Part of CalPreps bias against GA shown...

ECHS05

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

What's stupid is you constantly trying to convince the members of this forum that a man who has dedicated his entire adult life to a scientific gathering of numerical data for the sole purpose of eliminating bias has suddenly forsaken his life's work for no other reason than to stick it to GA high school football.I sincerely hope this helps you realize how ridiculous you have become on this subject 

what a great post

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What's stupid is you constantly trying to convince the members of this forum that a man who has dedicated his entire adult life to a scientific gathering of numerical data for the sole purpose of eliminating bias has suddenly forsaken his life's work for no other reason than to stick it to GA high school football.I sincerely hope this helps you realize how ridiculous you have become on this subject 

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What's stupid is you constantly trying to convince the members of this forum that a man who has dedicated his entire adult life to a scientific gathering of numerical data

What equally as stupid, maybe more..... is you thinking calpreps is scientific.

You are both two of a kind...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

The last two times a GA team has faced a top 5 nationally ranked team, they have been outscored 82 to 7. Let that sink in...

2012 Grayson ranked #9 played #1 Miami Central. MC lost 35-3

2014 #4 Hoover lost to an Unranked Colquitt County 35-14...

Both teams where inside the top 5. 

Doesnt matter if they where neighboring states or not... pount is theyve beaten top 5 teams...

33 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

The last two times a GA team has faced a top 5 nationally ranked team, they have been outscored 82 to 7. Let that sink in...

One thing that impresses me is how Cali brags about going everywhere and playing everyone but you never win any of them.....

Ok you go anywhere at anytime but when are you gonna start winning games east of the MS river? 

Speaking of which when is DLS gonna travel to Byrnes? 

I'll make the trip up to Duncan for that... Duncans not terribly far away from where I live....

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

One thing that impresses me is how Cali brags about going everywhere and playing everyone but you never win any of them.....

Ok you go anywhere at anytime but when are you gonna start winning games east of the MS river? 

Speaking of which when is DLS gonna travel to Byrnes? 

I'll make the trip up to Duncan for that... Duncans not terribly far away from where I live....

Do some more research and get back to us

Just now, Ararar said:

Do some more research and get back to us

Ive done what I need... 

Even historically wise CA doesnt perform well in the Southeast... 

Most CA vs The Southeast games are against FL. 

It could be a mistake but the Historian site says that a defunct school in GA actually played a CA school back in the 30s...  

The CA school lost.... 

You guys also have a bad record against TX.... 

Idk about TN,AL and NC. 

But DLS vs Byrnes is the 1 and only SC vs CA game... 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

When Miami. Northwestern was ranked in the 40's behind a team from Iowa back in 2007 when they won the MNC that's all I needed. 

And when Curtis won it a few years ago weren't they in the 80's? 

I don't think for a second that Curtis was number 1 but to be outside the top 50 proved they don't rank teams, they rank schedules 

Curtis was like 100+ pretty sure.   They beat the snot out of a solid Plant Fl team 33-3 their worst loss by far (they beat Armwood that year).   They surely weren't the best team in the nation, but saying they didn't do anything to deserve a decent ranking is a little exaggerated. 

Also no excuse to have MNW ranked that low in 2007, but like I said Florida used to be ranked just as shitty as Ga now.   Eventually adjustments get made.   

19 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ive done what I need... 

Even historically wise CA doesnt perform well in the Southeast... 

Most CA vs The Southeast games are against FL. 

It could be a mistake but the Historian site says that a defunct school in GA actually played a CA school back in the 30s...  

The CA school lost.... 

You guys also have a bad record against TX.... 

Idk about TN,AL and NC. 

But DLS vs Byrnes is the 1 and only SC vs CA game... 

I will save us all the trouble.  ga posters think ga hsfb>Cali, TX, Fl  Everybody agrees.  There.  

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Curtis was like 100+ pretty sure.   They beat the snot out of a solid Plant Fl team 33-3 their worst loss by far (they beat Armwood that year).   They surely weren't the best team in the nation, but saying they didn't do anything to deserve a decent ranking is a little exaggerated. 

Also no excuse to have MNW ranked that low in 2007, but like I said Florida used to be ranked just as shitty as Ga now.   Eventually adjustments get made.   

GA pre-2009 was ranked absolutely terribly.... only 3 teams ever got into the top 10 or 15. 

