2019 RedZone High School Preseason Top 25 (updated 8/1)

RedZone

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What OS and browsers are you guys using? Just curious, because I haven't experienced any issues from Chrome or android. 

There has been times when I get some error codes but, I'm thinking that they are happening during routine server maintenance and they aren't frequent.

Only on my iPhone with safari 

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

@HawgGoneIt  it happens when i forget to log in then try to post.    So i’ll go back login and it will bring me back to the forum selection page (appears logged in).   When I get into the football forum all is normal.   BUT when I click on the thread I tried posting in and try to post I notice its asking me for the captcha BS.

What I’ve noticed is it seems to happen when I have a message saved.  Maybe it saves that I was not logged in?

Some of this stuff could be due to our add on security stuff to keep the spambots out. 

I've been noticing a lot of posts that need moderator approval and the poster is named "guest" which means they aren't even legitimately logged in to post. I'm not sure how they are even able to post a topic or post requiring approval when they aren't logged in at all. There is no profile for me to ban or flag as a spammer. Weird stuff.

I've been trying to figure this one out for a while now. 

Not sure if they're connected.

• Thanks 2

From an outsiders perspective...Illinois.....The size and high level talent on STA is mind-boggling. So...how are they not performing better ???? Is it coaching....lack of mental/ physical preparation...motivation ??? seriously....they have mid-major college size up and down their roster with game highlights of basically every player. Please explain this because I don`t understand it.

31 minutes ago, abbatt said:

From an outsiders perspective...Illinois.....The size and high level talent on STA is mind-boggling. So...how are they not performing better ???? Is it coaching....lack of mental/ physical preparation...motivation ??? seriously....they have mid-major college size up and down their roster with game highlights of basically every player. Please explain this because I don`t understand it.

Coaching and going up against better-prepared teams is what I've seen from posters dating back to the Dallas Jackson era.

After a little more research (and not much, really) I can safely say that anyone who has NS, MD, SJB, IMG, or SFA #1 can’t be faulted too severely. Those five are interchangeable at this point. With these awesome OOS schedules we have these days it’ll get settled anyway. 

Like I said earlier your poll is as good as anyone’s for a preseason poll. Personally, I would replace Saguaro, E’side Cath., Zaga, Lowndes, Marietta, Chr. Bros., Deerfield Beach, and Oaks Chr. with IMG, Colquitt Co., Allen, Katy, Gorman, Broken Arrow, St. Edward, and Phenix City Cent. 

Just my .02. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Some of this stuff could be due to our add on security stuff to keep the spambots out. 

I've been noticing a lot of posts that need moderator approval and the poster is named "guest" which means they aren't even legitimately logged in to post. I'm not sure how they are even able to post a topic or post requiring approval when they aren't logged in at all. There is no profile for me to ban or flag as a spammer. Weird stuff.

I've been trying to figure this one out for a while now. 

Not sure if they're connected.

It’s the calpreps algorithm. It’s self aware now and wants to brainwash all of the world. 

On 7/28/2019 at 6:48 AM, RedZone said:

I may or may not make an adjustment before Week 1. The Redzone Top 25 Poll will be updated Week 6.

Disclaimer-

I use no proprietary algorithm. The Redzone Preseason Top 25 is based on a number of factors which includes returning starters, coaching/system, talent, history, and or a combination of all factors.AND,, Most importantly.....what I "think" I know about it.

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

6-St. John's, Washington, DC

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

10-St. Frances Academy, MD

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

15-Gonzaga, Washington, DC

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lowndes, GA

18-Dutch Fork, SC

19-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22-Christian Brothers, MO

23-Lake Travis, TX

24-Deerfield Beach, FL

25-Oaks Christian, CA

Summary: There are 20-40 additional teams that could appear in the RedZone Week 6 Poll. I'm NOT going to list them all, but anyone that follows closely enough knows who these teams are.

Looks good the only switches I would make would be St. Louis to 10 and STA to 7. And I'm not 100% sold on Eastside Catholic being a top 10 team. Other than that very solid ranking. 

Can't wait to see all these teams W/L record after 8/30. I bet there's going to be some surprises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

After a little more research (and not much, really) I can safely say that anyone who has NS, MD, SJB, IMG, or SFA #1 can’t be faulted too severely. Those five are interchangeable at this point. With these awesome OOS schedules we have these days it’ll get settled anyway. 

Like I said earlier your poll is as good as anyone’s for a preseason poll. Personally, I would replace Saguaro, E’side Cath., Zaga, Lowndes, Marietta, Chr. Bros., Deerfield Beach, and Oaks Chr. with IMG, Colquitt Co., Allen, Katy, Gorman, Broken Arrow, St. Edward, and Phenix City Cent. 

Just my .02. 

Everyone sees what they want to see.

One of the things that stand out to me about Gonzaga is their OL and 5* QB Caleb Williams....the #2 rated Dual-threat in the 2021 class.

Caleb Williams

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Williams-46040610/

Gonzaga has 4 OL commits.

Penn St

North Carolina St

Wake Forest

Virginia

Anyways, I'll try to say a little about all 25 teams a little later. Will be tied up in meetings the rest of the day and most of the night looks like.

