South Pointe (SC) 33 @ Buford 27 Final.

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You mean the same colquitt that was coming off 15-0 season and a lot of Georgia guys said would still be good last year and Even said they were better then their record

Speaking of which why didn't colquitt play this year? 

We only do one year deals in OOS games.

I don't recall anyone from Colquitt proclaiming that the 2016 team would be as good or better than the 2015 and 2016 edition (we sent 35-40 players to college off of those two teams).

We were not better than our record indicated, but we were better than many other teams that had fewer losses. I mean, we did give that game away to AHP, but I'll let you decide on the strength of a very very down Colquitt team last year. Either they were still pretty dang good, or AHP wasn't nearly as good as their ranking. If the latter, then that is a bad look for Florida. To add some context, 3 of Colquitt's losses were to Mill Creek by 7, AHP by 3, and Tucker by 1. We could have very easily gone 11-2, but struggled early on to find an identity after replacing so many playmakers (9 FBS recruits on the 2015 team alone).

56 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Grayson blew Miami Central a new ass a coupla years ago! Ya reckon they'da won in lil Havana?O.o

I'd reckon a lot of results would be different if Georgia had some road balls.

But they don't.

38 minutes ago, affinity7 said:

Any chance we can get some insight to the game? Not a bunch of girls crying about how good their state is in football.

This is likely the best team SP plays all year - but SP plays big boys all the time.  They play NW every year and NW has had a couple of top 15 teams recently.  They scrimmage with Gaffney, Byrnes and Spartanburg.  D1 talent will not intimidate them - SP has several recent alumni in the NFL.  They can play physical and are well-coached.  I think they will compete very well.

12 minutes ago, Bormio said:

This is likely the best team SP plays all year - but SP plays big boys all the time.  They play NW every year and NW has had a couple of top 15 teams recently.  They scrimmage with Gaffney, Byrnes and Spartanburg.  D1 talent will not intimidate them - SP has several recent alumni in the NFL.  They can play physical and are well-coached.  I think they will compete very well.

No doubt they'll compete, but they are arguably not even playing a top 5 GA team. 

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

That was probably me being nice. Let me rephrase: This will be a one or two TD game, but I see Buford winning. I just don't think South Pointe is as good as the ranking services have them.

They may or may not be - I do not think anyone has seen enough of either team to really know.  No result would be shocking to me, although I think it will be a good game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I think you called it earlier this week, too, that freshman QB for Buford has to play up to the potential tonight. 

Yes, but he just can't make Freshman mistakes. The line and mix of backs will help Buford control the LOS and clock. They'll need to pass though to move the chains, that's when the QB needs to be accurate and make the right reads.

27 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Yes, but he just can't make Freshman mistakes. The line and mix of backs will help Buford control the LOS and clock. They'll need to pass though to move the chains, that's when the QB needs to be accurate and make the right reads.

Oh so you think game manager gets it done? I was thinking he's gonna need to actually make some plays. I kind of expect John Ford to open him up a bit tonight. 

But that's with me thinking S Pointe is coming in there to show up and show out. If Ford believes like you do that he can run run punt play defense and win, then maybe they do baby him 

19 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Even with no crowd those South Florida teams would cream you all GA guys

A GA team with a 30+ game win streak almost lost to a 7a team who will fall in regionals and has basically no secondary 

See if anyone else can get up on them 31-3. That makes any D fall asleep. 

BTrail is clearly better than you think. No secondary means nothing when you yourself can score a lot of points. Who are they going to fall in regionals to?

And you say to a 7A team... uh so? You mean the 2nd largest class in FL?... whilst the GA team was in the 4th largest class. 

Anything can be spun to say whatever you want it to.

39 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

See if anyone else can get up on them 31-3. That makes any D fall asleep. 

BTrail is clearly better than you think. No secondary means nothing when you yourself can score a lot of points. Who are they going to fall in regionals to?

And you say to a 7A team... uh so? You mean the 2nd largest class in FL?... whilst the GA team was in the 4th largest class. 

Anything can be spun to say whatever you want it to.

No secondary means nothing? 

Guess 61 points is a normal amount to give up in a playoff game 

15 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They did lose the next week to a team who got toppled at states 

Umm To a team that MADE THE 7A state championship game, yeah, they lost a one possession game. The same way they only beat BT by two after allowing 59 points  

Oh, okay. So every team in Florida 7A sucks but St Thomas Aquinas. Got it. 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Umm To a team that MADE THE 7A state championship game, yeah, they lost a one possession game. The same way they only beat BT by two after allowing 59 points  

Now you're going to pretend to know about football?

This is a classic "LMAOOOOO" moment.

37 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

More like no one is as deep as sta but rest of that sounds right