DLS/Folsom Week!

DLS_Spartan

DLS/Folsom Week is HERE!  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the matchup of the week?

• DLS
    • Folsom

21 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Folsom has the best athlete in Nagata. No question. Badger obviously is a talent, but right here right now in HS, Garrett, Coby, and Daley are all right there with him. Each of these guys can take it to the house on any given play...that has been proven in the first weeks of the season. Folsom has some talent. But after these guys, I'll take DLS pound for pound down the line because what is CRITICALLY important is that DLS's coaches, stars, role guys, and new guys alike have all played in at least one (many multiple) character games. Folsom's stars play Antelope, and get bailed out in their bowl game. They can feel all they want, but they weren't the better team last year. Typical Folsom btw. But IMO if they played mid-season DLS wins. If they played at the end DLS wins. A team like Folsom will lose to DLS because Folsom is always afraid of losing...OR they just like easy wins. You can not argue that their scheduling doesn't prove that. Hell. Maybe I am wrong. But I doubt it. 

Those are good players no doubt. All of them underrated. That's solely based on your opinion. The opinion of the professionals who follow this stuff would disagree. Folsom has 4 players in the top 100 of CA. DLS has 0.   

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=CA

Garrett should be on there so I'll give you 1. Folsom has enough firepower to win this game. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Those are good players no doubt. All of them underrated. That's solely based on your opinion. The opinion of the professionals who follow this stuff would disagree. Folsom has 4 players in the top 100 of CA. DLS has 0.   

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=CA

Garrett should be on there so I'll give you 1. Folsom has enough firepower to win this game. 

So just based on the experts opinions, DLS should easily lose this game. So if DLS wins, is it they players are overrated? Coaching? Experts are idiots? All of the above?

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, DLS_Spartan said:

@frankyjames

i have to say after watching this game, Hale is not the answer. He’s an average qb at best. I am not sure what is with the funky play calling, but Alumbaugh seriously needs to consider a change somewhere along the coaching line or relieve his play calling duties. Completely Vanilla offense and I have to agree with Block (@frankyjames) said last year about the offense and Hale. 

Hey @DLS_Spartan is this still how you see DLS?.... Why don't you give us some analysis for this game along with how Hale has done the last 2 weeks.... You are Predicting a 35-28 Folsom win in your OP.... What are the reasons?

Do you think DLS's Defensive Coaches which have Held Folsom's Greatest ever Teams to 38 points in 3 games are somehow going to give up 35 points in this Game? They just shut out Folsom's greatest team ever last year 14-0? Can you expand for us all please?

Would love to hear your thoughts and analysis of this game since you started this thread and are such a big DLS Fan, that you have @DLS_Spartan as your screen name....

Or should we all just read @frankyjames 's posts because, well, you know.... :) :) :) 

Personally, I will wait for a Thread started by a Real Poster and not Block's Fake DLS trolling screen name.... :) :) :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

@DLS_Spartan this idiot thinks you are me! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BTW- Spot on with your prediction brother!

Haha come on dude. I really start to feel so bad for you when you pull this multi personality disorder.  Just stop talking to yourself and even worse liking your own posts and just pick one or the other per thread.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

STA had 237 D1s and barely pulled off a win against DLS. MD had 350 D1s last Open and it took a late drive to seal it for them. That's where the rubber meets the road for DLS. Be honest...How would Folsom do against STA or MD? 

DLS beats teams like SJC, Byrnes, Cen10, and BG because they schedule teams like ET, STA, or DBP....and then play MD or SJB at the end every year. DLS will always have that over Folsom. That's why, IMO (and many would agree, I think), number of top players doesn't always translate to wins. ...and btw, I don't see any linemen on that top 100 list. 

EDIT: I see DE Deshawn Lynch. He is GOING to be really good. DLS will handle him THIS year.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

STA had 237 D1s and barely pulled off a win against DLS. MD had 350 D1s last Open and it took a late drive to seal it for them. That's where the rubber meets the road for DLS. Be honest...How would Folsom do against STA or MD? 

