Miami Central vs Cedar Grove scrimmage

ECHS05

Who gives a shit about a damn preseason game? 

The main thing I take away is Cedar Grove is pretty damn good, and Miami Central better get their shit together before they play St Frances and the rest of their hard ass schedule. 

Grown ass men squabbling over a damn scrimmage on the sabbath!!!

Sounds like some posters are still in preseason form!! Lol 

Just now, Scottdale said:

Probably because they fear their team is still in preseason form.

Who cares? To each his own. Each team can take whatever they want from it and get better. The game didn’t count. It was a preseason game to get in game shape and game speed for the regular season. 

Im sure both teams liked some things and disliked some things. That’s football. 

Worry about Lovejoy ScottNut

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

What is there to worry about? Lovejoy has been in the playoffs consecutive years since 2010. Do you know something the coach or players do not? I did not think so. I think they will be in the playoffs for the 10 straight year. I worry not.

It’s easy to crack the top 4 against Mundys Mill, Mt Zion, Drew and Morrow. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

We are allowed to speak on Collins Hill now. They have never been worthy of being considered a Gwinnett team.

The difference is that I know Collins Hill sucks and doesn’t belong anywhere near a national discussion. You haven’t realized Lovejoy sucks and belongs nowhere near national discussions.  

That said, Collins Hill would beat Lovejoy. That’s pitiful, too. 

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

The thing is, how are any of us going to be able to vet the assertion that CG pulled its starters? Maybe they did. Or maybe that's BS. I watched one game where a coach said he planned to pull his starters in the 2nd half, yet the team's leading rusher from last season and most explosive player played throughout, getting 3 TDs himself during running clock time against 4th stringers. Sometimes, coaches and fans like to bullshit others to save face.

Okay... so I talked to one of cedar grove's best players (D1 guy), and he said that his head coach pulled the starters with 10:00 left in the 3rd quarter after they went up 25-13. I think that's more than enough proof to validate who really won the game.....the real game. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I communicated with a CG assistant this morning. Going into the game both sides knew in advance that CG would be playing its starters until early in the second half, while MC would be keeping their's in longer. 

He was very pleased that they were up 25-13 at half, and acknowledged that their backups got their asses handed to them in the second half. He went on to say that it was a great experience and it went exactly like they had hoped for. 

Thank you. It's just crazy how people wanna look at the final score and say how cedar grove got destroyed....without telling the full truth. I mean, it's a scrimmage game at the end of the day, but Miami Central got ran by Cedar Grove.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Thank you. It's just crazy how people wanna look at the final score and say how cedar grove got destroyed....without telling the full truth. I mean, it's a scrimmage game at the end of the day, but Miami Central got ran by Cedar Grove.

You can look at the highlights posted & see in the 2nd half, the D had already subbed in the backups.

And you dont see any CG offensive plays at all in the 2nd half... Which is probably a clue the 1st string O was out too.

That said, its a scrimmage. Teams arent necessarily trying to win that game... Just get better & work on weaknesses, not much we can take from it other than CG should again be the 3A title favorite. Id like to see a CG vs. Peach Co. rematch, that was a great game last year.

16 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Not at 57-51 since 10'.

3-8,        18'

6-5.        17'

2-8.        16'

7-6.        15'

7-6.         14'

11-2.      13'

6-5.        12'

4-7.        11'

11-4.      10'

Bring it jr.

Again when you play pathetic Clayton and Henry County teams over and over it’s easy to win games 

28 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

The difference is that I know Collins Hill sucks and doesn’t belong anywhere near a national discussion. You haven’t realized Lovejoy sucks and belongs nowhere near national discussions.  

That said, Collins Hill would beat Lovejoy. That’s pitiful, too. 

For the longest time I thought Collins Hill was up the road from Roswell.... 

Until about 3 years ago... Never realized they where Gwinnett until 2016.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You can look at the highlights posted & see in the 2nd half, the D had already subbed in the backups.

And you dont see any CG offensive plays at all in the 2nd half... Which is probably a clue the 1st string O was out too.

That said, its a scrimmage. Teams arent necessarily trying to win that game... Just get better & work on weaknesses, not much we can take from it other than CG should again be the 3A title favorite. Id like to see a CG vs. Peach Co. rematch, that was a great game last year.

Yeah this is Peach County's year to win it all.....especially with what they're workin with. As for cedar grove, for them to go down there and do what they did speaks volume for their program. If they can get through their little oos gauntlet umblemished, we're looking at a national power coming into existence. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Okay... so I talked to one of cedar grove's best players (D1 guy), and he said that his head coach pulled the starters with 10:00 left in the 3rd quarter after they went up 25-13. I think that's more than enough proof to validate who really won the game.....the real game. 

Well, I talked to a guy that said they kept their best players in until they realized they would lose. So, I think that's proof they played their best.

See how easy that is?

12 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Well, I talked to a guy that said they kept their best players in until they realized they would lose. So, I think that's proof they played their best.

See how easy that is?

Look at the highlights of the game. They took their starters out after they scored 25.

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So now they took their starters out in the first half?    Can't make this up. 

Youre just being defensive now. They took them out in the early 2nd half.

CG scored 25 right before the half. If you watch the highlights, the defensive players for CG change after the score hits 25-13, and there are 0 highlights of CG after they hit 25... Speaks to a change there too. Unless you think MC just all the sudden completely shut down CG the rest of the game.

In the end, none of this matters anyway... The game didnt count.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Youre just being defensive now. They took them out in the early 2nd half.

CG scored 25 right before the half. If you watch the highlights, the defensive players for CG change after the score hits 25-13, and there are 0 highlights of CG after they hit 25... Speaks to a change there too. Unless you think MC just all the sudden completely shut down CG the rest of the game.

In the end, none of this matters anyway... The game didnt count.

No I'm just laughing because none of us actually saw the game.