2019 RedZone High School Preseason Top 25 (updated 8/1)

RedZone

21 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You like St. Louis, Hi at that level?

BGW

St Louis, HI smashed Narbonne, CA last year 47-7. Look and see how many polls still have Narbonne, CA ranked highly this preseason in their Top 25s.

They clearly haven't received that memo....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

AlarmedShabbyBlackwidowspider-max-1mb.gif.845003951c168fd8ea61660db2861796.gif

One would think with all this "quality loss" credit being given certain teams from a certain state with a certain couple of teams that take certain advantage of certain slack transfer rules that certainly beat up on all the other teams in a certain league, thaaaat a team with losses to SJC and IMG would fall somewhere between number 1 and number 1 on certain people's polls. 

That's a whole lot of certainly. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not many teams in America could answer that question favorably. Especially if it read "Top 10 OOS team." You're being too hard on SJP. They've scheduled and beaten many of the top hsfb brands over the past 10 years. And regardless of 2019 outcomes vs SJC and IMG, they'll always have the respect of the most knowledgeable of hsfb fans. 

I am only being hard on St. Joe's perennial Top 20 ranking when I honestly have been looking for the beef.   Kudos to them for scheduling IMG and SJC this year (if they really did). 

If so we will find out ALOT about Joe's this season.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya, but what is the quality of those returning players?  Are they highly rated players?

And here we go.... 

Football is a team sport not a "ME ME ME" sport.... 

But y'all wouldn't know... 

Considering y'all are loaded with nothing but all star transfers... 

But if you must know 

They have a few 4*s... 

• Confused 1

RedZone,

I think it`s as good a poll as I`ve seen. Christian Brother`s, MO is way over-ranked at 22.....45-55 is their spot....But I applaud you for not ranking any Ohio teams yet...especially over-rated Arch Bishop Hoban. The top Ohio team belongs in the high 30`s. I also think that SFA is top 5. When the games are played this may all prove to be sideways and upside down...but for now ..good job.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Christian Brother`s, MO is way over-ranked at 22

I may have to bump them......it appears they may have lost more than I had originally thought....may as well get them out early. Christian Brothers does play a solid Winton Woods, OH team this year. Winton Woods beat Elder and Moeller last year and ended up (13-2). Of course Elder, Moeller, St Xavier and La Salle don't seem to have much juice these days.

I personally watched Christian Brothers put 49 points on St Johns College, DC last year though...they lost by 10, but still a lot of points.

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/9-29-2018/football-fall-18/christian-brothers-vs-st-johns.htm?c=E7W8VG3MrUmo5trCY0aDSg#tab=recap&schoolid=

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

I may or may not make an adjustment before Week 1. The Redzone Top 25 Poll will be updated Week 6.

Disclaimer-

I use no proprietary algorithm. The Redzone Preseason Top 25 is based on a number of factors which includes returning starters, coaching/system, talent, history, and or a combination of all factors.AND,, Most importantly.....what I "think" I know about it.

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL -  Lakeland has reloaded and deserves respect above STA and there are concerns in a key position and areas of O and D that I'll politely stay quiet on, but it's nothing new to those who follow them.   Annually, I hope to see a fullback used often with athleticism and a TE/Hback in motion to help gap blocking (2011 vs Pratville  the in motion blocking was used well to better contain the DL interior).    Sure followers are fanatics, so ups and downs are accentuated, but top 5 is way too high imo.   I assume you waived IMG from the list on purpose, otherwise they need to be above STA.  

6-St. John's, Washington, DC

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA   (Aggressive position, same with Saguaro)... I dig Saguaro and 2019 is not 2018, but I watched Saguaro last year and well, I still dig them... but their sos is going to rise like Beyond Meat stock this year in the playoffs.  Good luck to them, but not buying 9 and 11.   Not with MC, Corona Centennial, Lakeland and Gonzaga behind them.   They haven't earned that imo.  

10-St. Frances Academy, MD    Take STA's spot  

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

15-Gonzaga, Washington, DC

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lowndes, GA    I noticed them on CP and they lost their starting QB that CP didn't know nor I lol, but if the data is correct withe one less and 15 returning, who knows... the GA brethren barometer is not trending up unless I'm mistaken.   

