Florida guys how good is Cocoa.

HooverOutlaw

Cocoa looked pretty sloppy but got it done.  For me the eye test doesn't have a baseline to judge it on.  If I knew how good Viera was going to be I would have something to go on.  Cocoa should be better than last year.  Being a small team they have a deficit of fresh legs and that is usually their downfall when they play large teams.  with 1/2 the team playing both ways they get gassed.  I just checked MAXPREPS and they have 66 this year.  That's like 2x the usual.  I hope the game is streamed this weekend.  

If both teams are at their usual level that got them their reputation then Hoover should roll easy. 

Didnt Hoover just beat the number 1 team in Bama? 

There is a disparity in these teams. Hoover is national, and Cocoa is regional. Cocoa carries a 2A type roster meaning no matter how many skill guys they have, they alway have problems with depth. They don’t play teams with 100 man rosters in Florida. 

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Thanks

Although small, Cocoa did have a number of transfers over the spring/summer. Viera seems, from a distance, to be a decent team, so I would not hold the Cocoa margin of victory against them. 

Hover should be favored on neutral territory, but it could end up being a decent game. 

49 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hoover rolls big time. The same with Lowndes over Champagnat. These tiny rosters won’t cut it. They have a pretty solid 1st quarter roster. Lol. 

But they start to get gassed trying to tackle some 220 pound running back in the second half. It ain’t gonna cut it. 

Hoover wins 45-17

that's what I was saying.  For the first time that I can remember Cocoa lists 66 on the roster.....  Hoover lists 186 :-0