DeMatha 42 St. Ignatius 0

BigDrop

2 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Let`s be real......It`s time to put the Ohio beast to rest. This could easily be 50-0 at the half..........A big difference in speed at the skill positions......athleticism.........I`d like to see Desmet Jesuit, Mo. play a MD. team...it couldn`t be any worse.....

Iggy beat Hoban last week who were Ohio #1. Will be really interesting to see DM against SJC, Gonzaga and Good Counsel.  

• Like 1

Just now, abbatt said:

Makes you realize how good tier 1 teams like St.John Bosco...MD  really are.

Remember DM held the SJB QB to something like 4-15 for 50 yards at halftime.  DM also had what could have been a safety or fumble recovery for a td nullified in the first quarter.  SJB went on to score.  My point is the halftime would have been even.

When I saw this game on the schedule before the season I figured Ignatius would be in for a long day. But their results the past few weeks gave me some hope they could escape with a win on the east coast. Turns out my original thoughts are coming to fruition. Couldn't have started any worse. Lloyd gashes the defense for long score on his first carry after breaking a tackle in the backfield. Ignatius snaps the ball into the motion man on their first offensive play from scrimmage and turn it over. DeMatha takes advantage of the short field with a heavy dose of Lloyd who would find the endzone for his second TD. Ignatius throws a pick on an errant throw into coverage on their second series.  But then the Ignatius defense put together several nice defensive series, finally showing they could wrap Lloyd up. However, their offense just could not convert on third downs and two long FG attempts came up empty.  Then the Stags bust two more long runs for TD's. Now their QB is hurt and they turn to a sophomore. This one looks done. Gonna be a long trip back to Ohio. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

Iggy beat Hoban last week who were Ohio #1. Will be really interesting to see DM against SJC, Gonzaga and Good Counsel.  

After watching both Dematha and OLGC in person, I came away very impressed.  The WCAC is clearly a top league in the Country.  Would put teams from this league up against anyone not named MD/SJB.  Throw in SFA and the MD/DC area is in the argument for being as good or better than Greater Dallas or Houston

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Remember DM held the SJB QB to something like 4-15 for 50 yards at halftime.  DM also had what could have been a safety or fumble recovery for a td nullified in the first quarter.  SJB went on to score.  My point is the halftime would have been even.

That is simply not accurate.  I was at the game.  SJB held themselves.  DJ was missing wide open receivers with un hurried throws into the ground.   Week 0 normal first half issues

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That is simply not accurate.  I was at the game.  SJB held themselves.  DJ was missing wide open receivers with un hurried throws into the ground. 

My criticism then of the DM qb.  The yardage and completions for the SJB qb are close.  He had a poor first half.

SJB was far superior in the second half.

3 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Big Drop....Kudo`s to Hoban for leading Iggy`s  35-10 last week....but Iggy came back and out-scored Hoban 32-6 to win....It `s not gonna happen today...When i posted a week ago that MD ...Bosco could beat the top teams in the Midwest 70-0.....I think it was pretty accurate.

Hoban crapped the bed for sure. They are far more talented than Ignatius. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

After watching both Dematha and OLGC in person, I came away very impressed.  The WCAC is clearly a top league in the Country.  Would put teams from this league up against anyone not named MD/SJB.  Throw in SFA and the MD/DC area is in the argument for being as good or better than Greater Dallas or Houston

MD/DC is still new to this. 10 years ago this was a one team town with not too many OOS wins. The coaching staffs are still learning how to use the talent on the roster. I really would like to see DeMatha make another trip out to the Trinity League in two years when the freshman QB is ready. Same goes for SJC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NicholasMalibu said:

MD/DC is still new to this. 10 years ago this was a one team town with not too many OOS wins. The coaching staffs are still learning how to use the talent on the roster. I really would like to see DeMatha make another trip out to the Trinity League in two years when the freshman QB is ready. Same goes for SJC.

ARe you going to attend the SJC vs The Stache next week game.