Top Public Schools for Football

181pl

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Pretty nice list but think u forgot blessed trinity 

But like I said u nailed it except that one you missed 

Blessed Trinity is a private school. 

I think the OP was looking for the top publics from each state. 

As an aside, I like Blessed Trinity. Ever since I saw the priest in a dress pulling karate kid type moves on the sideline out of excitement I've been a fan. 

• Haha 1

As it is in Florida right now, since ~2017, there is no longer an advantage for privates over publics. Privates have always had to work through the admissions and tuition/financial aid end of things. They still have to deal with that, so they can't enroll just anyone. Now, schools like Lakeland are just raiding the heck out of the other schools. It's actually out of control. Lakeland may very well start 5 players on defense who started for Kathleen in the past. They have 17 transfers just this year, with one that I know of coming from out of state. The advantage that an STA had through around 2016 is gone. Which is why Lakeland is favored by many to beat STA in consecutive years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

As it is in Florida right now, since ~2017, there is no longer an advantage for privates over publics. Privates have always had to work through the admissions and tuition/financial aid end of things. They still have to deal with that, so they can't enroll just anyone. Now, schools like Lakeland are just raiding the heck out of the other schools. It's actually out of control. Lakeland may very well start 5 players on defense who started for Kathleen in the past. They have 17 transfers just this year, with one that I know of coming from out of state. The advantage that an STA had through around 2016 is gone. Which is why Lakeland is favored by many to beat STA in consecutive years. 

How will Drew the Guru cope?

Wait, "self-regulating" is a work in progress. Or nonexistent.

BGW

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

tAs it is in Florida right now, since ~2017, there is no longer an advantage for privates over publics. Privates have always had to work through the admissions and tuition/financial aid end of things. They still have to deal with that, so they can't enroll just anyone. Now, schools like Lakeland are just raiding the heck out of the other schools. It's actually out of control. Lakeland may very well start 5 players on defense who started for Kathleen in the past. They have 17 transfers just this year, with one that I know of coming from out of state. The advantage that an STA had through around 2016 is gone. Which is why Lakeland is favored by many to beat STA in consecutive years. 

True for the generic, run of the mill privates. Not true for the big budget glamour shots programs...

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Don't be a dick, okay?

BGW

He appears to have had a Capt. Obvious moment. 

Pretty sure that Wu Tang and I both had already said private schools in Texas and Georgia were "lame", just not in a word. 

It wouldn't matter if Texas allowed them to play the publics or not. They still wouldn't be any better. 

The reasons behind the disparity is, as I said, heavy investment in public schools in those two states that has kept the privates from surpassing the publics in facilities or quality of education. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

BTW, if STA reloads properly, which they can do, and they make it to the Final, which they should, don't be surprised if they spank the L, Armwood, etc., by 35.

With Dean as a QB??

LMAO

You would be more likely to see Columbia running clock Miami Central in finals this year than you will see STA running clock Lakeland

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

The advantage that an STA had through around 2016 is gone. Which is why Lakeland is favored by many to beat STA in consecutive years. 

The lie here is that Lakeland has always been able to do this. The new transfer rules only affect players from another county who are not subject to the Polk County School Board. If a kid transfers from Kathleen, the same rules apply as did before 2017: the Polk County School Board controls eligibility.

Just because you only decided to show your face again after the rules were changed doesn't mean that it had any affect on transfers within Polk County.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It wouldn't matter if Texas allowed them to play the publics or not. They still wouldn't be any better. 

That's easy to say given that the results are baked into the cake now.

Private schools will never be able to overcome the decades long monopoly that public schools have granted themselves in Texas.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The reasons behind the disparity is, as I said, heavy investment in public schools in those two states that has kept the privates from surpassing the publics in facilities or quality of education. 

And your private schools are lame.

Again, it's easy to beat your chest about investment when your competing with Blessed Trinity and Marist.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The lie here is that Lakeland has always been able to do this. The new transfer rules only affect players from another county who are not subject to the Polk County School Board. If a kid transfers from Kathleen, the same rules apply as did before 2017: the Polk County School Board controls eligibility.

Just because you only decided to show your face again after the rules were changed doesn't mean that it had any affect on transfers within Polk County.

Well they did before and a certain whiny bitch team in South FL narked on them because they couldn't keep up for 3 straight years

Hey I found a correlation

You a whiny bitch just like STA, you probably were one in your basement throwing a temper tantrum about Lakeland owning your pathetic ass and went to complain to FHSAA because your feelings were hurt that STA wasn't winning state every year LMAO

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

BTW, if STA reloads properly, which they can do, and they make it to the Final, which they should, don't be surprised if they spank the L, Armwood, etc., by 35.

THIS STA team against THIS Lakeland team is not capable of such a feat. This is the most loaded, deepest, versatile team Lakeland has ever had. It appears to be just another STA team along the lines of what we've seen lately. This Lakeland team should be favored over STA. Now, in the future, who knows.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

THIS STA team against THIS Lakeland team is not capable of such a feat. This is the most loaded, deepest, versatile team Lakeland has ever had. It appears to be just another STA team along the lines of what we've seen lately. This Lakeland team should be favored over STA. Now, in the future, who knows.

And 181pl somehow thinks that "reloading" can be done in 14 days before the season starts.

The guy is loopy.

9 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I haven't read the transfer rules in depth. I just know there has been an obvious, rather dramatic shift after the 2016 season. The 2017, 2018 and 2019 teams have had considerably more transfers than ever before. 

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

I haven't read the transfer rules in depth. I just know there has been an obvious, rather dramatic shift after the 2016 season. The 2017, 2018 and 2019 teams have had considerably more transfers than ever before. 

Lakeland got tired of losing to Osceola and Viera, and Castle is not getting any younger. 

17 transfers is more than STA has ever had in a single year. I assume that you'll be disgusted with this and disavow the sport for almost a decade.

No?

I didn't think so.

• Haha 3