DLS/Folsom Week!

DLS_Spartan

DLS/Folsom Week is HERE!  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the matchup of the week?

• DLS
    • Folsom

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I'm on the other side.  I have a feeling Folsom will be able to pull this out.  If the line can give Ngata just a small hole, then he will run wild.  DLS's linebackers are not what they were last year.  Neither is their DLine.  Of course I hope I'm wrong, but I see Folsom pulling out a close win. 

AP,

I've seen both teams up close and personal. Folsom is going to have a time stopping DLS. They don't have the beef nor the athletes along the lines on both sides like last year. Jesuit moved the ball on the ground pretty well at times with a back up QB that couldn't throw AT ALL.  Jesuit also had several stops in the first half. I think DLS will get plenty of stops.

DLS OL is better this year, and they're starting to really come together. Hale had an understandably tough game against STA, but has thrown for over 450 yards and 4 TDs and 0 ints in the last 2 (in basically two .respective halves) He's also ran for 2. Garrett and Coby have been unstoppable...even against STA. Ok...I'll stop short of saying unstoppable against STA, but they both had solid games.

Don't sell this defense short. They played well against STA even with the huge discrepancy in size and athleticism. They won't be outgunned against Folsom in that dept. That said, they know they have to limit Ngata. He's the key. The coaches will have a plan. They always do for Folsom. The kids just need to execute.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

AP,

I've seen both teams up close and personal. Folsom is going to have a time stopping DLS. They don't have the beef nor the athletes along the lines on both sides like last year. Jesuit moved the ball on the ground pretty well at times with a back up QB that couldn't throw AT ALL.  Jesuit also had several stops in the first half. I think DLS will get plenty of stops.

DLS OL is better this year, and they're starting to really come together. Hale had an understandably tough game against STA, but has thrown for over 450 yards and 4 TDs and 0 ints in the last 2 (in basically two .respective halves) He's also ran for 2. Garrett and Coby have been unstoppable...even against STA. Ok...I'll stop short of saying unstoppable against STA, but they both had solid games.

Don't sell this defense short. They played well against STA even with the huge discrepancy in size and athleticism. They won't be outgunned against Folsom in that dept. That said, they know they have to limit Ngata. He's the key. The coaches will have a plan. They always do for Folsom. The kids just need to execute.

I hope you're right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

How good is the qb?

Their situation coming into a game with DLS is not ideal. And that's no slight to the kids. Going against any DLS team in your 3rd varsity game is a tall task. Especially, since all of the DLS coaches and most of the key players have seen Folsom before. 

I'm probably sealing DLS's doom with all of this🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Haha. Are you going to call him out at the game? Does he live close to you? 

He's not hard to spot. The only ugly looking, hairy dude, with no kids on either team, yelling and screaming for DLS, while living in Folsom, and sitting on the DLS side.

What a tool. Dude probably sat in the visitors section in HS. 

I can tell you this- watch the game on NFHS Network. Dude WILL GET A CLOSEUP. 😉

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

He's not hard to spot. The only ugly looking, hairy dude, with no kids on either team, yelling and screaming for DLS, while living in Folsom, and sitting on the DLS side.

What a tool. Dude probably sat in the visitors section in HS. 

Ha, he's a good kat. What part of Folsom do you live in? It's a trip to see how much that whole area has exploded over the last 20 years.

Here’s my take for what it is. No one has mentioned the JV’s from last year, unless I missed it. What did each team lose and reload with? DLS JV’s were 10-0, Folsom’s were 7-3 with DLS winning last years game 34-20. Not sure how much impact this will have but both DLS teams last year have the confidence that they both won. DLS should be coming in very confident that they took care of business last year and they can do it again. What will Folsom’s mind set be come Friday night? Especially if they get down early?? 

10 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Your memory is a steal trap.🤣 I live in Folsom...I've got a TRUE home game. Chance of attendance = 100.79%. We should meet up and shake hands. We just missed each other at Sac State a few years back.

I just bought tickets online for myself and my wife today. So I will be there. I think we might be hitting up a local sushi spot we like prior to the game. You're welcome to join us there or perhaps we could meet at a local bar after dinner. If anybody else is planning on attending the game and would like to meet up before the game, please speak up (after the game might work too). I think we'll be heading out toward Folsom sometime 'around' 5ish. Perhaps even a bit sooner. Game starts at 7:30 so there should be adequate time.

10 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Overall, your rankings of the Folsom teams are certainly reasonable and supportable. I personally would them ranked them 2018, 2014, 2010, 2017. Any of the first 3 could be number 1. It'da been nice to see that '14 play somebody really good to see what they had. But the '18 team just had so many more athletes across the board then the previous teams. Although, D1s aren't everything, they help. 

I agree that 2018 had better overall skill talent (2010 was close). But the reason 2014 tops my list is not only did they have the best QB, they were far superior in the trenches. Jonah WIlliams and Cody Creason played both ways and led a very physical group on both sides of the ball. 2014 boasted the most dominant line play they've ever had. And it also was their best defensive unit on the whole.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

If they would have stuck to the Ngata run last year they could have won. Richardson was obsessed with trying to throw it to Joe. smh

Totally agree. They allowed DLS to Bill Belichick them. Eidson focused on taking Joe Ngata away and let someone else try to beat them. Folsom's coaches (and the QB Bennett) fell into the trap.

Daniyel had several impressive runs, including the long 70 yarder that was called back because his brother moved just before the snap. And of course everyone remembers the fumble near the goal line that was a bang bang call.

They just didn't go to him or Badger enough.

But now Joe is gone and DLS will focus their efforts on one of the other 2. IMO, a lot is going to come down to the new QB's and the line. If the line can hold their own, offensively, it'll come down to good play calling and the QB's decision making.

Also, DeShawn Lynch might be a huge x-factor at TE. He's a 6'3 275 pound beast that they started using at TE later in the 2018 season. He can really run!!!

Defensively, it's hard to hold down DLS's veer like they did last year. Logic tell me the Spartans will explode a bit more this time around.

9 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I'm on the other side.  I have a feeling Folsom will be able to pull this out.  If the line can give Ngata just a small hole, then he will run wild.  DLS's linebackers are not what they were last year.  Neither is their DLine.  Of course I hope I'm wrong, but I see Folsom pulling out a close win. 

I hope you're right. First and foremost, I'd like to see an ultra competitive game like last year. But beyond that, I'd love to be at such a historic and monumental game for NorCal. The end of 300.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Should say lived in Folsom Ranch for a year. I could not live up there full time. Way to freaking hot.

We actually had a pleasant Summer this year. Not all that many triple digits days and it was in the 60's nearly every evening.

Mostly mid-to-high 90's with some high 80's mixed in here and there.

Outside of the hot Summer, the rest of the year is always awesome weather. Normally not too much rain and great to be outdoors!

• Like 1