Northside WR after they beat the hell out of Booker T Washington(Miami)

Buford

Lowndes 

42 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Its fun to spew random false facts out of your ass isnt it? 

Hmmm...your alternative facts don't make it true. Ranked preseason #4 and then falling out of the top 50 doesn't count. BTW actually gave us NORCROSSED, 55-0. IMG which ended the season ranked no lower than 4, 27-7. This equals 82-7. Centennial scored 7 times the td's against IMG, but Calpreps still put them two spots lower than the GA team. Really sounds biased to me!

• Like 1

Miami Central has played a lot of OOS games.   Only losses I can think of are Dematha MD, Grayson Ga, and Camden County Ga (all 3 MC teams were state champs).    Booker T Washington I think is 1-1 vs Ga, with a win over Norcross and a loss against Northside.   BTW has only lost 1 other OOS game I can think of to Chandler, and I think it was a preseason game (I always count these).    

My point is, even if you get annoyed by the Ga posters on here, you can't just go all bat shit crazy.  

Trying to compare Nevada and Ga?  Liberty lost a game 84-8!   Think about that for one second.  

84-8!!  

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I will save us all the trouble.  ga posters think ga hsfb>Cali, TX, Fl  Everybody agrees.  There.  

No, not at all.   They aren't better overall than any of those 3.   They aren't 10x worse though, or a "2 team state" as half the board states either.   

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man I love hating on Ga, but damn ya'll hate on Ga so bad it basically hates on FL lol.    It'd be like saying Kentucky was complete garbage, obviously the Ohio guys are gonna be like whoooa.  

No, most of us Ohio guys are pretty even keel.

Outside of Trinity and Male, Kentucky is pretty garbage as it relates to national relevance. 

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

I knew the racist Cajun had no comprehension skills since no where in my post did I even mention CP but only the man who runs it.Surprised you agree 

Your quote:

"What's stupid is you constantly trying to convince the members of this forum that a man who has dedicated his entire adult life to a scientific gathering of numerical data for the sole purpose of eliminating bias has suddenly forsaken his life's work for no other reason than to stick it to GA high school football.I sincerely hope this helps you realize how ridiculous you have become on this subject."

Well that's fair I guess.....you didn't specifically mention CP, but I have yet to see anyone (most notably Stan or Nor) refute Peanut's assertion that there is a finite amount of points available per state to go around unless there is heavy OOS interplay reference points, which if true would be an enormous hindrance to being able to judge / rate / rank teams from different parts of the country.  That's not to mention the glaring, obvious flaws in using the transitive property of scores to compare teams in any given year, which is all CP relies on. You seem like an educated guy, so I assume you realize all of that is the true point, not that he thinks Ned is specifically "sticking it to Georgia football."  ECH's delivery isn't the most polished, but he has a point.  And until you, nor, Stan, any of the DLS fightin' Spartans, or anybody else can knock it down with numbers, the question will remain.

3 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Your quote:

"What's stupid is you constantly trying to convince the members of this forum that a man who has dedicated his entire adult life to a scientific gathering of numerical data for the sole purpose of eliminating bias has suddenly forsaken his life's work for no other reason than to stick it to GA high school football.I sincerely hope this helps you realize how ridiculous you have become on this subject."

Well that's fair I guess.....you didn't specifically mention CP, but I have yet to see anyone (most notably Stan or Nor) refute Peanut's assertion that there is a finite amount of points available per state to go around unless there is heavy OOS interplay reference points, which if true would be an enormous hindrance to being able to judge / rate / rank teams from different parts of the country.  That's not to mention the glaring, obvious flaws in using the transitive property of scores to compare teams in any given year, which is all CP relies on. You seem like an educated guy, so I assume you realize all of that is the true point, not that he thinks Ned is specifically "sticking it to Georgia football."  ECH's delivery isn't the most polished, but he has a point.  And until you, nor, Stan, any of the DLS fightin' Spartans, or anybody else can knock it down with numbers, the question will remain.

To add to this, I am not a total CP hater.  What Ned has created is pretty great to see being that I am a numbers guy.  The theory and even execution is excellent, but the task at hand that he is trying to accomplish is simply impossible.  To make it possible would require building in advanced patterns of information into a dataset, which creates a cluster (in this case football teams in predetermined "tough" districts) in a circular loop of teams with a perceived tougher SOS aka: Not enough data points to tie all the teams together.

• Like 2