SFA 49 vs MC 13 F

HSFBfan

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

After last night's sloppy debacle, yes we do!!

STA travels across the country and wins on De La Salle's home field with a soph QB making his first start...and it's deemed a "sloppy debacle". This is why no public school should ever spend a dime to play OOS. It's pointless. People-the same ones begging the team to play in the first place- will ALWAYS find a way to discredit or slam what you do. It's a waste of money.'

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

To be fair St Frances has no facilities to mention or advantages in training. Yeah poggi buys the players, houses them in baltimore  city town homes and feeds them.  They may have access to a gym but I don’t know. But they certainly have nothing close to what IMG offers

I believe SFA has a kid who played for Kissimmee (Fla) Osceola last year. I guess Kissimmee is pretty much the same neighborhood as Biff ostensibly aims to support. Right? Or might it be that some poor kid that lives a couple blocks away from SFA and busts his to get better at football, but just isn't as good as the kid from Florida, is left on the outside of the supposedly great opportunity at SFA?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abbatt said:

SFA plays Chicago Simeon next....It`s so stacked against Simeon....SFA had pre-season scrimmages and one game played...Simeon has had neither. They have a roster half the size of SFA....their OF line is huge but SFA is huge with depth. If Simeon stays with-in 5Td`s it`s a victory for a neighborhood inner city School.

Yea... unless they want to give their kids the experience of seeing DC, I don't get the reason for this game. Last years Simeon team would have been interesting but this edition is in way over their heads. I get that Simeon has a respectable OOS record but I have to agree with you on all counts. This will be worse than the old Prep Bowls.

As an aside... I'm glad you are still posting. This board is much better with you active.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

STA travels across the country and wins on De La Salle's home field with a soph QB making his first start...and it's deemed a "sloppy debacle". This is why no public school should ever spend a dime to play OOS. It's pointless. People-the same ones begging the team to play in the first place- will ALWAYS find a way to discredit or slam what you do. It's a waste of money.'

You know the routine... every team's good and bad is magnified on national TV on this forum and STA is sort of like Darth Vader on this forum or Voldemort.   

• Like 1

Gospeeder,

Thank-you.......I am practicing the Art of selective posting.....pure ZEN !!!!

I am not sure if more than a few teams.......MD...SJB... North Shore...Duncanville...maybe St.John`s ....IMG would have a chance against St.Francis. I know that it`s only one game that we are responding to...but with their depth..size ..speed...talent  ..coaching ..they can absorb laser blasts from really good teams and still win. It seems that they are built to play any type of game.....DEF struggle...shootout...and still win comfortably. Simeon is not going to be intimidated......but they just don`t have the depth to have a chance. They actually have the potential to be better this year than last...their starting OF line is huge...the problem is that while they have 6-7 monsters...SFA has about 25. Well at least they will know that they won`t face anyone even close to SFA for the rest of the year.In fact their next game is against Southfield Christian MI... Simeon will seem like SFA to that team.

4 hours ago, abbatt said:

Gospeeder,

I am not sure if more than a few teams.......MD...SJB... North Shore...Duncanville...maybe St.John`s ....IMG would have a chance against St.Francis. I know that it`s only one game that we are responding to...but with their depth..size ..speed...talent  ..coaching ..they can absorb laser blasts from really good teams and still win. It seems that they are built to play any type of game.....DEF struggle...shootout...and still win comfortably. Simeon is not going to be intimidated......but they just don`t have the depth to have a chance. They actually have the potential to be better this year than last...their starting OF line is huge...the problem is that while they have 6-7 monsters...SFA has about 25. Well at least they will know that they won`t face anyone even close to SFA for the rest of the year.In fact their next game is against Southfield Christian MI... Simeon will seem like SFA to that team.

The Stache will handle business vs. SFA.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I love D'ville!!! Already working with them on another high-profile OOS game in 2020. Hope to meet you on 9/14! 

You love ppl that show you attention, obviously.  

The ones that don’t, you like to air “dirty” laundry and are quick to get on message boards and throw them under the bus, or at least try too.

I, for one, hope all UIL schools turn their backs on these recruited up all star teams that are ruining high school football.  

Wish I could make it on 9/14, but won’t be there.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FloTex said:

The ones that don’t, you like to air “dirty” laundry and are quick to get on message boards and throw them under the bus, or at least try too.

I, for one, hope all UIL schools turn their backs on these recruited up all star teams that are ruining high school football.  

Unfortunately the future of HS football is the recruited up teams. They get the attention. They get the money 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Yeah texas turned their backs so much they let Bishop Gorman into the state

They want the money and the exposure 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I love D'ville!!! Already working with them on another high-profile OOS game in 2020. Hope to meet you on 9/14! 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

It will go away soon.  Not enough people care.  The money going out is more than what’s coming in

Hs football in texas is huge and everyone knows it. People go. And if you bring in big teams they go even more and when espn picks u up it's even more money 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Yeah texas turned their backs so much they let Bishop Gorman into the state

They want the money and the exposure 

And they haven’t been back sense.  Actually, BG looks a little better than the team little ol Gilmer beat by 40 pts, rather than the High school JUCO that beat Cedar Hill.  I guess they need to step up their recruiting game.

Piss on feeder systems and home grown talent when you can build a roster with kids from other programs.

I guess some ppl are ok with that.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So letting our community know that Allen canceled on Milton GA to play lowly Dickinson TX (guaranteed win) instead is airing dirty laundry? Call it what you like. I call it facts. 

And one of the top programs in TX, probably all of them, will just hang up the phone.  No business from the premier high school football state.

I guess the TAPPs route is avalible.

59 minutes ago, FloTex said:

And they haven’t been back sense.  Actually, BG looks a little better than the team little ol Gilmer beat by 40 pts, rather than the High school JUCO that beat Cedar Hill.  I guess they need to step up their recruiting game.

Piss on feeder systems and home grown talent when you can build a roster with kids from other programs.

I guess some ppl are ok with that.

U have to be ok with it. It's the way of hs football

Hs basketball started it. The only programs that matter in hs basketball are the recruited up ones 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

U have to be ok with it. It's the way of hs football

Hs basketball started it. The only programs that matter in hs basketball are the recruited up ones 

You don’t have to be ok with it.  I think it’s trash.

They play by different sets of rules! They wanna puff their chest out when they take players from other teams, then turn around and beat those teams.

Nothing impressive at all about that.

3 minutes ago, FloTex said:

You don’t have to be ok with it.  I think it’s trash.

They play by different sets of rules! They wanna puff their chest out when they take players from other teams, then turn around and beat those teams.

Nothing impressive at all about that.

That's fine and dandy and honestly I had that attitude and I still do for some programs but it's becoming more and more common were the neighborhood teams are losing out to the recruited up schools. I feel the way u do about IMG. I will never support nor like that program 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So letting our community know that Allen canceled on Milton GA to play lowly Dickinson TX (guaranteed win) instead is airing dirty laundry? Call it what you like. I call it facts. 

Dickinson (#13 in 6A)  is not lowly nor a guaranteed win for this season’s team. 

On 8/24/2019 at 5:37 PM, abbatt said:

Gospeeder,

Abbatt,

Did the SFA  Simeon game get cancelled or rescheduled?