Alumbaugh speaks on DLS

Ararar

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

If the lazy polls would just stop ranking them already, we could all move on.

Or if Folsom would go play a more challenging schedule.  I want them to play and win OOS games against teams outside of Idaho.  I want them to beat Trinity league teams.  I actually would like to see Folsom, or any other Norcal team not named DLS, make such a statement.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

If the lazy polls would just stop ranking them already, we could all move on.

If Folsom was from Socal you’d be singing a different tune. They’d be top 5 in SoCal consistently and you’d be screaming from a mountain how good they are, especially if they were in the TL. 

At the end of the day you’re just a Socal homer who doesn’t think NorCal teams are good. Your face turns red whenever you see a poll with Folsom’s name. 

I’ve been following the national forums for many years and well before I decided to post you’ve always hated on them. I’m talking a solid 6 seasons in a row. Folsom could beat DLS this season and play MD close in the open and you’d still put them in your tier 3. 

Maybe one day when Servite is relevant again you’ll shift your focus back. Until then... haters gon hate 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I like your answers but whoever you were responding to doesn’t know much about either team.

You’re right. Block is Folsom’s team helmet polisher, towel boy and fluffer. “Go Dawgs, who needs their back dried?” Is his battle cry!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

If Folsom was from Socal you’d be singing a different tune. They’d be top 5 in SoCal consistently and you’d be screaming from a mountain how good they are, especially if they were in the TL. 

At the end of the day you’re just a Socal homer who doesn’t think NorCal teams are good. Your face turns red whenever you see a poll with Folsom’s name. 

I’ve been following the national forums for many years and well before I decided to post you’ve always hated on them. I’m talking a solid 6 seasons in a row. Folsom could beat DLS this season and play MD close in the open and you’d still put them in your tier 3. 

Maybe one day when Servite is relevant again you’ll shift your focus back. Until then... haters gon hate 

Do you feel better now?

11 hours ago, Rippers said:

Or if Folsom would go play a more challenging schedule.  I want them to play and win OOS games against teams outside of Idaho.  I want them to beat Trinity league teams.  I actually would like to see Folsom, or any other Norcal team not named DLS, make such a statement.

Well, I don't know that the program is quite this developed, but Menlo-Atherton from the CCS somehow managed to get a game with East from Utah.  Last year, they played Valor Christian.  Pitt has played Corona Centennial and LB Poly.  Amazing that Folsom can't do something similar.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Well, I don't know that the program is quite this developed, but Menlo-Atherton from the CCS somehow managed to get a game with East from Utah.  Last year, they played Valor Christian.  Pitt has played Corona Centennial and LB Poly.  Amazing that Folsom can't do something similar.

Folsom is playing DLS this year. DLS just may knock off the #1 team in the country tomorrow. 

Sure, they could schedule another game, possibly an OOS game. But someone would have to agree to play them as well. We don't know all the details. Also, Folsom plays in one of the toughest leagues in all of CA. 

All in all- still not a slouch schedule. 

• Thumbs Down 1

46 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Do you mean sort of like how California HS and Grant HS managed to travel to WA. to play Bellevue. Or how St. Mary's in Stockton, did a home and home with Mater Dei a fews back. I agree, it is amazing that Folsom can't get an oos game or schedule a S. Ca. team when other schools can. 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Do you mean sort of like how California HS and Grant HS managed to travel to WA. to play Bellevue. Or how St. Mary's in Stockton, did a home and home with Mater Dei a fews back. I agree, it is amazing that Folsom can't get an oos game or schedule a S. Ca. team when other schools can. 🙄 

They played DLS AWAY last year and Chaminade (SoCal) AWAY last year. 

DLS was a two year contract. 

When you are the champ, teams travel to you. You don't need to travel to them. Although Folsom has still traveled as of the last few years. Also- in 2014 (Brownings final season), they traveled to San Diego to play CC. 

43 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

They played DLS AWAY last year and Chaminade (SoCal) AWAY last year. 

DLS was a two year contract. 

When you are the champ, teams travel to you. You don't need to travel to them. Although Folsom has still traveled as of the last few years. Also- in 2014 (Brownings final season), they traveled to San Diego to play CC. 

Congrats. your big non league win last year was against a 4-7 team. That's awesome! 

When you are the champs you should fear no one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The "great" 2010 team smoked Grant in the section final, going on to beat nationally ranked Serra, who everyone said would own Folsom. Folsom managed to throttle that SoCal "elite" team. 

I think SoCal is what? 0-6 against Folsom.

CC- twice

Chaminade- once

Serra- once

Oceanside-once

Helix- once

By the way- ALL games held in Southern CA, except one that was held at Sac State. When is a SoCal "elite" team coming up the play on the blue turf? So far, DLS has been the only taker. Gotta give it to em. 

6 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Also dropped 80 on a team, non league, and away, that smoked a Buchanan team that your team struggled with. 

It all depends on your outlook. 

My outlook is:

Folsom 0

DLS 14

Eventhou someone tried to convince me it was going to be Folsom by 17.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Nah it's not Sammy. Its mos def block. Same stuff he posts on the NorCal board.

I would be surprised if it was Sammy BUT I honestly don't think Block is a Folsom fan. It's got to be someone who wants to hurt the program's rep on this board and the local one. I know 99% of fans don't even read message boards but there are some die hards on this board and he literally makes individuals hate the program who otherwise wouldn't. It's frustrating as a fan of the program. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Place your seats in the upright position and your stow your tray tables in the locked position. We are on final approach!!

I'll be at Rocco's at 3:00p 

At the Double-O by 5:00p for good seats

Sound like a plan? 

Who's in? I'll need an estimate so I can save tables. I'm guessing it'll be full soon enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Place your seats in the upright position and put your stow your tray tables. We are on final approach!!

I'll be at Rocco's at 3:00p 

At the Double-O by 5:00p for good seats

Sound like a plan? 

Who's in? I'll need an estimate so I can save tables. I'm guessing it'll be full soon enough.

Please remember the secret code when approaching a suspected member of the boards. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I would be surprised if it was Sammy BUT I honestly don't think Block is a Folsom fan. It's got to be someone who wants to hurt the program's rep on this board and the local one. I know 99% of fans don't even read message boards but there are some die hards on this board and he literally makes individuals hate the program who otherwise wouldn't. It's frustrating as a fan of the program. 

Just own him already.