2019 RedZone High School Preseason Top 25 (updated 8/1)

RedZone

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It wasn't Pretty for Vegas #1.  0-27

SP in Blue; Vegas in white

Clark county Nevada had a population of 48,000 in 1950. Los Angeles county had a population of 1.9 million in 1950. So which area has more balls? 

Boulder City Nevada won the CIF SS title in 1949. And Basic High Nevada made it to the CIF SS title game 5 years later. 

6E047C1B-BD92-465C-AC84-8F9D96EA9401.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Clark county Nevada had a population of 48,000 in 1950. Los Angeles county had a population of 1.9 million in 1950. So which area has more balls? 

Boulder City Nevada won the CIF SS title in 1949. And Basic High Nevada made it to the CIF SS title game 5 years later. 

6E047C1B-BD92-465C-AC84-8F9D96EA9401.png

Excuse thread material

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@RedZone is actually pretty knowledgeable and was one of the better posters prior to his getting defensive about LA and Hillary.

If we can get the 2014 Caj back, this board would be better for it.  This poll is a step in the right direction.  I will tag the @comish so that he is informed of this development.

You mean login.....

Bahahaha

BGW

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

I may or may not make an adjustment before Week 1. The Redzone Top 25 Poll will be updated Week 6.

Disclaimer-

I use no proprietary algorithm. The Redzone Preseason Top 25 is based on a number of factors which includes returning starters, coaching/system, talent, history, and or a combination of all factors.AND,, Most importantly.....what I "think" I know about it.

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

6-St. John's, Washington, DC

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

10-St. Frances Academy, MD

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

15-Gonzaga, Washington, DC

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lowndes, GA

18-Dutch Fork, SC

19-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22-Christian Brothers, MO

23-Lake Travis, TX

24-Deerfield Beach, FL

25-Oaks Christian, CA

Summary: There are 20-40 additional teams that could appear in the RedZone Week 6 Poll. I'm NOT going to list them all, but anyone that follows closely enough knows who these teams are.

I believe Katy is better Lake Travis.  Have you not heard that a good RB from Dutch Forks SC transferred to KATY?

28 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I believe Katy is better Lake Travis.  Have you not heard that a good RB from Dutch Forks SC transferred to KATY?

From what I see Katy returns 9.

5 offense

4 defense

Katy reloads well, but Travis has a huge huge advantage at QB. LT is the more talented and experienced team overall.

Katy has 1 commit to La-Tech.

Not much showing up for Katy honestly. May end up being one their weaker teams.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

IMO if you are going to put another GA team in, it should be Parkview or Colquitt before Lowndes. Im in wait & see mode on Lowndes. Im not sure what impact losing their QB will have yet.

I’d agree.

I still am getting a kick outta all these whiners who don’t care about Marietta and think Marietta sucks and yapyapyapyapyap but can’t get Marietta outta their mouths and minds. 

They’re not worried about them, obviously, but love to speak out about them at every opportunity. But they suck and shouldn’t be ranked that high because, well, they suck. But they’re not worried about them. 

Not at all.......

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RedZone said:

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

St Joseph's Prep QB Kyle McCord is committed to Ohio State in the 2021 class.

#5 rated Pro-style QB in that class and seriously in that 5* range.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-McCord-46047962/

No doubt St Joseph's Prep is trying to showcase him this year and probably next year also. 

McCord will be looking for Marvin Harrison's son Jr. Who is the #5 rated WR also in the 2021 class. Jr is most likely headed to Ohio State too....

https://247sports.com/Player/Marvin-Harrison-Jr-46054792/

More on SJP, PA later.

31 minutes ago, NJFOOTBALL said:

and also had to comeback in 4th Q to beat an average Saint Peters

St Peters was the #4 team in NJ last year. St Peters beat Bergen Catholic 34-7. What does that make Bergen Catholic and why are they playing STA, FL this year?