DLS beats teams like SJC, Byrnes, Cen10, and BG because they schedule teams like ET, STA, or DBP....and then play MD or SJB at the end every year. DLS will always have that over Folsom. That's why, IMO (and many would agree, I think), number of top players doesn't always translate to wins. ...and btw, I don't see any linemen on that top 100 list. 

EDIT: I see DE Deshawn Lynch. He is GOING to be really good. DLS will handle him THIS year.

Good post. DLS is way more battle tested. If Folsom doesn't bring their A game they'll lose again. They are however, the only team in Norcal capable of beating DLS and that is a fact. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Good post. DLS is way more battle tested. If Folsom doesn't bring their A game they'll lose again. They are however, the only team in Norcal capable of beating DLS and that is a fact. 

Good post as well. Folsom has enough talent to get the job done. IF Folsom brings their A game, it'll be a battle. Here's the thing, I know I sit here and say DLS this and that, but Sparty will still have to bring THEIR A game to beat Folsom as well. DLS, by playing tough comp, is just more conditioned to having to do that...even if they don't always get it done.

I'm torn. I wanna see DLS stomp Folsom😁. But I also want to see Folsom step up and make a game of this. They did it last year, maybe they can do it again...as long as DLS wins, of course. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I'm torn. I wanna see DLS stomp Folsom😁. But I also want to see Folsom step up and make a game of this. They did it last year, maybe they can do it again...as long as DLS wins, of course. 

You remind me of a band parent who once told me after a 56-7 win over South Broward: "I'm happy that they scored there at the end. Good for them!"

Really?

image.png.e3c7cd3eecf8ca04f078d0d28d943cf1.png

• Haha 5

I don’t say this to ruffle any feathers, but I’m far less confident in Folsom’s chances this season than last season. I hope I’m wrong.

I firmly believe Folsom was a deeper, more well rounded team last year. DLS seems to be as good if not better than last season.

Defensively, I think Folsom will be hard pressed to duplicate what they accomplished last time out. But can their offense perform better? 

Possibly. Not only did they blow several opportunities to score in the 2018 game, I felt they were too reliant upon forcing the ball to Joe Ngata and didn’t distribute enough to Daniyel Ngata and Elihjah Badger. If their new QB’s play better than Bennett did, they might produce better results on that side of the field.

Still, games against DLS usually boil down to line play. Can Folsom compete in that area as well as they did last year? If they can, they’ll compete well.

I just feel that their best opportunity came in 2018 and they didn’t get it done.

But l’ll for sure be rooting for them to pull off the monumental upset. I’ll just be extremely surprised if it actually happens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

I don’t say this to ruffle any feathers, but I’m far less confident in Folsom’s chances this season than last season. I hope I’m wrong.

I firmly believe Folsom was a deeper, more well rounded team last year. DLS seems to be as good if not better than last season.

Defensively, I think Folsom will be hard pressed to duplicate what they accomplished last time out. But can their offense perform better? 

Possibly. Not only did they blow several opportunities to score in the 2018 game, I felt they were too reliant upon forcing the ball to Joe Ngata and didn’t distribute enough to Daniyel Ngata and Elihjah Badger. If their new QB’s play better than Bennett did, they might produce better results on that side of the field.

Still, games against DLS usually boil down to line play. Can Folsom compete in that area as well as they did last year? If they can, they’ll compete well.

I just feel that their best opportunity came in 2018 and they didn’t get it done.

But l’ll for sure be rooting for them to pull off the monumental upset. I’ll just be extremely surprised if it actually happens.

