2019 RedZone High School Preseason Top 25 (updated 8/1)

RedZone

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm extremely surprised at this response. Over the last 10 years, SJP has played the likes of Cocoa FL, Jesuit (TX), Mt Carmel IL, Iggy OH, Evangel Christian LA, Oaks Christian CA, Jesuit FL, Marietta GA and IMG FL. 

Maybe I should have further clarified by stating "Compelling" games outside the Norhteast.  Playing Jokes, Mt. Carmel, Cocoa just doesn't cut it for a perennial ranked Top 10 team.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

For sure. Outside of their Northeast opponents like SPP, Zaga, DBP, SJR, GC, SJC, I believe they're undefeated thru 2018 vs the OOS teams listed above. 

Please list the compelling OOS games played since 2016.

They are like DLS during the early streak years, running up big records vs. inferior competition.

Honestly don't see them as a Top 15 team.  Maybe Top 25.  Not sold at all.

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

That's not fair. Almost all of those games were on the road and they won all of them. Very few teams have logged more airline miles over the last 10 years then SJP. #roadwarriors 

And this year they play Marietta, SJC and IMG!!!!

I will be sold if they beat either SJC or IMG.  But they won't.  More likely they get exposed....finally.

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sorry, but the many of us that have him on IGNORE didn't notice. If that's true, his poll's a farce. 

I understand why

Cajun is a inch of crawl space above a troll and thinks he some genius but his self opinion of himself is much higher than what everyone else sees

Probably why he backing Los up so much, they both think they are smarter than they really are

17 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Liberty (NV) beat the six time defending 4A Saguaro Sabercats in 2017 and 2018. And Saguaro had at last count 22 kids with offers (all classes combined) last year. 

We will finally get to see how good Saguaro is this year because the AIA started an open playoff format. So Saguaro might face off with Centennial and or Chandler in the playoffs. I’m looking forward to the possibilities. 

Yeah, I saw that. I just have to go with my gut and the talent sometimes. This year's version of Saguaro is suppose to be nasty and I can't dispute it on paper.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/07/22/arizona-high-school-football-transfers-who-can-shake-up-2019/1800188001/

Saguaro gets even better

Scottsdale Saguaro comes in with maybe the greatest senior class the school has ever had on a football field. But this loaded 4A team gets even better for the playoffs with cornerback Denzel Burke (from Brophy Prep) and wide receiver Brandt Goodwin (Casteel) turned loose.

29 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe I should have further clarified by stating "Compelling" games outside the Norhteast.  Playing Jokes, Mt. Carmel, Cocoa just doesn't cut it for a perennial ranked Top 10 team.

I would give you thumbs down for the comment, but that's a bitch move....

Cocoa is decent depending on year played, excellent coach there if my memory is on.

IMG.... Iggy, Marietta... Oaks has some horses or did.

BGW

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

I may or may not make an adjustment before Week 1. The Redzone Top 25 Poll will be updated Week 6.

Disclaimer-

I use no proprietary algorithm. The Redzone Preseason Top 25 is based on a number of factors which includes returning starters, coaching/system, talent, history, and or a combination of all factors.AND,, Most importantly.....what I "think" I know about it.

REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25

1-North Shore, TX

2- St. John Bosco, CA

3-Mater Dei, CA

4-Duncanville, TX

5-St Thomas Aquinas, FL

6-St. John's, Washington, DC

7-St. Louis, HI

8- St. Joseph's Prep, PA

9-Eastside Catholic, WA

10-St. Frances Academy, MD

11-Saguaro, AZ

12-Central Miami, FL

13-Centennial, CA

14- Lakeland, FL

15-Gonzaga, Washington, DC

16-John Curtis, La

17-Lowndes, GA

18-Dutch Fork, SC

19-St. Joseph Regional, NJ

20- De La Salle, CA

21-Marietta, GA

22-Christian Brothers, MO

23-Lake Travis, TX

24-Deerfield Beach, FL

25-Oaks Christian, CA

Summary: There are 20-40 additional teams that could appear in the RedZone Week 6 Poll. I'm NOT going to list them all, but anyone that follows closely enough knows who these teams are.

Lowndes?  Other than that not bad.

39 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Please list the compelling OOS games played since 2016.

They are like DLS during the early streak years, running up big records vs. inferior competition.

Honestly don't see them as a Top 15 team.  Maybe Top 25.  Not sold at all.

"I do t have California bias" my ass... 

You're not sold on SJP but they've played some of the best teams on the east coast... 

Ok let's discount MD's OOS games as well... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You're not sold on SJP but they've played some of the best teams on the east coast... 

Name the Top 10 team (in that year) that ST. Joe's played and beat.  (Not that I want you to waste your Sunday looking for it).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Sammyswordsman y’all bash GA for scheduling isb but y’all Actually scheduled Bergen Catholic as an oos

what a waste

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

As good of a poll as any of the others...and better than some.

Not sure that Marietta should be there...but hey....who gives a rat's ass about a Hillgrove wannabe?

Rufus>>

I'm no polling expert, but in my mind there are some "at risk" teams in every poll......Marrietta may be one of those squads in my poll.

I'm just betting after two years the Marrietta talent finally pays off especially offensively where they are stacked......they should have a potent offense on paper and put points on the scoreboard. Defensively, they have the talent to get some stops.

Deerfield Beach is at risk too......couple others.

• Like 1