OT:Kim Jong-Un ‘orders IMMEDIATE EVACUATION of Pyongyang’

noonereal

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Its also not 1950 anymore.

We can ends wars a bit quicker now... more advanced technology. And while technically Iraq went on for a bit, the regime was toppled in less than a month. 

You mean like the one we've been involved in,  in the middle east for 17 years?

"Technically"? Well, "technically" dead Americans for a lost cause are still dead Americans.

That was a dumb statement.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

I like this post DD except for calling anyone "winners".

Man looking at this reminds me if so much. I went in 88, I discharged in 05. Ill never forget getting off the plane in Saudi at 0230 in Oct of 90. It was frigging freezing.  Fast forward 12 yrs later, there I was again. In that horrible ass place. Frigging war. Worst thing happened was TV being there. People now believe this is what it is like. TV only shows you what they want you to see. TV does not allow you to SMELL war. This was the worst part for me.   

Mad props THC for serving and being there. As someone who has never served could tell me what it was like when you were there?  What TV did not show?  I had several friends that served in the Marines, Army and Navy.  The army and Marine guys that fought in Irag came back totally different and I never wanted to prob into what happened.  I just let them tell me on their terms.  Would love to get your story if its cool. Maybe it would help those yelling for war understand what really goes down.  

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

We can ends wars a bit quicker now... more advanced technology. And while technically Iraq went on for a bit, the regime was toppled in less than a month. 

You do realize more Americans were killed AFTER the regime was toppled right?  All advanced technology means is the ability to kill more people. This isn't some damn Calpreps problem Ech.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

There is absolutely no possible way to defeat NK from dropping bombs on them.  It will take putting troops on the ground.  A lot of them.  Ground war in Asia=100,000 + dead US soldiers.  

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I hope everyone remembers these kinds of posts when you speak to Cal Preps. 

You were just as lost when we did the thread on origins. 

You just don't process things well. 

5 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

There is absolutely no possible way to defeat NK from dropping bombs on them.  It will take putting troops on the ground.  A lot of them.  Ground war in Asia=100,000 + dead US soldiers.  

honest, he clearly has very limited knowledge of N. Korea and is associating real war with his video games. 

I am way serious, everyone in this thread knows how ridiculous he sounds. Just like he sounded in some of the other non football threads where clear logic and understanding were involved. Every time he says Cal Preps, realize, he is processing his thoughts with the same lack of info and processing skills. 

He just want GA to be ranked better in every poll every time so he makes stuff up that seems "logical to him." 

Just like he did here. 

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Mad props THC for serving and being there. As someone who has never served could tell me what it was like when you were there?  What TV did not show?  I had several friends that served in the Marines, Army and Navy.  The army and Marine guys that fought in Irag came back totally different and I never wanted to prob into what happened.  I just let them tell me on their terms.  Would love to get your story if its cool. Maybe it would help those yelling for war understand what really goes down.  

Bro, I really don't have a story. I just went and did what I was told to do. Like I said earlier it is not all mom and pops and apple pie. It is about your brothers in the unit. You train with those guy's you eat, sleep and shit with them. They become you, you become them. While in garrison everyone is a badass, cant wait to see action all gung ho. Then reality hits, your in country. Everyone hates you, everyone wants to kill you. You cant tell friend from foe. You id the enemy as anyone not in your unit. Does not matter their sex or their age. All are the enemy. After a while you get used to it, until you lose someone, then you want "payback" don't let anyone tell you different. It happens. A lot more earlier then now. When I first went into country it was like the wild, wild west. After actions reports were a joke. Now these kids have to explain where every round went after ever engagement. So much has changed I cant really tell you how it is now.

For me besides losing so many good friends the worst part was the stench of war. This is what TV does not show you. The smell of death stays with you, then you mix in the smell of burning rubber, ammo smoke, diesel fuel and 115 degree heat, with blood and pieces of bodies scattered around. You cant imagine the smell.

People often ask me if I was scared? Honestly I was not until after whatever went down was over. When you have time to think, then shit gets scary. Plus I was too tired to be scared. Best thing to do was think as yourself being dead already.  I also hated letters from home. The more I could disengage myself from home the better. Others it may be different for me this worked.

