DeMatha 42 St. Ignatius 0

BigDrop

On 9/16/2019 at 10:20 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Cant believe Texas is actually traveling.  Good for them.   Kudos to Longview.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, Horsefly said:

Get a clue, TX plays in this showdown every year and it’s in LA

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not once.  Due to that fact that I refrain from commenting until I have at minimum a rudimentary knowledge of the subject. 

Yup.  I sure as heckfire refrain from posting until I have at a minimum a rudimentary knowledge ...

Oh wait.  Sorry.

• Haha 2

According to a post on the Ohio Yappi board St. Ignatius has only been shutout four times in the last 28 years.  The last was in 2006 against Cincinnati St. Xavier.  The largest point loss was 44-10 against Jabril Peppers and Paramus Catholic in 2013.  It is possible this was Iggy’s worst loss under Kyle-at least dating back into the ‘80’s.

14 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

According to a post on the Ohio Yappi board St. Ignatius has only been shutout four times in the last 28 years.  The last was in 2006 against Cincinnati St. Xavier.  The largest point loss was 44-10 against Jabril Peppers and Paramus Catholic in 2013.  It is possible this was Iggy’s worst loss under Kyle-at least dating back into the ‘80’s.

Iggy has been blown out by DBP, SJP, Paramus, and now Dematha. 

For whatever reason Iggy sucks in these OOS matchups. Obviously the other teams were definitely much better and deserve most of the credit, but Iggy hasn't been nearly as bad as most of these OOS scores indicate. 

Even the close game against Paramus that went into OT.....Iggy completely shit the bed on that one. Kyle made some boneheaded calls and lost the game.

6 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Iggy has been blown out by DBP, SJP, Paramus, and now Dematha. 

For whatever reason Iggy sucks in these OOS matchups. Obviously the other teams were definitely much better and deserve most of the credit, but Iggy hasn't been nearly as bad as most of these OOS scores indicate. 

Even the close game against Paramus that went into OT.....Iggy completely shit the bed on that one. Kyle made some boneheaded calls and lost the game.

DeMatha crushed USA #2 Miami Central in ‘15 38-14 at the same stadium as today.  DM was rolled at STA last year and against SJR at West Zpoint four or five years ago.  Travelling makes a difference.

11 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

MD/DC is still new to this. 10 years ago this was a one team town with not too many OOS wins. The coaching staffs are still learning how to use the talent on the roster. I really would like to see DeMatha make another trip out to the Trinity League in two years when the freshman QB is ready. Same goes for SJC.

Gilman was doing the OOS thing more often than DeMatha 10 years ago. If you’re talking the DC area as being a one team town, that’s not true either. Have you forgot about the Diggs Good Counsel teams?  Dm wasn’t even on top of the WCAC and didn’t play a lot of OOS teams. Md/DC teams(GC and Gilman) were the leaders of the OOS movement during that era. 

3 hours ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Gilman was doing the OOS thing more often than DeMatha 10 years ago. If you’re talking the DC area as being a one team town, that’s not true either. Have you forgot about the Diggs Good Counsel teams?  Dm wasn’t even on top of the WCAC and didn’t play a lot of OOS teams. Md/DC teams(GC and Gilman) were the leaders of the OOS movement during that era. 

It alternated. I never said DM was always that one team. Now you have 5 teams in the top 50. This is the result of what has happened at our youth level. I’m sure you know that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

I remember Diggs in that game against X in 2010. One of those guys who was on a completely different level than everyone else on the field, and you just knew you'd see him on Sundays one day. 

The WCAC has definitely established itself as one of the premier conferences in the country over the past decade, and the willingness to go OOS and play the best teams from the top states has increased the level of play. The talent has always been there, now they are starting to play up to the talent level. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

It alternated. I never said DM was always that one team. Now you have 5 teams in the top 50. This is the result of what has happened at our youth level. I’m sure you know that. 

I'm a big fan of the WCAC.  This league is trending up.  Was impressed with the size of the players, and the coaching.  Also the fans were passionate and knowledgeable.  Expect good things to continue from this bunch.  The WCAC top teams are on par with DLS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Oh ok, I misunderstood what you were saying my fault. 

DM obviously was the first to ever have an OOS game, but then they didn’t for years. Then Gilman and GC did it pretty frequently, now there’s many schools doing it. But a handful doing it on a large level. 

• Like 1