Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

10 minutes ago, 181pl said:

But it also creates a bevy of mediocre to terrible football programs, because the few talented kids on a particular team will bail and join forces with talented players from other teams to have immediate success.

Those teams existed already.

Kids and parents were bailing on those schools for years before this law passed.

5 minutes ago, 181pl said:

You're pathetic schill.

I'm honest and would never use the Legislature to settle a local dispute to the detriment of potentially every school board in the state.

It's pathetic and Kelli Stargel and all of the other clowns in Polk County should be ashamed.

But they're not because they're not capable of shame.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I wasn't wrong because there are no rule differences.

You're just trying to cover for Texas teams not being elite.

What you cited is the equivalent of the pre-9/11 luggage question they used to ask at the airport: "Did you pack your own bag?"

🤡

Repeating there are no rule differences doesn’t make it so.  (I already posted proof) This is just another attempt by you to get attention.  

I could not careless what you deem as elite. I don’t value some 🤡 that begs to be able to post and be a part of the conversation ALL THE TIME.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

Repeating there are no rule differences doesn’t make it so.  (I already posted proof) This is just another attempt by you to get attention.

Your "rule difference" never stopped a single person from transferring who really wanted to.

See, I'm actually interested in reality. Not a story that I can sell.

You just want to sell piety and get people to believe that there's a difference.

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Your "rule difference" never stopped a single person from transferring who really wanted to.

See, I'm actually interested in reality. Not a story that I can sell.

You just want to sell piety and get people to believe that there's a difference.

No rule or policy is 100% safe proof.  That’s a silly notion even for you.  But a school would rather operate in the open and freely than to have to constantly look over their shoulder by skating around a rule.  I can name 5 impact players that were denied transfers in TX this season bc it was deemed athletic. 

That was a nice burden lifted off the shoulders of MD and SJB.  Like I said, it’s not a bad move, it is what it is.  

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

He was.

As was Aaron Murray, Orson Charles and James Wilder.

Who played a combined 9 seasons for plant. So shut up you moron. You guys have more offseason transfers in one year than Plant gets in a decade.

Your panties are still in a bunch because Lakeland is getting transfers hand-over-fist and they are going to kick that ass again and you can't handle it. Sorry, that's life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Who played a combined 9 seasons for plant. So shut up you moron.

I love it.

If I counted up the number of seasons that STAs transfers had played it would usually come out to the majority of their high school career.

But that wouldn't be satisfactory to you.

But Plant's transfers are mentioned? "They played 9 seasons for Plant!"

Typical assclown.

Rails against everybody's transfers but has perfectly "good" explanations for their own.

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Your panties are still in a bunch because Lakeland is getting transfers hand-over-fist and they are going to kick that ass again and you can't handle it. Sorry, that's life.

Lakeland has always been able to do that.

And last year's Lakeland teams wasn't as good as the 2005-06 teams.

Certainly didn't change the outcome of the game. STA is to blame for that loss. Nobody else.

Time to update this:

Gilman in the Straight Cash Poggi Era (2009-2015; when they really ramped up recruiting in earnest):

- 4 Top 51 Rankings (2010-2012; 2015)

Non-Conference:

- 19 wins, 11 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 18-0

- Record versus higher ranked teams:  1-11

- Record versus Top 100 teams: 2-11

- Record versus teams outside the Top 100: 17-0

Conference:

- 34 wins, 4 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 34-3

- Record versus higher ranked teams: 0-1

- Record versus Top 100 teams: N/A

- Record versus teams outside the Top 100: 34-4

Add in the staff's record since moving to Saint Biff Poggi Academy for Poor Orphaned Homeless Children Who Also Happen to Be 6'6, 340 Pound Stud Football Players Coincidentally (2016-2019)

- 3 Top 5 Rankings (2017-19), 1 Top 80 Ranking (2016)

- 36 wins, 3 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 36-0

- Record versus higher ranked teams: 0-3

- Record versus Top 100 teams: 3-3 (0-2 versus top 15 teams when they were ranked top 10 or higher)

- Record versus teams outside the top 100: 33-0

So yeah, they can beat up on the weak sisters but when someone punches at their weight or higher their deficiencies show up big time. A mark of poor coaching to be sure.

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Lakeland has always been able to do that.

And last year's Lakeland teams wasn't as good as the 2005-06 teams.

Certainly didn't change the outcome of the game. STA is to blame for that loss. Nobody else.

Let's see how they do this year. Those two are clearly the best two teams in the class. I'm expecting a good game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Says the guy who does zero research before running his mouth with made up statistics and deranged theories.

Dummy, I've grown up in this area and lived here my entire life. I have a better grasp of the real estate market in my own area than an idiot like you or somebody from out of state.

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I know of 5 impact cases where it did this season.  The kids had already transferred, practiced and were ready to play and were denied eligibility.  

They transferred though. Didn't stop them.

Now maybe there's a more rigorous "approval" process in Texas. But here and other places it's merely a paperwork thing. Any "review" that is done is only if there's a dispute later on.

There's no proactive pre-screening process.

4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Let's see how they do this year.

Would be nice to win

But doesn't matter in the long run.

Lakeland was desperate to win again and will probably do this as long as Castle is around. But once he's gone they'll regress and STA will still be STA because it;s a much better school/organization.

• Haha 1