Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

24 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

You need to read up on The Art of Sandbagging. Here, let me help.

I can easily see this being a trap game for Mater Dei. They're likely still riding the high of their complete destruction of SFA. It also doesn't help that they have to travel 3,000 miles and 3 time zones to face a hungry SJC team who feel like they have something to prove after losing to all three teams with a pulse that they've played this year. Mater Dei needs to be careful not to look passed SJC to their showdown with SJB on 10/25. I think Mater Dei has too big an edge in talent, scheme and coaching for them to lose, but I think it will be closer than most expect.

No trap what so ever.  BY and Coach R will have them focused and ready to do worse than what they did to SFA.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, Bestcoast said:

Well then they would have to let them into the school if they lived in the school boundaries.

do you know the housing cost in SoCal ? I promise you it’s way more expensive then anywhere in Florida 

Which is why some kids at some of your highest ranked schools ride 2 hours or so with the coach to get to school?

On 9/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, 181pl said:

And Plant is a school particularly hurt by the transfer rule. I'm sure there are dozens of kids trying to beat down the door to transfer to plant for athletics. But they can't. Plant is at full capacity. There is not room for one more kid. Because it's a very desirable 🏫 school due to its high academic performance. It is geographically located in an extremely expensive part of town. So it's very hard for kids to move into the zone.

You guys have to get creative like the top schools in the country did. 

You  and a few friends need to turn your attics into apartments and rent them for the cheap to the best football players you can find. 

The room in the school thing is simple. Shit on a couple of kids that would normally be on the team in some fashion so they transfer out on their own to play somewhere else. If that doesn't work, you might have to get even more shady. 

Easy peasy. 

It's just as doable as getting Texas to travel to SJB...

You just have to be shady and want to really bad. 

11 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Name them

You name them. 

I can't remember their names. Not from Cali. The article was posted here. I'm too lazy and/or don't care enough to go scrounging around for it. 

Why not just answer the question? Like, is the expense of the area why they ride in with coaches from a couple of hours away? 

Damn trolls. 

Two on one is not nice. Lol.

So I actually have to go find the damned article to satisfy trolls, one that is supposedly from Cali and doesn't even know some shit I know and the other that's just simply an antagonist. 

Very well then. 

🤡 

That's what constant trolling and barely reading gets you. Stupidity. 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You name them. 

I can't remember their names. Not from Cali. The article was posted here. I'm too lazy and/or don't care enough to go scrounging around for it. 

Why not just answer the question? Like, is the expense of the area why they ride in with coaches from a couple of hours away? 

I’ve lived in California all my life and have not known a single HS athlete to travel 2 hours each way to go to school. I’d be interested if you were able to inform who and when this took place.

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

I’ve lived in California all my life and have not known a single HS athlete to travel 2 hours each way to go to school. I’d be interested if you were able to inform who and when this took place.

Thanks in advance

It was literally in an article on the Trinity league. I almost want to say the qb at SJB is one, but can't remember for sure. 

Someone posted the article here. I can't remember who or what thread. It was some weeks back. 

I'm looking though. Just to satisfy fucking trolls. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was literally in an article on the Trinity league. I almost want to say the qb at SJB is one, but can't remember for sure. 

Someone posted the article here. I can't remember who or what thread. It was some weeks back. 

The only kid that ever traveled like that was a QB from Loyola in the early 2000s. He took a train to school.  He was a 5'8 latino whose entire family went to school there,  and he made his family let him go there.  Name escapes me

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

The only kid that ever traveled like that was a QB from Loyola in the early 2000s. He took a train to school.  He was a 5'8 latino whose entire family went to school there,  and he made his family let him go there.  Name escapes me

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-sep-21-sp-48069-story.html%3f_amp=true

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If it was the article claiming 71 transfers to MD that was full of misinformation and straight out lies

6 hours ago, steeler01 said:

If it was the times, I've exceeded my limit for the month already. Lol. 

The story mentioned two players riding in with coaches over some long distance. 

It's not a big deal to me, just was asking a question of that guy that jumps on that bestcoast profile to troll. 

Brookwood School in Thomasville sends a van/bus about 45 minutes to a church just across the Colquitt County line from southside Thomasville to pick up kids. The parents only need get them to there, but they have to find their own way home from Brookwood. 

If a parent lived where I do in Colquitt County, that kid would be commuting close to an hour and a half to get to Brookwood and traffic isn't terrible here like it could be in the area where those kids are allegedly commuting. 

The three closest football playing privates to Moultrie are more than a half hour away in a direct shot. I'd say Westwood in Camilla is the closest at about 40 minutes from downtown Moultrie. Brookwood and Valwood are probably both over that by a good few minutes. Closer to an hour.

It doesn't seem too far out of left field for that 2 hour commute story to be legit to me. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, Texasfrog said:

LMAO...  St.Frances is the #2 best team in the nation...   Ok, go look for the Ocean Front property in North Dakota too.   Great deals!!

On 9/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, Texasfrog said:

Mater Dei has a 16 point win over a team that travels 3,000 miles across country to play a game that ends at 1AM East Coast time.

Poor showing if you ask me!!

Against a team SFA that can't throw a 10 yard pass.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, badrouter said:

There are a grand, aggregate total of one team(s) that can lay claim to being definitively better than SFA. And that team buses players in daily from outside of the the county the school is located in, and their coach has one of the finest toupees you'll ever lay eyes on.

And the toupee is only his 3rd best feature.

• Haha 1