USA Today Preseason top 25

MC Rockets

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Those games might be relevant in Fla, but not for this National board.  Posters are expected to limit their game references to "relevant" games.   Somewhat surprised that a clarification was necessary, but understandably some posters need things spelled out, so thank you for reminding me that there are visitors from local boards who need their hands held.

I've seen you talk about Servite games. What up with that?

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

Yawn. Separate these out into two categories:

Actual Traditional Schools:

1. Duncanville

2. Central (FL)

3. Lakeland

4. Hoover

5. North Shore

6 Sagurro

7. Central (AL)

8. Narbonne

9. Pickerting Central

10. Centennial

Club teams:

1. St. Frances

2. MD

3. STA

4. SBJ

5. IMG

6. St. Johns College

7. DeMatha

8. Bishop Gorman

9. DLS

10. BC

How many of the traditional schools have open enrollment for their county/municipality allowing either transfers or younger students from other districts to move up in? Nearby factory or military base where a parent can transfer into and bring a son with them?  Host homes for out of county/city schools where visiting students can live during the school year?  Allow 19 year olds who wereheld back a year?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

USA Today just released their preseason rankings. Usually I don't have too much of a problem with their poll, but this bad! Wait til you see who's number #1. 

Your thoughts?

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-super-25-preseason-high-school-football-rankings

I have not even looked at it yet but I can offer my thought. 

There is no right or wrong and this one is generally poorly done but this is the poll that counts. 

13 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

USA Today just released their preseason rankings. Usually I don't have too much of a problem with their poll, but this bad! Wait til you see who's number #1. 

Your thoughts?

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-super-25-preseason-high-school-football-rankings

Haha. And they still continue to be the worst poll in the land.

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DLS loves this sh*t.

Plus STA traditionally loses their first game when ranked #1.

Lets see what happens when a Fla team is given the keys to the car.  Lol 

#wontFinish

DLS for sure stands no chance now. Playing the top team in the nation in game 1? If they keep it somewhat close that alone should put them in the top 10. 

12 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I have a slightly lower range but if someone like you who is a loyal STA fan knows that is too high we know they definitely made a mistake

STA a talented team but with question marks at QB they have no business in top 5 nationally much less number 1

USA today is the standard for hsfb ranking. #1 STA will be taking on unranked, unmentioned DLS to start the season. Oh woe is DLS!!!!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

USA today is the standard for hsfb ranking. #1 STA will be taking on unranked, unmentioned DLS to start the season. Oh woe is DLS!!!!

You all can prop up a potential win over STA as a landmark moment but I know better than to buy into a team who lacks a decent/solid QB

The projected starter for STA at QB (Dean) is a overrated Daddy's boy who struggled playing average 2a schools

What you think gonna happen when he facing big Dawgs, if STA smart they will run ball every play behind that OL and not let Dean touch the ball 

10 hours ago, BigDrop said:

How many of the traditional schools have open enrollment for their county/municipality allowing either transfers or younger students from other districts to move up in? Nearby factory or military base where a parent can transfer into and bring a son with them?  Host homes for out of county/city schools where visiting students can live during the school year?  Allow 19 year olds who wereheld back a year?

Far different than having a recruiting budget, offering housing, offering national travel schedules, etc. Stop comparing apples and oranges.

It's pathetic that team like STA would ever lose to Lakeland.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:04 AM, 181pl said:

Yawn. Separate these out into two categories:

Actual Traditional Schools:

1. Duncanville

2. Central (FL)

3. Lakeland

4. Hoover

5. North Shore

6 Sagurro

7. Central (AL)

8. Narbonne

9. Pickerting Central

10. Centennial

Club teams:

1. St. Frances

2. MD

3. STA

4. SBJ

5. IMG

6. St. Johns College

7. DeMatha

8. Bishop Gorman

9. DLS

10. BC

Can’t just go public/ private 

Most private’s don’t recruit and there are publics (like Lakeland, at least according to FHSAA) that do 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

I disagree. That is a poor statement.

No, it's not. STA can make a S. Fla. all star team each year. Lakeland can get some kids in from Polk, and maybe Osceola. They don't have a national recruiting footprint like STA. Further, times have changed from the 1999-2006 games between the teams when L dominated. Back then, STA was more like a Tampa Jesuit on roids. Now they are essentially IMG.

7 minutes ago, 181pl said:

No, it's not. STA can make a S. Fla. all star team each year. Lakeland can get some kids in from Polk, and maybe Osceola. They don't have a national recruiting footprint like STA. Further, times have changed from the 1999-2006 games between the teams when L dominated. Back then, STA was more like a Tampa Jesuit on roids. Now they are essentially IMG.

Lol.   Tampa Jesuit.    Joke statement.  

If STA had a true south FL all star team there would be no need to even have rankings.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2019 at 10:25 AM, CCBlackhatter said:

At least they left DLS off the list.

But they went full retard by including the likes of Narbonne, Saguaro, MLK, and others.

DLS should not be on anyone's top 25 list. They have zero starred players and they are going up against the top team in the nation with 30 something starred players. Oh woe is DLS. If STA does not win by at least 28 then it's a down year for fl. 

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

DLS should not be on anyone's top 25 list. They have zero starred players and they are going up against the top team in the nation with 30 something starred players. Oh woe is DLS. If STA does not win by at least 28 then it's a down year for fl. 

I agree. DLS is not Top 25 despite being the de facto #3 or #4 team in Cali. I was surprised to see USA Today omit the Spartans, as they are usually gifted a ranking in the preseason.

33 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Dude where are you getting your information from? Whatever all-star assembly you think STA has or can have, you are sadly mistaken. Just like you said, times are different from back then when in Broward county it was only STA. Now you have teams like AHP, Cardinal Gibbons, U-School, C-Madonna. STA ain't got it like you think my man!!!

• Like 1