Mater Dei v. Corona Centennial (42-12 F)

dntn31

44 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Cen10 has a pretty decent non-league schedule. It will be interesting to see how they fare the next 4 games:

vs. Orange Lutheran

@ Cathedral Catholic (San Diego)

vs. LIberty (NV)

@ Long Beach Poly

They’ll be fine.  MD is just at another level along with SJB.  Logan might have a tough decision on his hands though.  Retzlaff looked pretty good compared to the other QB’s.

Despite that CC got whacked, there were some bright spots.  They got some good play from the LB position #44, and sophomore CB #8 had a nice pick and some good hard tackles.  The MD receivers made good catches in pretty tight coverage so I’m thinking the secondary will be okay.  The hardest hit of the game was safety Charles Simms laying out Cody Epps on a wide receiver screen.  It took sometimes 4 or more MD defenders to bring Nick Floyd down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Despite that CC got whacked, there were some bright spots.  They got some good play from the LB position #44, and sophomore CB #8 had a nice pick and some good hard tackles.  The MD receivers made good catches in pretty tight coverage so I’m thinking the secondary will be okay.  The hardest hit of the game was safety Charles Simms laying out Cody Epps on a wide receiver screen.  It took sometimes 4 or more MD defenders to bring Nick Floyd down.

Disappointing outcome.  Cen10 getting beat like the bottom 4 TL teams have been getting beat.

Ufortunately The Pollsters are going to kill Cen10 in the rankings and put them behind small market teams who won their opener 69-3.

SJB and MD are the only teams that should be in the Open division.  Everyone else would have a really competitive playoff bracket.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB and MD are the only teams that should be in the Open division.  EVeryone else would have a really competitive playoff bracket.

Unfortunately that is the truth.  Big time talent discrepancy, depth, and good coaching will rule the day er night. Still, I would rather see Cen10 in the 8 team bracket come playoff time.  Maybe Folsom breaks through and gets to SBG game so they get to feel the pain of playing the best competition in the state.

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB and MD are the only teams that should be in the Open division.  Everyone else would have a really competitive playoff bracket.

Bingo! With this new playoff division of 8 team it really doesn’t matter who’s in it because it will always be MD and Bosco. It’s time to split public and private or just make the Open division 2 teams. If CC is your third best team and lost by 30+ points last season and this season CIF needs to look themselves in the mirror and be honest. Do you want MD and Bosco for the next 5+ years in the title game? Because if no changes are made that’s what will happen. I’ll tell you this I wouldn’t even be mad if Cen10 lost another game or two because that would probably mean they wouldn’t be in D1/Open. Go to D2 and get to play with teams that are similar to them not travel ball all star teams. 

#PublicSchoolLivesMatter

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Disappointing outcome.  Cen10 getting beat like the bottom 4 TL teams have been getting beat.

Ufortunately The Pollsters are going to kill Cen10 in the rankings and put them behind small market teams who won their opener 69-3.

Despite Cen10 playing tough opponent they just got bodied 42-12... 

I wanted Cen10 to win but hey..  what I want and what Happened are 2 different things. 

You don't seem to understand how any of this works Sammy... 

Yes Cen10 played a team tougher than 95% of HSFB opening week opponents. But they didn't win. Yes MD is an Excellent team to schedule but they didn't win... Cen10 didn't just lose they got buried... So of course they're gonna drop like a stone... 

You don't seem to grasp that a tough schedule doesn't mean squat if you're not winning any of the games... 

But this is Cen10s first game and they've got alot more solid opportunities to work their way back up... 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You don't seem to grasp that a tough schedule doesn't mean squat if you're not winning any of the games... 

Or even being competitive!!!!! Game was over in the 1st quarter! Despite this, these same trolls will continue to tout these teams based on playing each other in their own backyard! 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Despite Cen10 playing tough opponent they just got bodied 42-12... 

I wanted Cen10 to win but hey..  what I want and what Happened are 2 different things. 

You don't seem to understand how any of this works Sammy... 

Yes Cen10 played a team tougher than 95% of HSFB opening week opponents. But they didn't win. Yes MD is an Excellent team to schedule but they didn't win... Cen10 didn't just lose they got buried... So of course they're gonna drop like a stone... 

But this is Cen10s first game and they've got alot more solid opportunities to work their way back up... 

You lost me at 95%....smh

28 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I am just happy last night proved the #1 Public in CA resides in Folsom, CA 😎

You are such a simpleton.  Last night proved that MD is better than Cen10.  If Folsom can get to the SBG against MD and fare better, then you have an argument.  

Until then it’s business as usual; Folsom plays a weak schedule, loses to the only good opponent they have on it, and you continue to speculate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

You are such a simpleton.  Last night proved that MD is better than Cen10.  If Folsom can get to the SBG against MD and fare better, then you have an argument.  

Until then it’s business as usual; Folsom plays a weak schedule, loses to the only good opponent they have on it, and you continue to speculate. 

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Last night proved that MD is better than Cen10.  If Folsom can get to the SBG against MD and fare better, then you have an argument. 

Get with it. Didn't you know that Folsom's biggest accomplishment is a DLS loss to some other team?

• Haha 4

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

Uh no. If Folsom manages to beat DLS they are going to lose to MD in similar fashion that C10 did. Folsom’s lines are way too small. God you’re an idiot.

If you are looking at MD, then you are an idiot. They are an anomaly, filled with transfer kids from all over SoCal. They shouldn't even be allowed to play regular HS teams.

I am concerned with beating DLS and becoming the #1 team in NorCal and #1 Public in CA/America. 

Keep your eyes on the prize and stop trying to pander to a random group of 5 dudes on the Internet who have no lives. Move on.