Anyway bro War totally frigging sucks. The only time I ever questioned was there really a god was when I was in country. I could not fathom that a god whould let us do this to each other.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bro, I really don't have a story. I just went and did what I was told to do. Like I said earlier it is not all mom and pops and apple pie. It is about your brothers in the unit. You train with those guy's you eat, sleep and shit with them. They become you, you become them. While in garrison everyone is a badass, cant wait to see action all gung ho. Then reality hits, your in country. Everyone hates you, everyone wants to kill you. You cant tell friend from foe. You id the enemy as anyone not in your unit. Does not matter their sex or their age. All are the enemy. After a while you get used to it, until you lose someone, then you want "payback" don't let anyone tell you different. It happens. A lot more earlier then now. When I first went into country it was like the wild, wild west. After actions reports were a joke. Now these kids have to explain where every round went after ever engagement. So much has changed I cant really tell you how it is now.

For me besides losing so many good friends the worst part was the stench of war. This is what TV does not show you. The smell of death stays with you, then you mix in the smell of burning rubber, ammo smoke, diesel fuel and 115 degree heat, with blood and pieces of bodies scattered around. You cant imagine the smell.

People often ask me if I was scared? Honestly I was not until after whatever went down was over. When you have time to think, then shit gets scary. Plus I was too tired to be scared. Best thing to do was think as yourself being dead already.  I also hated letters from home. The more I could disengage myself from home the better. Others it may be different for me this worked.

Anyway bro War totally frigging sucks. The only time I ever questioned was there really a god was when I was in country. I could not fathom that a god whould let us do this to each other.

Wow.  This post says alot.  Thanks thc. And again thanks and props for what you did and had to go through. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Indeed. 

North Korea has terrain as militarily unfriendly as Afghanistan, I have read it's worse. 

The terrain alone has caused us a stalemate and defeated Russia. 

Now, add to N Korea, it inhabitants will all fight us to the death. Generations of N Koreans have been taught since birth to fight and hate us. No other country on earth is this completely sheltered and so long under government propaganda. 

Then you have the actual military strike capabilities of the N. Koreans.

This would not be a war like some seem to think. 

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Does not sound anything like a video game. 

much respect and yeah, my uncle still speaks of the smell of death that hangs in the air, 50 years latter. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Indeed. 

North Korea has terrain as militarily unfriendly as Afghanistan, I have read it's worse. 

Now, add to N Korea, it inhabitants will all fight us to the death. Generations of N Koreans have been taught since birth to fight and hate us. No other country on earth is this completely sheltered and so long under government propaganda. 

Add weather conditions as well. Nothing is happening during the winter. One of the coldest places I have ever been.

The movie Restrepo was a powerful documentary that took place in the Korangal Valley in Afghanistan. I took a son and his cousin to see it when they were in high school, and they were not nearly as talkative after the movie as they were going into it. I recommend the movie, for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

honest, he clearly has very limited knowledge of N. Korea and is associating real war with his video games. 

I am way serious, everyone in this thread knows how ridiculous he sounds. Just like he sounded in some of the other non football threads where clear logic and understanding were involved. Every time he says Cal Preps, realize, he is processing his thoughts with the same lack of info and processing skills. 

He just want GA to be ranked better in every poll every time so he makes stuff up that seems "logical to him." 

Just like he did here. 

In not sure about that.  ECHS logic is sound.  GA>NK.  ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, noonereal said:

forgot that, thanks

Yeah I was in South Korea in 89. Team Spirit 89. Horrible deployment. We lost quite a few Marines that year. Frigging flying coffin ch46 went down killing about 20 Marines, A ch53 also went down. Anyway it was frigging cold in Korea. Especially when we were unloading the Belleau Wood. That draft off the Black Sea in November OMG was it cold. It was so cold when you would spit it would turn to slush before it hit the ground.

Meanwhile this is what happens in real time.  Warriors doing their thing.  I will assure none of them give a damn about politicians talking shit or anyone else.  They care for each other and try to get everyone back home to get some pussy and get your damn bearing back.  I remember getting into a car the 1st time after 9.5 months from being in that hot ass desert and driving down the I-5 in San Diego and freaking out at all the damn lights along the highway and stopping the car to get out it as it freaked me out and my spouse consoling me on the side of the road.  And how when we got to Hawaii with 2 more weeks sailing time before arriving back @ Naval Base San Diego we went thru daily training of how to adjust back to being home.  Some crazy shit that most will never experience. This country has been in more wars in the last 75 years than all the other powers combined.  That world police thing is not what it's cracked up to be.  Hell we can't defeat gangs here but magically we can destroy the Taliban and everyone else away from home.  

