Longview TX vs West Monroe LA 9/20

Horsefly

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeeeah Longview has played in Shreveport a lot.  They even played a Texas High School playoff game there.

They have a decent following in Shreveport since the area covers a few of the East Texas schools (Atlanta, Liberty-Eylau, Carthage, Gilmer, Marshall, Waskom, Longview, Texas High, etc.)

As for this game...Rebs have pride.  But they dont have the balance Longview has.

Longview 31 West Monroe 14

We will see if Longview plays good run defense.  If not this game will be much closer.

If Longview is even remotely close to top 5 overall in Texas this game will be a rout. 

Louisiana teams don’t see the type  of offenses Texas produces. That’s why the games between the states have been mismatches for decades. 

West Monroe is as close to a Texas team as Louisiana gets in terms of roster size, stadium and resources. But the Jimmys and Joes will ultimately do them in. 

Haynes King will have a field day with West Monroe’s punter at Linebacker. Lol. 

Longview wins big. 42-14

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If Longview is even remotely close to top 5 overall in Texas this game will be a rout. 

Louisiana teams don’t see the type  of offenses Texas produces. That’s why the games between the states have been mismatches for decades. 

West Monroe is as close to a Texas team as Louisiana gets in terms of roster size, stadium and resources. But the Jimmys and Joes will ultimately do them in. 

Haynes King will have a field day with West Monroe’s punter at Linebacker. Lol. 

Longview wins big. 42-14

Yeah I'm sure Kings 8-18 for 110 yards against winless John Tyler has them shaking in their boots.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Yeah I'm sure Kings 8-18 for 110 yards against winless John Tyler has them shaking in their boots.

John Tyler would be top 5 in Louisiana. I’m telling you there is a YUGE disparity with the states. It’s almost unfair. West Monroe won’t cross the 50 on the first team. 

WM scores 2 touchdowns late in the 4th on the second and third team while the starters are laughing on the sidelines squirting Gatorade at each other and posing with fans in the crowd 😂

20 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Is it possible just possible it was was his past teammates that graduated that got him that ranking and not himself, cause I know for a fact atleast 3 Texas QBs better than the #1 QB in nation from Longview 

I mean he supposedly did well camping but some guys just don't transfer well into game situations.

I'll go 28-10 Longview.

Despite 40 PPG average, we haven't seen Longview's full potential offensively, yet. Although statistically they are on par with where they were this same time last season. There are alot of weapons on Longview's offense. Right now, I'd say they are pretty good offensively but they will be deadly on that side of the ball when October hits.

Defensively however....this is probably the best Longview defense since John King became HC in 2004. Which says alot, he's had some good ones, but none on this level that I've seen. That front 7 is big, talented and fast, which is bad news for WM if they think they're just gonna run down Longview's throat.

Very good special teams as well.

I think the Longview offense could score more points but ultimately will be slowed down by stupid federation rules.

28-10 Longview.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

cause I know for a fact atleast 3 Texas QBs better than the #1 QB in nation from Longview 

People see a dude have 1 bad game and all of a sudden he's a scrub. lol casual. 

Name the 3 QBs better than him in TX and I guarantee you they have all had bad games, you just didnt see it live on ESPN.

Even Tom Brady has had awful games. Happens.

58 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

I mean he supposedly did well camping but some guys just don't transfer well into game situations.

Dude had one of the highest if not the highest completion percentages in Texas last year.

Threw for almost 4K yards. At places like Katy, Longview, Euless Trinity where they run a bunch of I-Form, run first offenses, that is unheard of.

Won his program the 1st state title they'd seen in 81 years. So many accoloades...

He aint no damn camp athlete lol 

6 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Dude had one of the highest if not the highest completion percentages in Texas last year.

Threw for almost 4K yards. At places like Katy, Longview, Euless Trinity where they run a bunch of I-Form, run first offenses, that is unheard of.

Won his program the 1st state title they'd seen in 81 years. So many accoloades...

He aint no damn camp athlete lol 

Shit put one hand behind my back and I’ll throw for 600 yards against these teams, with my Left hand

14 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

People see a dude have 1 bad game and all of a sudden he's a scrub. lol casual. 

Name the 3 QBs better than him in TX and I guarantee you they have all had bad games, you just didnt see it live on ESPN.

Even Tom Brady has had awful games. Happens.

It’s not that he had a bad game it’s that he had a bad game against John Tyler 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yeah but he doesn't do it against scrubs like John Tyler.

So, he wont have a good game this year according to you?

Because, Longview plays plenty of teams better than them this season.

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s not that he had a bad game it’s that he had a bad game against John Tyler 

His worst games have always been against JT. It's a rivalry and matchups play a role.

He had a bad game vs them his sophomore year....led Longview to the semis.

He did 'okay' vs them last year, led Longview to state championship.

1 bad game out of 16 doesnt make someone a scrub lol 

4 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

His worst games have always been against JT. It's a rivalry and matchups play a role.

He had a bad game vs them his sophomore year....led Longview to the semis.

He did 'okay' vs them last year, led Longview to state championship.

1 bad game out of 16 doesnt make someone a scrub lol 

Congrats 🎉 you got a Camp Superstar