Anyways, if I did a Preseason Poll based solely on what happened in 2018 what would be the point in Preseason 2019?

There may be several teams that I have ranked that may be better than those teams I have above them.

16 hours ago, RedZone said:

Maybe, but I think I should get credit for having Lakeland at #14.......that's much respect.

What's wrong with these other knuckleheads?

Preseason Polls to date:

USAToday does NOT have Lakeland ranked (Top 25)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/highschool/2019/05/08/2019-preseason-super-25-high-school-football-rankings/39461893/

Calpreps does NOT have Lakeland ranked. (Top 25)

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/National_all25.htm

SportingNews does NOT have Lakeland ranked. (Top 25)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/high-school-football-rankings-sporting-news-preseason-top-25-2019/12f5nnm96mk7k15u8jgv3lmybo

HSFA (Jeff Fisher) has Lakeland at #34 Preseason. (Top 100)

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2019-high-school-football-america-preseason-100/

I feel the reason STA is up there is due to name notoriety. It's no secret when you think of Florida football, the first team in many minds is STA. Just like in the 90's it was DLS. Yes Lakeland has done great things in the past winning two MNC and others such as MNW, BTW, MC, CC, Jax TC, Bolles, AHP etc have all had great success, until STA get in a tougher class where they no longer have cake walks to the state finals, other schools  get more TV exposure(minus MC), STA will remain the flagship of the state. Having them #5 is too high in my opinion, but you put them where you felt best...in your opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

St Joseph's Prep QB Kyle McCord is committed to Ohio State in the 2021 class.

#5 rated Pro-style QB in that class and seriously in that 5* range.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-McCord-46047962/

No doubt St Joseph's Prep is trying to showcase him this year and probably next year also. 

McCord will be looking for Marvin Harrison's son Jr. Who is the #5 rated WR also in the 2021 class. Jr is most likely headed to Ohio State too....

https://247sports.com/Player/Marvin-Harrison-Jr-46054792/

More on SJP, PA later.

I know we here at Marietta are excited to face them, but first we have some unfinished business with Rome in the Corky Kell. 

I can assure y’all Marietta will not be overlooking Rome after last season. Looking forward to that one as well. The folks at Tucker have made it known they’re going to whoop our asses in our scrimmage on the 16th, so we definitely have our work cut out for us! 

16 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Weird cell phone issues trying to post recently... perhaps I changed a setting in error.  I lose my login at times or just can’t post.   Here I had to insert an attached photo of my reply that wouldn’t post.  

This has been happening to me as well and it’s frustrating as F!

1F41A02C-DABC-4505-8447-D70E115EF632.png

Weird cell phone issues trying to post recently... perhaps I changed a setting in error.  I lose my login at times or just can’t post.   Here I had to insert an attached photo of my reply that wouldn’t post.  

Me too.  My login drops a lot here lately.  

1F41A02C-DABC-4505-8447-D70E115EF632.png

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Me too.  My login drops a lot here lately.  

21 minutes ago, 954gator said:

This has been happening to me as well and it’s frustratint as F!

What OS and browsers are you guys using? Just curious, because I haven't experienced any issues from Chrome or android. 

There has been times when I get some error codes but, I'm thinking that they are happening during routine server maintenance and they aren't frequent.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What OS and browsers are you guys using? Just curious, because I haven't experienced any issues from Chrome or android. 

There has been times when I get some error codes but, I'm thinking that they are happening during routine server maintenance and they aren't frequent.

Problem has been always on Iphone so Safari for me.

• Like 1

@HawgGoneIt  it happens when i forget to log in then try to post.    So i’ll go back login and it will bring me back to the forum selection page (appears logged in).   When I get into the football forum all is normal.   BUT when I click on the thread I tried posting in and try to post I notice its asking me for the captcha BS.

What I’ve noticed is it seems to happen when I have a message saved.  Maybe it saves that I was not logged in?