DeMatha 42 St. Ignatius 0

BigDrop

43 minutes ago, The Guru said:

They played Toledo (OH) Waite, Baltimore (MD) City College, Atlanta (GA) Boys, Garfield (NJ), Salem (MA), Stivers (OH), Harrison (IL) Tech, Elmira (NY), Knoxville (TN), Wilmington (NC), Chattanooga (TN) Central, among others.

I remember Waite now.  They were MNC in 1932, and that was the year they went down and beat Miami, right?

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

NOLA Jesuit beat state champ Mount Carmel, IL in 1944 or 1945. I'll have to check it out later.

Those Jesuit teams were nasty back then.

Surprised they never played Miami High.

They were too busy playing garbage Pensacola teams. Even though Pensacola did chop down 2 Jesuit State Champ teams. 

Jesuit played all garbage Pensacola teams. 

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

Miami High was playing major OOS games back in the 1930s and 1940s.

Everybody thinks that their steam started the major OOS game movement. It's not true.

Yeah it goes back further than that. 

In 1921 Duval High,FL won the national championship, beating teams from 5 different states. 

Florida (of course) 

Georgia (beat Colquitt 😂)

South Carolina 

Alabama 

Ohio 

On 9/22/2019 at 12:21 PM, WCACFan said:

Iggy looked like a youth league team playing DM yesterday.  DM has another similar game next week.  Telling you all, wait till they play Gonzaga the following week.  We shall see whether DM has improved or if they just have had an easy schedule. 

I have been very interested in DM. So I followed for a while, if I’m not mistaken didn’t max preps give them the 9th toughest schedule in highschool this year.  They were also picked to lose this game by max preps, and USA Today. I think they are legit. There defense is really good..

• Like 1

"Intersectional" games go back at least as far as Hyde Park vs. Poly Prep in Chicago in 1902. It's been all downhill for Illinois since Hyde Park's 105-0 victory that day. There were plenty of Midwest vs. Northeast games in the early 1900's and Chicago teams made trips out west prior to 1910 as well.

Here is a very long article about Illinois teams and their OOS games from more than 100 years ago:

https://www.ihsa.org/archive/hstoric/football_intersec.htm?NOCACHE=11:37:31 AM

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MA Fan said:

"Intersectional" games go back at least as far as Hyde Park vs. Poly Prep in Chicago in 1902. It's been all downhill for Illinois since Hyde Park's 105-0 victory that day. There were plenty of Midwest vs. Northeast games in the early 1900's and Chicago teams made trips out west prior to 1910 as well.

Here is a very long article about Illinois teams and their OOS games from more than 100 years ago:

https://www.ihsa.org/archive/hstoric/football_intersec.htm?NOCACHE=11:37:31 AM

That was a great read thanks for sharing. 

The only other Illinois against Florida games I didn’t see was Landon High from Jacksonville split a home and home series with Pekin,IL back in the 30s or 40s 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:23 PM, Braveheart said:

I have been very interested in DM. So I followed for a while, if I’m not mistaken didn’t max preps give them the 9th toughest schedule in highschool this year.  They were also picked to lose this game by max preps, and USA Today. I think they are legit. There defense is really good..

D and O lines are legit this year.  Don't know who at MaxPreps and USA Today picked Iggy to win that game.  Sheesh!