Alumbaugh speaks on DLS

Ararar

On 8/21/2019 at 1:18 PM, PrepGridiron said:

did I mention I dislike watching TV games live

What's funny to me is I still remember our conversation on this very topic at the Lakeland game, and how what we were seeing on the field was going to translate on TV.  And here it is 10 years later, and there are still new threads that pop up about that game, highlighting the differences between the field view and the TV view...

Damn I'm not happy about not being there tonight...is it wrong to root for more TV timeouts to have a chance to catch the end (provided it's still in doubt of course)?

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

What's funny to me is I still remember our conversation on this very topic at the Lakeland game, and how what we were seeing on the field was going to translate on TV.  And here it is 10 years later, and there are still new threads that pop up about that game, highlighting the differences between the field view and the TV view...

Damn I'm not happy about not being there tonight...is it wrong to root for more TV timeouts to have a chance to catch the end (provided it's still in doubt of course)?

It's flat out wrong that you're missing this game. Didn't you know WAY beforehand that the earth stops revolving this day!?🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Three letters for you...

D

V

R

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

That's because you are no mark.  Going to any games tonight down there?

Considering CC/MD.  My brother and sister-in-law are visiting, so it may be a DVR football marathon.  I'm working in San Jose next week, so I'm going to St. Francis/Corona del Mar.

I'll be in Florida for two weeks in September, so I may be able to see St. Thomas Aquinas play Carol City.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

It's flat out wrong that you're missing this game. Didn't you know WAY beforehand that the earth stops revolving this day!?🤣

Brother, you are so right, and it's worse than you know.

I finished my part this morning.  And now I'm sitting in a big conference room, stabbing myself with a Parker T-Ball Jotter, blood trickling down my thigh, just to make sure I'm still alive and can feign interest in what others are saying while really all I'm thinking about is the game...

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Considering CC/MD.  My brother and sister-in-law are visiting, so it may be a DVR football marathon.  I'm working in San Jose next week, so I'm going to St. Francis/Corona del Mar.

I'll be in Florida for two weeks in September, so I may be able to see St. Thomas Aquinas play Carol City.

Hit me up and I can meet you at the SF/CDM game.  I love going to SF games.  They do it up nice and have a cool ass stadium.  Doesn't hurt that they have what could be the largest endowment thanks to a donation of a ton of PRE-IPO stock.  Made tens of millions off that alone. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, Cal 14 said:

Well, I don't know that the program is quite this developed, but Menlo-Atherton from the CCS somehow managed to get a game with East from Utah.  Last year, they played Valor Christian.  Pitt has played Corona Centennial and LB Poly.  Amazing that Folsom can't do something similar.

It’s because Folsom’s coaching staffs have been and are a bunch pussies who are more interested in running up scores on lesser teams and playing in a state title game even if at a lower level. I actually picture them just like Block, a bunch of major dweebs all running around chanting “we’re #1 and we want another parade”.....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

It’s because Folsom’s coaching staffs have been and are a bunch pussies

Wow. How classy for someone rockin a DLS handle

4 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

more interested in running up scores on lesser teams

Scored 80 on a Central team that whooped Buchanan last year. A team you struggled with. It could have been 100-- especially against Chaminade. 

21 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Hit me up and I can meet you at the SF/CDM game.  I love going to SF games.  They do it up nice and have a cool ass stadium.  Doesn't hurt that they have what could be the largest endowment thanks to a donation of a ton of PRE-IPO stock.  Made tens of millions off that alone. 

Yeah, dude, that would be awesome.  NorCalSportsFan said he might be able to make it as well.

Kinda interesting... I live about 5 minutes from Newport Beach and both of its schools will be playing in NorCal next weekend (Aptos hosts Newport Harbor).  Should be interesting games.  I see a split with Aptos winning, but St. Francis losing to Corona del Mar.

I'll send you an IM with my info.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Yeah, dude, that would be awesome.  NorCalSportsFan said he might be able to make it as well.

Kinda interesting... I live about 5 minutes from Newport Beach and both of its schools will be playing in NorCal next weekend (Aptos hosts Newport Harbor).  Should be interesting games.  I see a split with Aptos winning, but St. Francis losing to Corona del Mar.

I'll send you an IM with my info.

Got it and replied with my info.  Looking forward to it.  I just don't want to hear Norcalsportsfan talk all night about Palma. Lol. I kid I kid

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Hope they fix this... perfect timing huh.  🤨8550E4CF-D418-401D-BDA0-0C090E923D08.thumb.png.c54fea2a167222c03abf1684c588520b.png

I can record once the broadcast begins... I just have to remind myself to turn on the earlier tilt in SC.   

Nice slate tomorrow with SFA at MC getting ESPN at noon top billing.    Annually I check the opening weekend ratings and without a doubt the ESPN at noon game will be the top rated hs game on the ESPN 3 stations by a wide margin.    

STA-DLS and and DFB-CC drew the short straws with ESPNU being the weakest in ratings of the 3.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I can record once the broadcast begins... I just have to remind myself to turn on the earlier tilt in SC.   

Nice slate tomorrow with SFA at MC getting ESPN at noon top billing.    Annually I check the opening weekend ratings and without a doubt the ESPN at noon game will be the top rated hs game on the ESPN 3 stations by a wide margin.    

STA-DLS and and DFB-CC drew the short straws with ESPNU being the weakest in ratings of the 3.  

STA/DLS is by far the biggest game going on this weekend.  They are both the premiere storied teams from their respective coasts.  I would say the Friday night are the marquee games.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Crazy the swing in odds- Started off at -14.5 DLS and is now down to like -2.5, 

Anybody who knows anything about HSFB knew from the get, that was a ridiculous line and of course started putting money on STA.  In reality, DLS should realistically be a 10+ dog in this game.  STA is just way to loaded with D1 talent.  DLS has maybe 2 guys with small school offers.  If DLS wins, STA should just forfeit the rest of the season. Lol

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

STA/DLS is by far the biggest game going on this weekend.  They are both the premiere storied teams from their respective coasts.  I would say the Friday night are the marquee games.

ESPN at noon on Saturday will generate the biggest viewing audience and it won't be close.   It's been the same pattern for years and I don't see it changing.   The teams are pretty much irrelevant... it's the channel and time slot.  

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Anybody who knows anything about HSFB knew from the get, that was a ridiculous line and of course started putting money on STA.  In reality, DLS should realistically be a 10+ dog in this game.  STA is just way to loaded with D1 talent.  DLS has maybe 2 guys with small school offers.  If DLS wins, STA should just forfeit the rest of the season. Lol

2011 Cooper City won at STA without a single FBS recruit on the field.    2019 DLS is ranked in the top 5 in Cali and top 25 in the nation.