL, and they star RB Travis Tisdale... Losing Tisdale will most definitely hurt. But they bring back everyone else.

That is useful information. I was going to research it myself tonight. Probably should have done so before making the swap. 

I was led to believe Lowndes had no QB.

I have to be smarter than that.