Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Dummy, I've grown up in this area and lived here my entire life. I have a better grasp of the real estate market in my own area than an idiot like you or somebody from out of state.

But that doesn't have anything to do with you making up numbers about schools in a county 3+ hours away.

🤡

44 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I was also at the game and sitting 20 feet from the SFA sideline. Agree to disagree. SFA had two or three guys that were huge, like #72 who looked like he was maybe 6'6 350+, but in general a lot of their linemen were carrying bad weight and apart from their sheer mass didn't seem overly impressive. MD looked more impressive to me.

That’s called coaching. MD had a much better scheme, and were better conditioned. But I would be willing to bet that SFA has more kids who makes noise at the next level than MD. 

Just now, The Guru said:

They transferred though. Didn't stop them.

Now maybe there's a more rigorous "approval" process in Texas. But here and other places it's merely a paperwork thing. Any "review" is only if there's a dispute later on.

There's no proactive pre-screening process.

Who cares about proactive screening.  That never was my argument nor is it needed

any varsity transfer must have a transfer form signed off from the losing school, stating cause, etc. if a coach/admin says it’s all good and meets the criteria then no questions asked.  If not,then it’s reviewed by the gaining district executive committee composed of reps from each school. They review and approve or deny. If denied then a student can appeal at the state level...the UIL

Obviously transfers happen, but many are denied too. Remove the transfer for athletic reasons and that’s one less major hurdle removed.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Lakeland has always been able to do that.

And last year's Lakeland teams wasn't as good as the 2005-06 teams.

Certainly didn't change the outcome of the game. STA is to blame for that loss. Nobody else.

Only you can take a game where your team is down three touchdowns, 19 points, with ~2 minutes to play and somehow conclude your team should have won.

🤡

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Because without it your argument is completely meaningless.

Again, if it's not pre-screened then it's completely useless. People will tell the school want they need to in order to transfer.

This is exactly why the transfer for athletic reasons was approved here.Everyone knew the transfers were for athletic reasons but people just lied and said it wasn’t and who could prove otherwise.So they just cut out the BS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Lol you’re a funny dude

go ahead and look up real estate in South Tampa. There are not many apartments in the plant district. Mainly single family homes. There are some small pockets of apartments and most of them are extremely overpriced for what you get. Real estate in South Tampa is out of hand. And remember the plant district is not all of South Tampa it's from just north of Kennedy boulevard to Euclid avenue.

20 minutes ago, Ararar said:

This is exactly why the transfer for athletic reasons was approved here.Everyone knew the transfers were for athletic reasons but people just lied and said it wasn’t and who could prove otherwise.So they just cut out the BS

And for "athletic purposes" is vague as well. What if it's 50% for athletic purposes? Is that against the rules?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You’re making my points. They’re forced to play the “weak sisters” because very few teams around the nation are courageous enough to schedule them. You doubting their prowess due to an away loss to MD is ridiculous. What will you say next if they run the table from this point on? They will certainly still be considered an elite team with a loss to MD. 

Biff has had "elite" teams before. He could have stayed at Gilman if that was all he wanted. He doesn't want to be elite, he wants to win a national championship. Anything short of this is a failure for him. This loss is a failure for him. Over the past 11 seasons Poggi is 1-15 against higher ranked teams. They cannot beat teams when the talent level is equal, that was the point I was trying to make. He's a great coach when he's trotting out 5 future NFL players against a bunch of lower level prospects and lacrosse players. Not so much when other teams are playing with the same deck.

15 hours ago, old_e said:

Again with the time zone excuses.  I didn't see a single SF player sleep walking or sleeping on the bench.  SJB has traveled to Ohio, New Jersey,  DC, and Hawaii and took care of business. 

Exactly. Don’t College and NFL teams travel all over the country to different time zones or am I just imagining that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I tried to tell him that but he accused me of taking it out of context 😂 

no he practically conceded at halftime 😂

Literally went to bed shorty after that 🤣 I’m usually a great thread updater but after a coach checks out I’m gone too 

Great win for Cali Fornia . Game went similar to the way I imagined. Better coached with an elite playmaker at QB. Mater Dei wins the natty again

17 hours ago, Kingwill said:

Lol are u making quote up for effect..

23 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

IMG did the same and still nearly took Mater Dei out. Seeing as St. Francis was supposed to somehow be “better”, the same outcome was expected. St Francis’ coach said it himself. “They’re (Mater Dei) in a different league than we are.”

I just watched it. 

He tapped out at halftime. He said that they had been outcoached and they had to do a better job. He also said what you posted that MD is in a different league from them