Miami Central vs Cedar Grove scrimmage

ECHS05

45 minutes ago, 954gator said:

honestly I've never heard of a Kickoff classic with no QB contact allowed.    Normally KOC are like a regular game.   Teams might not show everything, but still. 

I think Colquitt requested it be run like a scrimmage with no QB contact and Columbia agreed. 

Preseason games in Florida are played like real games 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

41-25 MC. Final. Not sure what Cedar Grove has as far as competition, but they have a damn good team with a lot of country beef. Best of luck to them this season. 

Longtime lurker... First time poster... 

Cedar Grove pulled almost all of their starters when it was 25-20. They played it like a Georgia scrimmage (played the starters for the first half and a few drives in the 2nd half). Central kept their main guys in for most of the game, which I assume is how it is done in Florida. (MC went to backups late in the 4th). I think both coaches made the decision they thought was best for their squad. It made for some ugly football when the MC starters were beating on the CG backups, but it was a well-fought game with a lot of early season miscues, as you might expect. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, ZRATL82 said:

Cedar Grove pulled almost all of their starters when it was 25-20. They played it like a Georgia scrimmage (played the starters for the first half and a few drives in the 2nd half). Central kept their main guys in for most of the game, which I assume is how it is done in Florida. (MC went to backups late in the 4th). I think both coaches made the decision they thought was best for their squad. It made for some ugly football when the MC starters were beating on the CG backups, but it was a well-fought game with a lot of early season miscues, as you might expect. 

Welcome to the board

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Looked like Parkview and NG did the same.

Gotcha.I just thought It was a little strange that the rules were adjusted for the columbia/colquitt game when cedar grove/miami central played it like a real game......until I found out that cedar grove pulled most of their starters in the 3rd quarter. 

26 minutes ago, ZRATL82 said:

So in other words, cedar grove won the "real" game?

16 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So in other words, cedar grove won the "real" game?

That's certainly how they'll spin it.

The bottom line is if you're going to travel a long distance and play a "name" opponent in a kickoff classic then you should be willing to accept whatever outcome.

If you're going to pull your starters at halftime when you lose by 16 then play a walkover opponent like Lovejoy.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

That's certainly how they'll spin it.

The bottom line is if you're going to travel a long distance and play a "name" opponent in a kickoff classic then you should be willing to accept whatever outcome.

If you're going to pull your starters at halftime when you lose by 16 then play a walkover opponent like Lovejoy.

Does it really mean much if you pull your starters after a certain point tho? If one team was winning with the varsity players and ended up losing at the end (due to early exits), does that really say much about the team that "lost" ?

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Does it really mean much if you pull your starters after a certain point tho? If one team was winning with the varsity players and ended up losing at the end (due to early exits), does that really say much about the team that "lost" ?

It says that they made a stupid decision to travel all that way just to play a half and then complain when they lose.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

41-25 MC. Final. Not sure what Cedar Grove has as far as competition, but they have a damn good team with a lot of country beef. Best of luck to them this season. 

They play Valor Christian CO & Central (Phenix City) AL in OOS games. #1 team in CO & #1 team in AL. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

List: Schools with at least 70 victories this decade

Class AAAAAA 

Tucker (102-20-0) 83.61% 

Northside, W.R. (97-21-0) 82.20% 

Allatoona (88-26-0) 77.19% 

Lee County (79-28-0) 73.83% 

Glynn Academy (79-33-0) 70.54% 

Mays (78-30-0) 72.22% 

Lovejoy (78-31-0) 71.56% 

Stephenson (77-27-0) 74.04% 

Valdosta (75-34-0) 68.81% 

Gainesville (75-38-0) 66.37% 

Dalton (71-32-0) 68.93% 

Alpharetta (70-32-0) 68.63

You don't validate anything.

And?

Lovejoy sucks and I used them for a reason.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

And as I said,

You don't validate anything...........except your team is no good.

PS. .......Show and tell. Be a man. quantify your statement, since you used them with reason..

What the hell are you talking about?

Lovejoy sucks. I wanted to needle a Lovejoy fan. I used their name.

Somehow you think that winning 70 games in a decade is meaningful in some way.

Get a clue, turd.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

What the hell are you talking about?

Lovejoy sucks. I wanted to needle a Lovejoy fan. I used their name.

Somehow you think that winning 70 games in a decade is meaningful in some way.

Get a clue, turd.

Canes.  This was a good post....up until the last word.   Let's see if we can clean this up moving forward

10 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

The thing is, how are any of us going to be able to vet the assertion that CG pulled its starters? Maybe they did. Or maybe that's BS. I watched one game where a coach said he planned to pull his starters in the 2nd half, yet the team's leading rusher from last season and most explosive player played throughout, getting 3 TDs himself during running clock time against 4th stringers. Sometimes, coaches and fans like to bullshit others to save face.