OT:Kim Jong-Un ‘orders IMMEDIATE EVACUATION of Pyongyang’

noonereal

Just now, 181pl said:

I somewhat disagree with this. This lunatic can't feed his population. They will turn on him if given a viable option 

No, no, no, no, no! 

I promise you, this would not occur. 

I respect your opinion but this is not really debatable. I can't offer a full lesson on mass psychology and the effects lifetime beliefs that are generation passed have on a population but service it to say, these people will not rise up against their leader, their God.

It would be like expecting the most religious you know to rise up against their faith but even less likely because the hardships the N Koreans endure are caused by us (weather valid or not). 

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

A neighborhood boy, one who swam on the neighborhood swim team in the summer, and went to the neighborhood school, and ran with all the other neighborhood kids, ended up a marine about 10 years ago.

He lost both his legs. Then, after being at the VA hospital for about a year, he took his own life.

There are too many similar stories for anyone sitting on a cushy sofa to be yelling "Attack!" right now, whether it be Syria or Afghanistan or Korea or Russia or Mexico. And certainly not all at once. We bring a lot of shit on ourselves.

Damn I hate hearing this. So sorry that no one was able to help him. Number one concern the VA should have is getting these kids the mental help they need. Hell not just the VA our nation should be concerned. with this, but like with so much else. If it does not effect my daily life why should I care?

• Like 2

Never posted pictures of self. But to give some Credence that I am that I say I am.  Here is a picture of me and the other Sr. DI's of Delta Company 1997. I am the SDI 1st from the right.  Squared ass way USMC Drill Instructors,  That big ass warrior 1st from the Left SSgt Mass How appropriate a name.  Bad ass Marine Tanker

SR DI'S.jpg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Warrior did you ever see the movie Gardens of Stone.  It is about Army Dogs the old Guard in D.C. A squared away ceremonial Infantry unit.  And a young hard charging Sergeant wanted out so he could go fight in Vietnam.  And the old 1stSgt was telling him about NAM and the Sergeant said I heard of a helicopter returning from a Mission with an Arrow lodged in it those people are fighting with arrows and the 1st Shirt said how the hell are you gonna defeat a people who will fight a Helicopter with a bow.

Those people were a Vietnamese tribe called the Montagnards who the SF later befriended.  You are right hate will drive your enemy to fight like hell

I will watch this movie thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Never posted pictures of self. But to give some Credence that I am that I say I am.  Here is a picture of me and the other Sr. DI's of Alpha Company 1997. I am the SDI 1st from the right.

SR DI'S.jpg

Never doubted for a min GySgt. Ill tell you the 4th from the right looks like one of my Di's. Drill Instructor SSGT  Munger. I still know everyone of their names after almost 30 yrs.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bro how do you beat an enemy that would just as soon eat you then surrender to you? They will find food, even if it is their dead. I don't think you understand the hatred they have for America. If beating them was so easy we would have done it the first time.

We beat the Empire of Japan and Nazi Germany into unconditional surrender. Don't underestimate our military.

BUT, we don't need to do this.We only need to remove their nuclear threat. This is done with air strikes. Also, if we don't want them projecting power, cripple their Navy and bomb the F out of their Air Force. 

HOWEVER, none of this is going to come to that. Cooler heads should prevail. Again, I think Beijing ultimately handles this for us.

• Like 2

Just now, thc6795 said:

Never doubted for a min GySgt. Ill tell you the 4th from the right looks like one of my Di's. Drill Instructor SSGT  Munger. I still know everyone of their names after almost 30 yrs.

The two inboard Marines are both Series Chief DI's. He was my series chief and intense as Hell every damn day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 181pl said:

We beat the Empire of Japan and Nazi Germany into unconditional surrender. Don't underestimate our military.

BUT, we don't need to do this.We only need to remove their nuclear threat. This is done with air strikes. Also, if we don't want them projecting power, cripple their Navy and bomb the F out of their Air Force. 

HOWEVER, none of this is going to come to that. Cooler heads should prevail. Again, I think Beijing ultimately handles this for us.

We can agree on this one sir.  They are a threat to many not just us and many need to bring the brunt down on them.  Hopefully without any warfare being conducted.  They are lost people with a lunatic leader.

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

The two inboard Marines are both Series Chief DI's. He was my series chief and intense as Hell every damn day.

You all were intense every damn day. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was the 1st recruit in our company to get bent. All because this little bastard was crying and I tried to tell him it was going to be ok. The DI asked me who the frick said I could speak? It was on from there.

Just now, thc6795 said:

You all were intense every damn day. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was the 1st recruit in our company to get bent. All because this little bastard was crying and I tried to tell him it was going to be ok. The DI asked me who the frick said I could speak? It was on from there.

I still have my IT card in my DI hat in my Bedroom. LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

This is the range flag my recruits drew of me.  Notice the Angel of Death is submitting his staff and the other Platoons are impaled in the background. Hangs in my I LOVE ME ROOM at home. 9_9   I only left it up for a moment sir.

Pretty cool article on DI's

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/10/29/11-secrets-marine-drill-instructors-hide-boot-camp/74686632/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Damn I hate hearing this. So sorry that no one was able to help him. Number one concern the VA should have is getting these kids the mental help they need. Hell not just the VA our nation should be concerned. with this, but like with so much else. If it does not effect my daily life why should I care?

Thc, you should be careful, your starting to talk like a liberal.?  

Keep it up. ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Never posted pictures of self. But to give some Credence that I am that I say I am.  Here is a picture of me and the other Sr. DI's of Delta Company 1997. I am the SDI 1st from the right.  Squared ass way USMC Drill Instructors,  That big ass warrior 1st from the Left SSgt Mass How appropriate a name.  Bad ass Marine Tanker

SR DI'S.jpg

STA261.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Straight warriors right there.