What you said shouldn't ruffle any feathers. It's pretty accurate IMHO. Last year FEELS like it was their best chance. We'll see. Folsom has the horses to win this game. But they'll have to play at a level that's hard to get to. Just like DLS had to play to that level to beat STA. But every now and again a team will actually do it. There's no reason as to why they can't. DLS will make it tough for them. Can't wait for this game. I'd imagine you'll be there. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

What you said shouldn't ruffle any feathers. It's pretty accurate IMHO. Last year FEELS like it was their best chance. We'll see. Folsom has the horses to win this game. But they'll have to play at a level that's hard to get to. Just like DLS had to play to that level to beat STA. But every now and again a team will actually do it. There's no reason as to why they can't. DLS will make it tough for them. Can't wait for this game. I'd imagine you'll be there. 👍

Well, ruffle the feathers of the Folsom contingent and fellow NorCal’ers. But, yes, I obviously feel it’s an unbiased POV. As much as I’d like to see Folsom win it, I just don’t believe they’ve got close to the same shot as last year.

And, yes, I am planning on attending.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

You remind me of a band parent who once told me after a 56-7 win over South Broward: "I'm happy that they scored there at the end. Good for them!"

Really?

image.png.e3c7cd3eecf8ca04f078d0d28d943cf1.png

Reminds me of the definition of an optimist:

Forced to eat a sh*t sandwich a man was then asked his opinion of his meal.

His response: The bread's not bad. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I think that Folsom's D is much better this year, and the offense is as good or better.  Of Folsom's 4 SBG winners, my feeling is that 2017 and 2018 were the weakest.  All that said, I have no real confidence that Folsom will win - it is psycholgical at this point.  O line is also untested.

14 minutes ago, DogPile said:

I think that Folsom's D is much better this year, and the offense is as good or better.  Of Folsom's 4 SBG winners, my feeling is that 2017 and 2018 were the weakest.  All that said, I have no real confidence that Folsom will win - it is psycholgical at this point.  O line is also untested.

Can you elaborate more on why you think Folsom’s Offense and Defense are Both Better then Last year?...,

Would also be interested to know why you think they were “The Weakest” of Folsom’s SBG winners?...

We would all sincerely appreciate someone else from Folsom giving is some insight to the team other then @frankyjames.... 

And we allI know the most respected Folsom fan on this board @Extremely Humble Would appreciate it as well!!!...🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though, @Extremely Humble Really represents your team on here with class and the dude deserves some input from another Folsom fan not named @frankyjames or “Block”....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Can you elaborate more on why you think Folsom’s Offense and Defense are Both Better then Last year?...,

Would also be interested to know why you think they were “The Weakest” of Folsom’s SBG winners?...

We would all sincerely appreciate someone else from Folsom giving is some insight to the team other then @frankyjames.... 

And we allI know the most respected Folsom fan on this board @Extremely Humble Would appreciate it as well!!!...🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though, @Extremely Humble Really represents your team on here with class and the dude deserves some input from another Folsom fan not named @frankyjames or “Block”....

I'm confused by his whole post to be honest. '17 and '18 were the two weakest teams? Folsom's amassed talent last year was unparalleled by any other Folsom team...on both sides of the ball. Folsom's D is better THIS year? Uh...no. I've seen that defense in action. They are going to have a hard time stopping DLS in my opinion. Last year's D was much more stout and athletic along the DL and backers. And I'm really confused about his statement of the offense is better. The former head coach, Kaiden Bennett, J. Nagata, and those 2-3 D1 linemen that put up video game numbers would beg to differ. But the good news for them is that they're gonna have a chance to prove it on Fri. I'll be the first to step up and say that I was wrong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Are you coming up on Fri?

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Are you coming up on Fri?

I don’t understand  @DogPile ‘s assessment of Folsom either... Hopefully he will expand on that.... 

While Nothing would be better then to watch in Person the Spartans pull off the upset and silence the Bulldog faithful, Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch at all!!!... 

My son has a Baseball game Friday night so I will be watching 13u Travel Baseball instead of the HSFB game of the year in Nor Cal!!!....  🤣🤣.... 

I miss the good old days when Baseball was a “Spring and Summer” sport!!!...🤣🤣🤣...   

GO SPARTANS!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1