USA Today Preseason top 25

MC Rockets

24 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

USA Today just released their preseason rankings. Usually I don't have too much of a problem with their poll, but this bad! Wait til you see who's number #1. 

Your thoughts?

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-super-25-preseason-high-school-football-rankings

Oh boy. I like STA in the 10-20 range personally. 

• Like 2

Yawn. Separate these out into two categories:

Actual Traditional Schools:

1. Duncanville

2. Central (FL)

3. Lakeland

4. Hoover

5. North Shore

6 Sagurro

7. Central (AL)

8. Narbonne

9. Pickerting Central

10. Centennial

Club teams:

1. St. Frances

2. MD

3. STA

4. SBJ

5. IMG

6. St. Johns College

7. DeMatha

8. Bishop Gorman

9. DLS

10. BC

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed. This ranking  is very suspect.

Not doing STA or Fla  any favors with s tough road opener at DLS. 

STA kids gonna spend the next two weeks reading their press while DLS kids just got that much more focused

won't be surprised if DLS wins that game, thus spring boarding them to the top 10, and to only setup a NorCal-SoCal CIF championship game with the winner of MD-SJB for the MNC.   

Damn!! I think I have way too many acronyms in this comment. LOL!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, MC Rockets said:

USA Today just released their preseason rankings. Usually I don't have too much of a problem with their poll, but this bad! Wait til you see who's number #1. 

Your thoughts?

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-super-25-preseason-high-school-football-rankings

I think most experts (like myself)t would agree that the REDZONE PRESEASON TOP 25 is a much more realistic representation of the 2019 high school football season.

#14 Narbonne will roll with a DC as HC and is another high school team in trouble.....they do have a boat load of talent though.

Coach Manuel Douglas remains unavailable until the Los Angeles Unified School District gives him clearance to return. He was given a temporary reassignment of his duties on May 31.

The LAUSD announced last month that it had launched an investigation into an allegation of academic misconduct at the Harbor City high school and that three staff members were reassigne

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vti-narbonne-summer-passing-20190622-story.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Oh boy. I like STA in the 10-20 range personally. 

I have a slightly lower range but if someone like you who is a loyal STA fan knows that is too high we know they definitely made a mistake

STA a talented team but with question marks at QB they have no business in top 5 nationally much less number 1

I feel this was partly due to boost ESPN kickoff weekend ratings. USAT is the poll they use for their games. 

To have:

1. STA vs DLS

4. SJB vs 20. DeMatha

6. SFA vs 15. MC

and 14. Narboone

6 ranked teams playing in two days on their network is nice for ratings. $$$$$$

But what do I know?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

I feel this was partly doe to boost ESPN kickoff weekend ratings. USAT is the poll they use for their games. 

To have:

1. STA vs DLS

4. SJB vs 20. DeMatha

6. SFA vs 15. MC

and 14. Narboone

6 ranked teams playing in two days on their network is nice for ratings. $$$$$$

But what do I know?

Sounds like ESPN picking game to showcase the ESPN 300 instead of actually picking the best games

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Sounds like ESPN picking game to showcase the ESPN 300 instead of actually picking the best games

Oh that's been the norm for them for years. It's always been about their 300 and not the games. I remember back in 2013 it was #1 vs. #2

BTW vs MC and they had two teams from Kansas on that night all because one school had a top OL recruit. At that point I knew it was wasn't about the matchups. 

• Like 1