Fall. 1981. Taken a day before heading out on my 4th mission to Columbia to keep tabs on Pablo and Co., and to FUBAR his outlying operations. This was more of President Reagans "dont ask, dont tell" war on drugs missions.

I'm seated. The guy behind me with the M16 pointed at that Cpl.'s head, was a DEA operative assigned to train with me/us at Camp LeJeune/Camp Geiger/New River. He wanted go home after the first training day. He had never spent that much time belly crawling and in and out of water, in a 24 hour period. Ok guy...just not FR-S/S material, mentally or physically.

The other 5 are my 2nd FR/SS brothers. Best in the business IMO.

Not a bragging point, just part of my former life I loved at that age.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Fall. 1981. Taken a day before heading out on my 4th mission to Columbia to keep tabs on Pablo and Co., and to FUBAR his outlying operations. This was more of President Reagans "dont ask, dont tell" war on drugs missions.

I'm seated. The guy behind me with the M16 pointed at that Cpl.'s head, was a DEA operative assigned to train with me/us at Camp LeJeune/Camp Geiger/New River. He wanted go home after the first training day. He had never spent that much time belly crawling and in and out of water, in a 24 hour period. Ok guy...just not FR-S/S material, mentally or physically.

Good shit Rockinl,

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Ghillie Suit killers. 9_9

• Like 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

Ghillie Suit killers. 9_9

Hated them. Mainly wore them on "open field" type tactics. Still have bad dreams about laying on the side of a hill at 64 area (Talega) in 100 degree heat for hours in a damn Gsuit. Also had to be careful around things like smoke grenades. Damn burlap would burn like cotton. They have been fire resistant for years now.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 1:55 PM, DevilDog said:

SR DI'S.jpg

Outstanding.

From the right??  I had you pictured much shorter. Oh, you mean MY right.  Hhahaaha

Here's what blew my mind. My wife and I were in San Diego 4 years ago. Spent most of the Friday morning inside MCRD and RTR. In no way do I remember Drill Instructors being THAT young. LOL. Damn!

First time I had been back to MCRD in 30 years. I had a couple buddies back then that were Drill Instructors. One retired a Company Cheif D.I. 

Much has changed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Hated them. Mainly wore them on "open field" type tactics. Still have bad dreams about laying on the side of a hill at 64 area (Talega) in 100 degree heat for hours in a damn Gsuit. Also had to be careful around things like smoke grenades. Damn burlap would burn like cotton. They have been fire resistant for years now.

Years ago I had the honor of meeting Carlos Hathcock. It was a big todo back in Lejuene. Anyway he told us so many stories that night. He also hated the Gsuit. For those of you who don't know the book and movie Sniper is based off of his life. He was one bad ass mofo. He actually wore a white feather in is bush hat in the Viet Nam jungles. CAn you imagine that? A white frigging feather in a green ass jungle. Talk about a target. He at one time had the furthest confirmed kill and did shoot another sniper thru their scope as they were sighting in on him.

God I love my Corps.

Just now, thc6795 said:

Years ago I had the honor of meeting Carlos Hathcock. It was a big todo back in Lejuene. Anyway he told us so many stories that night. He also hated the Gsuit. For those of you who don't know the book and movie Sniper is based off of his life. He was one bad ass mofo. He actually wore a white feather in is bush hat in the Viet Nam jungles. CAn you imagine that? A white frigging feather in a green ass jungle. Talk about a target. He at one time had the furthest confirmed kill and did shoot another sniper thru their scope as they were sighting in on him.

God I love my Corps.

You mean this Gunny Hathcock? 

Later in life when I was living in Oregon, through a very close friend, I became friends with Chuck Mawhinney, another Nam era legend in the USMC sniper community. It was totally by chance meeting and becoming friends him. 103 confirmed kills. 216 probables. Killed 16 NVA on Valentines day. All head shots.

Also, the movie "Sniper" was loosely based on real life events of a Marine SSgt and a DEA agent in Columbia, South America. The only part related to Hathcock was the shot through the scope. :)

SNIPDOCX.thumb.jpg.7f578b9573dfdb174b06d4b88d3d0ba1.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rockinl said:

Outstanding.

From the right??  I had you pictured much shorter. Oh, you mean MY right.  Hhahaaha

Here's what blew my mind. My wife and I were in San Diego 4 years ago. Spent most of the Friday morning inside MCRD and RTR. In no way do I remember Drill Instructors being THAT young. LOL. Damn!

First time I had been back to MCRD in 30 years. I had a couple buddies back then that were Drill Instructors. One retired a Company Cheif D.I. 

Much has changed.

LOL good one Leatherneck .  Fun memories for sure.  I went thru Boot Camp 7 times.  As a Recruit, DI School and 5 Recruit Platoon's  That's a lot of damn Time on your feet about 19hrs a day for 2 years 7 days a week . Knees tore up to this day.  Semper FI Warrior.   In front of my Platoon during the Crucible. My 1st Platoon as a SDI.  Plt 1051.  Notice the outstanding Camouflage job. DI textbook all the time.  Even in the dirt look at my Cammies and the Recruits same hump yet I still look damn squared away.   :D SDI tricks:  Just shared a part of my History nothing to brag about many have served longer and gave more.  MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP US ALL SAFE:

Myself and SDI Mass bringing them in from 13 mile hump below. 

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

• Like 3

On 4/14/2017 at 0:15 PM, hardhit1 said:

One of the Chinese employees where I work says there are 250k Chinese soldiers on the N Korean border.

Other than hearing from him I have not seen anything to substantiate this claim but something is up.

Those troops are in place to prevent North Koreans from trekking into China! If they want WAR, they may get what they desire!