Hypothetical situation.

Lets just say you're in your prime still(For the older posters). And you have 14 college offers. You're guaranteed to start no matter where you go but some of the college's aren't that appealing in terms of winning culture...which college would you pick

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lets just say you're in your prime still(For the older posters). And you have 14 college offers. You're guaranteed to start no matter where you go but some of the college's aren't that appealing in terms of winning culture...which college would you pick

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

I would intend to pick the one that offered the best program in my intended course if study 

then, I hope a friend would tell me that no one with that list is guaranteed to start anywhere

then, I would just choose based on who has hottest girls 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

People forget sometimes that you not just choosing a place to play

You also choosing a place you will spend the next 3-4 years of your life 

So probably Hawaii or Fresno State

• Like 1

Anyone can answer. 

I'd pick: 

Northwestern. 

NW isn't anything super special but they're making strides in the right direction and I'd like to be apart of that. 

Of course this would mean playing Ohio State every other year but I'd just have to swallow that pill and do it. 

Evanston is also a decent place... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

It depends entirely upon the background and preferences and priorities of the individual. If you're a devout Mormon, there is likely no debate; it's BYU all the way. A devout Catholic, it's Notre Dame. If you have an affinity for the urban lifestyle and NYC, you'd probably choose Rutgers. If you like Chicago, it'd be Northwesten. If you like more of a quiet, country feel you might choose Nebraska or Oregon State. If you like incredibly shitty weather, Syracuse. Etc

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

You pick a place where you are most comfortable. If you have a long held career path set in your head (almost none does) then you pick the school with the program and network that will get you there. 

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It depends entirely upon the background and preferences and priorities of the individual. If you're a devout Mormon, there is likely no debate; it's BYU all the way. A devout Catholic, it's Notre Dame. If you have an affinity for the urban lifestyle and NYC, you'd probably choose Rutgers. If you like Chicago, it'd be Northwesten. If you like more of a quiet, country feel you might choose Nebraska or Oregon State. If you like incredibly shitty weather, Syracuse. Etc

I'd choose syracuse for the wonderful weather. Cool summers and tons of snow in the winter. For me personally it's just not a big enough town though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

I would intend to pick the one that offered the best program in my intended course if study 

then, I hope a friend would tell me that no one with that list is guaranteed to start anywhere

then, I would just choose based on who has hottest girls 

Then your options just got super duper limited... 

I hear Fresno State has some hot girls but... 

The trade off would be living in Fresno... 

So I'd recommend Rice. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You pick a place where you are most comfortable. If you have a long held career path set in your head (almost none does) then you pick the school with the program and network that will get you there. 

Syracuse is closest to NYC which is one of the largest media markets in the world if not the largest... 

And my major is Mass Communication and New Media. However I'm not a big fan of Syracuse as a city. 

Which Is part of the reason I chose Northwestern in this scenario. And Chicago's Media market is pretty huge as well... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Syracuse is closest to NYC which is one of the largest media markets in the world if not the largest... 

And my major is Mass Communication and New Media. However I'm not a big fan of Syracuse as a city. 

Which Is part of the reason I chose Northwestern in this scenario. And Chicago's Media market is pretty huge as well... 

Rutgers was on the list and is in the greater NYC metro area. Rutgers has played many home games at the Meadowlands (Giants' stadium)

51 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

Wake Forest, Notre Dame, Northwestern final 3...

For law Northwestern....

For business Wake Forest....

For wide bandwidth, Notre Dame.

Probably it would come down to relationship...

Notre Dame would in all probability final pick.

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

Norte dame

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

People forget sometimes that you not just choosing a place to play

You also choosing a place you will spend the next 3-4 years of your life 

So probably Hawaii or Fresno State

Not a lot of hotties in Hawaii... Stadium is mostly empty and quiet for games...

I would guess Utah, Rice or Notre Dame has the hottest women from this list...

8 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Not a lot of hotties in Hawaii... Stadium is mostly empty and quiet for games...

I would guess Utah, Rice or Notre Dame has the hottest women from this list...

Apparently Rice doesn't.... 

And Utah? Idk chief.... You probably know more than me... Considering last time I went to Utah I was 14... But I didn't see any head turner's... for damn sure... Salt Lake City as a whole had women that where OK looking but hey beauty is subjective. Your definition of hot may not be the same as mine... 

7 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Unless we're talking about Hollerhick, Kentucky or something, there's no shortage of hotties on college campuses

Sometimes it's just the trade off... 

One of the most beautiful women I've seen I saw in Mississippi... 

But not a shot in hell I'm signing myself up to stay in boring ass Oxford or MS in general... 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

I’d base it on overall education quality:  rice, northwestern or ND 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's the college's:

BYU

Syracuse 

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

Wake Forest

Rice

Minnesota

Hawaii

Oregon State 

Notre Dame

Rutgers

Utah 

Northwestern

Fresno State

Notre Dame

If the NFL doesn't work out, I bet being a ND football player would open alot of doors after school

• Like 1