Is the Deerfield St John's game on TV?

StAllThewaY

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Waste of a game. DFB won’t score. The game will get out of hand before halftime and SJC will waste away another public who doesn’t know how to properly play football. Lol

SJC wins 31-0

I don’t understand why both Fla teams agreed to travel vs SJC.  That doesn’t help in their cause 

4 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Yeah college teams do that all the time when a weak school plays a power but they do get paid big time. 25k travel stipend barely covers their travel expenses    There is no proffit for the school or football program. Just ego feeding 

I can’t imagine these Fla schools are wealthy so tapping into their budgets to play a game seems misguided to me. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Or maybe the Principal and HC want their student-athletes to visit our nation’s Capital for educational purposes? Some of these boys on MSR and DFB will never ever leave the state of FL again. Open your mind. 

But is that what they will actually do?  Will they actually get time to visit or are they back on the plane the next day? 

This is a schedule filler for SJC just like Southridge was. These games are mismatches right from jump. 

Think Bishop Gorman/Cedar Hill. No matter how talented on paper Chill looked, Bishop Gorman was a recruited up transfer program that pulled kids from different states. The teams are built different. 

Hopefully in the future there won’t be these types of games. PGL really needs to stay away from the blowouts. It’s not a good look 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The SJC staff always provides opposing teams the oppty to sight see around the DC area. Every team PGL has sent there has taken advantage of these opptys. As this is a PGL game, I'm confident that's the case once again. 

Why and how does the SJC staff provide opportunities for the opposing team to site see on their own time?  Do they provide transportation to and from museums or something? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why and how does the SJC staff provide opportunities for the opposing team to site see on their own time?  Do they provide transportation to and from museums or something? 

They just give them a bunch of money to the point they should have enough to fit that stuff in the day before or after the game. 

So Deer Jerkey might fly up Friday, do something Friday night, go get their ass whopped 2-5, then go do something Saturday night then fly back Sunday 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They just give them a bunch of money to the point they should have enough to fit that stuff in the day before or after the game. 

So Deer Jerkey might fly up Friday, do something Friday night, go get their ass whopped 2-5, then go do something Saturday night then fly back Sunday 

Aaah so SJC is so benevolent that they give away their $$ for teams to site see.  🤨 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Aaah so SJC is so benevolent that they give away their $$ for teams to site see.  🤨 

No they are a Maryland DC all star team, and no one will play them except other all star teams, and teams that take money for an ass whopping. 

They have backers that are billionaires and fork out insane amounts of money to entice these teams to play. 

It’s not real high school football.  It’s being operated like a business 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No they are a Maryland DC all star team, and no one will play them except other all star teams, and teams that take money for an ass whopping. 

They have backers that are billionaires and fork out insane amounts of money to entice these teams to play. 

It’s not real high school football.  It’s being operated like a business 

Yeah.  I googled some things about their HS and a few things were a red flag to me on them “building” this FB team.  The demographics of the team don’t come close to the demographics of the school overall.  

3 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

horse shit salesmanship.. Those kids can go to DC anytime they want,, there isnt anything great about DC anyway been there a hundred times.  Seriously doubt t hose kids give a damn about the mall and looking at stuffed cavemen lol  actually that is what field trips are for . A class goes on a field trip and they have to write on it and take a quiz.. I doubt that is happening on these football game trips.. Its just an excuse to justify the trip for a game..oh its educational yeah right 

It’s not like that. Some of these trips include a meet and greet with their local congressman on capital hill(free) with a tour of the capital building. Museums like the new African American history and Holocaust museums are emotionally moving. I know a team that bowled in the White House. Another toured the pentagon. I can assure you this isn’t a 3rd grade field trip to the Smithsonian. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Idk how but St Johns does help with that. Johns Creek visited DC and took that ass kicking last year for that sole purpose. To see DC/what the city has to offer. 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

DFB is getting lit up in this game.  I did chuckle at one of the commentators saying DFB was probably top 3 in Fla.  I’m no Fla expert, but that’s highly unlikely

really hope SJC gets their asses handed to them though this season, the show boatin is a little much 

Dont know about getting their asses handed to them, they look like a good team. However,  their next 4 games will definitely be more competitive.