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Just my .02. 

Feel free to tell us what stands out about the teams you "see"..

Gotta go...

10 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

I feel the reason STA is up there is due to name notoriety. It's no secret when you think of Florida football, the first team in many minds is STA. Just like in the 90's it was DLS. Yes Lakeland has done great things in the past winning two MNC and others such as MNW, BTW, MC, CC, Jax TC, Bolles, AHP etc have all had great success, until STA get in a tougher class where they no longer have cake walks to the state finals, other schools  get more TV exposure(minus MC), STA will remain the flagship of the state. Having them #5 is too high in my opinion, but you put them where you felt best...in your opinion. 

Ranking STA in the Preseason has become a real quagmire.

You rank them too high you look like an idiot.

You rank them too low you look like an idiot.

STA is obviously NOT the same coached team as when George Smith was running the show, but a couple things.

STA is dripping in MNC talent. Can this coaching staff ever pull it all together is the main question? So far, No...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

4* Deerfield Beach APB Javlan Knighton will commit tomorrow night.

#3 rated APB nationally. Looks like Florida State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylan-Knighton-46046875/

Man I really wish Don Chaney was on a better team.   I think him and Bowman are the top 2 RBs in the state and then the rest are a  notch below.    Unfortunately Chaney plays on a team with a triple option.    Kid's a beast though.  Too bad he's a Cane.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Who's the phone carrier?

No issues with Verizon.

T-Mobile is stronger.

BGW

I'm feeling like it has something to do with the anti-spambot security and trying to save a spot to return back to without logging back in.

On android, I have the main page bookmarked and never have any trouble. I have never tried to save a specific spot in a thread to return to without logging back in though. I can see why someone would want to do that. 

As I type this, I have a "guest" posting a topic in a thread that was last posted in back in 2016. 3 times this morning "guest" has attempted to post something about some russian electrical company. 

At least "guest's" topics and posts require approval before appearing or we could wake up to a messy board every day. 

If these are connected issues, we can maybe find a way to correct it once prep returns. Seems like we should be able to whitelist certain members ips or something. 

It could also be that we are using the same ip's as spambots try to use if we are using a vpn. There may be some similarities in how the bots operate and the actions of our friends that is creating the issue. 

• Confused 1

On 7/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, RedZone said:

I may or may not make an adjustment before Week 1. The Redzone Top 25 Poll will be updated Week 6.

Disclaimer-

I use no proprietary algorithm. The Redzone Preseason Top 25 is based on a number of factors which includes returning starters, coaching/system, talent, history, and or a combination of all factors.AND,, Most importantly.....what I "think" I know about it.

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lowndes, GA

18-Dutch Fork, SC

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22-Christian Brothers, MO

23-Lake Travis, TX

24-Deerfield Beach, FL

25-Oaks Christian, CA

Summary: There are 20-40 additional teams that could appear in the RedZone Week 6 Poll. I'm NOT going to list them all, but anyone that follows closely enough knows who these teams are.

Made some changes to the bottom half of the REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

Bumped Christian Brothers, MO out and added Mallard Creek, NC.

Bumped Oaks Christian, CA out and added Southlake Carroll, TX.

Bumped Lowndes, GA out and added North Gwinnett, GA (I may regret this)

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lake Travis,  TX

18-Dutch Fork, SC

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22--Mallard  Creek, NC

23-Deerfield Beach, FL

24-North Gwinnett, GA

25-Southlake Carroll, TX

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Made some changes to the bottom half of the REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

Bumped Christian Brothers, MO out and added Mallard Creek, NC.

Bumped Oaks Christian, CA out and added Southlake Carroll, TX.

Bumped Lowndes, GA out and added North Gwinnett, GA (I may regret this)

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lake Travis,  TX

18-Dutch Fork, SC

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22--Mallard  Creek, NC

23-Deerfield Beach, FL

24-North Gwinnett, GA

25-Southlake Carroll, TX

I have given ALL the Lowndes fans your cell number.  If the caller sounds like Slingblade...you'll know it's one of them.

Good Luck....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

Man I really wish Don Chaney was on a better team.   I think him and Bowman are the top 2 RBs in the state and then the rest are a  notch below.    Unfortunately Chaney plays on a team with a triple option.    Kid's a beast though.  Too bad he's a Cane.  

That Deerfield Beach APB Knighton reminds me of a Warrick Dunn (Baton Rouge Catholic) who also went to Florida State. Same size coming out of high school. 

That Knighton kid runs hard and has NO fear.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

We’ll find out about N. Gwinnett and Mallard Creek right out of the gate when they play Colquitt and DF, respectively. 

Nature of the beast.....

I may make 1 or 2 more changes between now and Week 1, but I'm basically running with this Top 25..........just too many teams that could be Top 25, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Nature of the beast.....

I may make 1 or 2 more changes between now and Week 1, but I'm basically running with this Top 25..........just too many teams that could be Top 25, in my opinion.

I cannot believe Columbia High did not make your list !!!!!!

I'm shocked.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1