• Like 4

Great post brother.  Much respect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

The movie Restrepo was a powerful documentary that took place in the Korangal Valley in Afghanistan. I took a son and his cousin to see it when they were in high school, and they were not nearly as talkative after the movie as they were going into it. I recommend the movie, for sure.

Never saw it, not a big war movie buff. I would suggest taking your son to a local VA, let him walk around and talk to kids his age. Kids that were playing ball last yr and have no legs now. My son and I visit  twice a month. One I love it. does me good. The other is my son appreciates what others have given. It is one thing hearing from dad, a whole other when he see's it first hand.

Great advise DD.

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Meanwhile this is what happens in real time.  Warriors doing their thing.  I will assure none of them give a damn about politicians talking shit or anyone else.  They care for each other and try to get everyone back home to get some pussy and get your damn bearing back.  I remember getting into a car the 1st time after 9.5 months and driving down the I-5 in San Diego and freaking out at all the damn lights along the highway and how when we got to Hawaii with 2 more weeks before arriving back and Naval Base San Diego we went thru daily training of how to adjust back to being home.  Some crazy shit that most never experience yet claim lets kick ass. This country has been in more wars in the last 75 years than all the other power combined.  That world police thing is not what it's cracked up to be.  Hell we can't defeat gangs here but magically we can destroy the Taliban. 

GySgt I remember coming back from Team Spirit 89. We were at sea for 5 months We got to the port in Okinawa and had to do maneuver's for 2 weeks. We were so close to that frigging pier we wanted to jump and swim to it. Longest 2 weeks of my life.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Indeed. 

I somewhat disagree with this. This lunatic can't feed his population. They will turn on him if given a viable option and prosperity. No war is easy but this would be very winnable. Again, nobody wants "war". But if this idiot keeps it up, he may have it. I think China would have him deposed before it came to war. They have so much to lose economically if China's relations to the West are at risk. They'd rather lose their fat crazy puppet than the trillions they gain from warmer relations with West. 

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Never saw it, not a big war movie buff. I would suggest taking your son to a local VA, let him walk around and talk to kids his age. Kids that were playing ball last yr and have no legs now. My son and I visit  twice a month. One I love it. does me good. The other is my son appreciates what others have given. It is one thing hearing from dad, a whole other when he see's it first hand.

Great advise DD.

Another outstanding post.  Your on a roll brother. 

Golf clap. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I somewhat disagree with this. This lunatic can't feed his population. They will turn on him if given a viable option and prosperity. No war is easy but this would be very winnable. Again, nobody wants "war". But if this idiot keeps it up, he may have it. I think China would have him deposed before it came to war. They have so much to lose economically if China's relations to the West are at risk. They'd rather lose their fat crazy puppet than the trillions they gain from warmer relations with West. 

Bro how do you beat an enemy that would just as soon eat you then surrender to you? They will find food, even if it is their dead. I don't think you understand the hatred they have for America. If beating them was so easy we would have done it the first time.

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Great advise DD.

A neighborhood boy, one who swam on the neighborhood swim team in the summer, and went to the neighborhood school, and ran with all the other neighborhood kids, ended up a marine about 10 years ago.

He lost both his legs. Then, after being at the VA hospital for about a year, he took his own life.

There are too many similar stories for anyone sitting on a cushy sofa to be yelling "Attack!" right now, whether it be Syria or Afghanistan or Korea or Russia or Mexico. And certainly not all at once. We bring a lot of shit on ourselves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bro how do you beat an enemy that would just as soon eat you then surrender to you? They will find food, even if it is their dead. I don't think you understand the hatred they have for America. If beating them was so easy we would have done it the first time.

Warrior did you ever see the movie Gardens of Stone?  It is about Army Dogs particularly the old Guard in D.C. A squared away ceremonial Infantry unit.  And a young hard charging Sergeant wanted out so he could go fight in Vietnam.  And the old 1stSgt was telling him about NAM and the Sergeant said I heard of a helicopter returning from a Mission with an Arrow lodged in it those people are fighting with arrows and the 1st Shirt said how the hell are you gonna defeat a people who will fight a Helicopter with a bow.

Those people were a Vietnamese tribe called the Montagnards who the SF later befriended.  You are right hate will drive your enemy to fight like hell.  

Great movie I might add the Sgt went to NAM and got KIA and buried by his old unit.