18-Dutch Fork, SC    

19-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22-Christian Brothers, MO

23-Lake Travis, TX

24-Deerfield Beach, FL   Talent is not an issue... WR core is stout.  Restrepo is a wicked guy to defend.  If their OL is above avg, they should put up points unless their OC is a disciple of STA's.  

25-Oaks Christian, CA

Summary: There are 20-40 additional teams that could appear in the RedZone Week 6 Poll. I'm NOT going to list them all, but anyone that follows closely enough knows who these teams are.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, abbatt said:

RedZone.......

This cracks me up.......For all of the criticism  you get from this board........look at the response you got from your post. Keep on truckin !!!!!

@RedZone is actually pretty knowledgeable and was one of the better posters prior to his getting defensive about LA and Hillary.

If we can get the 2014 Caj back, this board would be better for it.  This poll is a step in the right direction.  I will tag the @comish so that he is informed of this development.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I may have to bump them......it appears they may have lost more than I had originally thought....may as well get them out early. Christian Brothers does play a solid Winton Woods, OH team this year. Winton Woods beat Elder and Moeller last year and ended up (13-2). Of course Elder, Moeller, St Xavier and La Salle don't seem to have much juice these days.

I personally watched Christian Brothers put 49 points on St Johns College, DC last year though...they lost by 10, but still a lot of points.

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/9-29-2018/football-fall-18/christian-brothers-vs-st-johns.htm?c=E7W8VG3MrUmo5trCY0aDSg#tab=recap&schoolid=

I saw that game and I also watched Edwardsville put up 45 on CBC and decided that CBC doesnt even know what defense is. Same Edwardsville could muster only 14 on LWE, 21 on East St Louis, and 7 on Waubonsie Valley.

52 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL -  Lakeland has reloaded and deserves respect above STA and there are concerns in a key position and areas of O and D that I'll politely stay quiet on, but it's nothing new to those who follow them.   Annually, I hope to see a fullback used often with athleticism and a TE/Hback in motion to help gap blocking (2011 vs Pratville  the in motion blocking was used well to better contain the DL interior).    Sure followers are fanatics, so ups and downs are accentuated, but top 5 is way too high imo.   I assume you waived IMG from the list on purpose, otherwise they need to be above STA.  

Maybe, but I think I should get credit for having Lakeland at #14.......that's much respect.

What's wrong with these other knuckleheads?

Preseason Polls to date:

USAToday does NOT have Lakeland ranked (Top 25)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/highschool/2019/05/08/2019-preseason-super-25-high-school-football-rankings/39461893/

Calpreps does NOT have Lakeland ranked. (Top 25)

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/National_all25.htm

SportingNews does NOT have Lakeland ranked. (Top 25)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/high-school-football-rankings-sporting-news-preseason-top-25-2019/12f5nnm96mk7k15u8jgv3lmybo

HSFA (Jeff Fisher) has Lakeland at #34 Preseason. (Top 100)

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2019-high-school-football-america-preseason-100/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Maybe, but I think I should get credit for having Lakeland at #14.......that's much respect.

What's wrong with these other knuckleheads?

Preseason Polls to date:

USAToday does NOT have Lakeland ranked (Top 25)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/highschool/2019/05/08/2019-preseason-super-25-high-school-football-rankings/39461893/

Calpreps does NOT have Lakeland ranked. (Top 25)

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/National_all25.htm

SportingNews does NOT have Lakeland ranked. (Top 25)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/high-school-football-rankings-sporting-news-preseason-top-25-2019/12f5nnm96mk7k15u8jgv3lmybo

HSFA (Jeff Fisher) has Lakeland at #34 Preseason. (Top 100)

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2019-high-school-football-america-preseason-100/

1F41A02C-DABC-4505-8447-D70E115EF632.png

Weird cell phone issues trying to post recently... perhaps I changed a setting in error.  I lose my login at times or just can’t post.   Here I had to insert an attached photo of my reply that wouldn’t post.  

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm extremely surprised at this response. Over the last 10 years, SJP has played the likes of Cocoa FL, Jesuit TX, Mt Carmel IL, Iggy OH, Evangel Christian LA, Oaks Christian CA, Jesuit FL, Marietta GA and IMG FL. 

They beat Good Counsel last year too.