Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

5 minutes ago, 181pl said:

But it's certainly not the ideal from the old days of play for your School and represent where you live etc.

Again, someone making up their own definition of what high school football is about and then forcing it on everybody else.

I can guarantee you that the vast, VAST majority of kids on these private school teams are from the same cities, area, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Did I say recruiting jackass?  You even quoted me and didn’t get that correct.   I even stated they operate by different “rules”

There are no different rules though.

I ASSume you were talking about recruiting but I couldn't think of any "rule" that was different.

You're just clueless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

What in the world are you talking about?

Has Plant's 0-3 season made you even dumber?

🤡

talking about the legislature evening the playing field due to schools like St Thomas. I thought you had reading comprehension, guess not. Yes plant sucks this year. They're going to be 4 and 6. That's accepted. As a plant fan, I own that. at this point there's nothing we can do about it. They are under talented and they make more mistakes than the Florida State Seminoles

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

There are no different rules though.

I ASSume you were talking about recruiting but I couldn't think of any "rule" that was different.

You're just clueless.

The rule difference is the CIF allows transfers for athletic reasons.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-high-schools-transfers-20180111-story.html%3f_amp=true

Once again the SFA staff show they’re horrible and it’s all about Biff.  Does he dress like that for work?  I mean what kind of mentor his he dressing like a dam slob? Maybe he should take a note from the great Herman Boone or any other coach in a rough area on how it’s done.  Also SFA can’t close football because 60% of the student body are football players.  

And Plant is a school particularly hurt by the transfer rule. I'm sure there are dozens of kids trying to beat down the door to transfer to plant for athletics. But they can't. Plant is at full capacity. There is not room for one more kid. Because it's a very desirable 🏫 school due to its high academic performance. It is geographically located in an extremely expensive part of town. So it's very hard for kids to move into the zone.

9 minutes ago, 181pl said:

And Plant is a school particularly hurt by the transfer rule. I'm sure there are dozens of kids trying to beat down the door to transfer to plant for athletics. But they can't. Plant is at full capacity. There is not room for one more kid. Because it's a very desirable 🏫 school due to its high academic performance. It is goegraphically located in an extremely expensive part of town. So it's very hard for kids to move into the zone.

There is no housing to rent or buy in that School zone?

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I think more people, especially the college recruiters and ones that rank players, would not necessarily agree that MD had better players overall than St. Frances. 

The difference was that MD had Bryce Young and St. Frances didn’t.

I was at the game, no way is MD better than sFA player for player. MD has a special QB, SFA doesn’t. And MD’s coaching was in another level. That’s the difference, point blank. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 181pl said:

talking about the legislature evening the playing field due to schools like St Thomas.

So the Legislature passes a bad law that even you would be against.

But instead of blaming the people who actually passed it you blame others who had nothing to do with it and actually lobbied against it?

Brilliant as always, 181pl.

What's more is that you absolve the cynical and selfish reaction of a single region because of their failure to win athletic championships.

You are pitiful.

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The rule difference is the CIF allows transfers for athletic reasons. 

Which just means that people don't have to lie to transfer their kid.

This rule difference means nothing.

If a kid wanted to transfer from a Houston public to St. Thomas Catholic, he could. Houston has several prominent private schools that could do the same.

You rail against privates at every turn and then you try to make excuses for their lack of success.

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So the Legislature passes a bad law that even you would be against.

But instead of blaming the people who actually passed it you blame others who had nothing to do with it and actually lobbied against it?

Brilliant as always, 181pl.

What's more is that you absolve the cynical and selfish reaction of a single region because of their failure to win athletic championships.

You are pitiful.

You continue to be sad clown who only sees the world through blue and gold colored glasses. It's not necessarily a bad law. It just had bad consequences for a school like Plant. Oh well. Those are the breaks.

It did meet it's intended consequence, which was to even the playing field at the top.  But it also creates a bevy of mediocre to terrible football programs, because the few talented kids on a particular team will bail and join forces with talented players from other teams to have immediate success.

15 minutes ago, 181pl said:

And Plant is a school particularly hurt by the transfer rule. I'm sure there are dozens of kids trying to beat down the door to transfer to plant for athletics. But they can't.

The 4 most prominent players in the history of Plant football were all transfers.

So I'm with you. Plant isn't shit without those transfers they used to get.

But the new rules only regulate transfers from other counties. The in-county transfers are regulated the exact same as before 2017. So the Hillsborough County School Board still rules.

• Like 1

Just now, The Guru said:

Which just means that people don't have to lie to transfer their kid.

This rule difference means nothing.

If a kid wanted to transfer from a Houston public to St. Thomas Catholic, he could. Houston several prominent private schools that could do the same.

You rail against privates at every turn and then you try to make excuses for their lack of success.

You were wrong and got called out.  You pulled recruiting from your ass until I pointed to the actual rule difference.

i don’t have a problem with how privates operate...its perfectly legal.  I just call out when others try to deny what it is or act as if the rules are universal 

now get lost and quit following behind me like a lost puppy.  I’m done throwing you a bone for today

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

I was at the game, no way is MD better than sFA player for player. MD has a special QB, SFA doesn’t. And MD’s coaching was in another level. That’s the difference, point blank. 

I was also at the game and sitting 20 feet from the SFA sideline. Agree to disagree. SFA had two or three guys that were huge, like #72 who looked like he was maybe 6'6 350+, but in general a lot of their linemen were carrying bad weight and apart from their sheer mass didn't seem overly impressive. MD looked more impressive to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You were wrong and got called out.  You pulled recruiting from your ass until I pointed to the actual rule difference.

I wasn't wrong because there are no rule differences.

You're just trying to cover for Texas teams not being elite.

What you cited is the equivalent of the pre-9/11 luggage question they used to ask at the airport: "Did you pack your own bag?"

🤡

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The 4 most prominent players in the history of Plant football were all transfers.

So I'm with you. Plant isn't shit without those transfers they used to get.

But the new rules only regulate transfers from other counties. The in-county transfers are regulated the exact same as before 2017. So the Hillsborough County School Board still rules.

Not sure Marve was a transfer. He started as a sophomore and he grew up six blocks from Plant. Right next door to one of my best friends. Murray transferred over as a sophomore. Wilder transferred over as a junior. Orson Charles transferred over as a senior. So you take one or two significant senior transfers in Plant's history and compare that to St Thomas. A school that is notorious for having great  players come over for a semester.

You're a pathetic schill.

8 minutes ago, 181pl said:

You continue to be sad clown who only sees the world through blue and gold colored glasses. It's not necessarily a bad law. It just had bad consequences for a school like Plant. Oh well. Those are the breaks.

It's a bad law that doesn't do anything to hurt schools like STA.

It's sole purpose was to settle a local squabble between Polk County schools.

It's a pathetic waste of time and effort to satiate one silly State Legislator.