The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

28 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Ok, talk about Oakland's talent then.....being you have totally disregarded the fact they have played the worst schedule in high school football....

If I show you much more talented teams that are 4-0 and have played solid schedules you will look pretty silly, man.

I'll give you a chance though.

The floor is yours.

Sell that Oakland talent.

Oakland doesn't have a top 500 win since August 25, 2017.

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Curtis hasn't dodged anyone and has no place in an Oakland discussion. Don't be one of those clowns with hurt feelings.

Ok, talk about Oakland's talent then.....being you have totally disregarded the fact they have played the worst schedule in high school football....

If I show you much more talented teams that are 4-0 and have played solid schedules you will look pretty silly, man.

The floor is yours.

Dude, we’re not talking about a top tier powerhouse like MD,SJB, or IMG. We are talking about a team that was top 20-40 last year and are currently top 20-40 this year. A defending big class state champion that rolled through the playoffs and returns enough talent to do it again. Maryville or Whitehaven might have something to say about it, though. We’ll just have to wait and see. Nobody in Tennessee wants to schedule them unless they have to. Just because they didn’t venture OOS this year doesn’t mean I’m going to penalize them. They have a good QB and a nasty defense. 
My track record with picking which teams will beat others has been proven over the years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Dude, we’re not talking about a top tier powerhouse like MD,SJB, or IMG. We are talking about a team that was top 20-40 last year and are currently top 20-40 this year. A defending big class state champion that rolled through the playoffs and returns enough talent to do it again.

This is perfect illustration of your incompetence.

Oakland didn't beat a swinging dick last year and, even then, managed to only split a pair of games with Maryville.

A team whose best win was outside the top 500, and managed a loss to that same team, was somehow top 20-40 last year?

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, The Guru said:

This is perfect illustration of your incompetence.

Oakland didn't beat a swinging dick last year and, even then, managed to only split a pair of games with Maryville.

A team whose best win was outside the top 500, and managed a loss to that same team, was somehow top 20-40 last year?

🤡

The Lazy polls love those small market teams.  You can always find way to many ranked every year.

21 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

My track record with picking which teams will beat others has been proven over the years. 

😄

What does this have to do with the subject?

Who cares if you can pick which crappy Tennessee team is going to beat another? None of them should be in the top 50, at the very least, and probably not even top 100.

• Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

They smoked Maryville and Whitehaven back to back to win state just last year! 

Maryville is garbage. They lost to freakin' Alcoa.

Whitehaven is worse than garbage. They lost 4 times last year including to a team named Lausanne Collegiate who I thought was from Switzerland until I double checked.

• Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Your track record is placing these types of Tennessee teams entirely too high in your poll then offering nothing/zero as evidence. You've done it several times.

...a #29 ranking is considered highly regarded and you have Oakland, TN there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Your track record is placing these types of Tennessee teams entirely too high in your poll then offering nothing/zero as evidence. You've done it several times.

...a #29 ranking is considered highly regarded and you have Oakland, TN there.

Seems like every year I call you on it.....you then tell me you are the pick 'em champ.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Curtis hasn't dodged anyone and has no place in an Oakland discussion. Don't be one of those clowns with hurt feelings.

The floor is yours.

Columbia tried 2 separate times during the off-season to schedule John Curtis (I know this because I was helping Columbia try to find games and i even suggested John Curtis to one of the coaches and the coach informed me they tried already and was declined)

And before you say "Columbia isn't relevant enough for John Curtis to schedule" i guarantee you we are a hell a lot more relevant an opponent to play then Lake Placid, most polls have Columbia top 100 nationally and FHSF has Columbia top 3 in FL and I haven't seen a single FL poll that they weren't minimum top 25 in FL

Lake Placid is not even top 150 in FL and not even top 1000 nationally

John Curtis is definitely talented and a strong program in Louisiana but playing Lake Placid when there were much better options available is pathetic

Hell even if you didn't want to bus to FL there were probably much better options locally to John Curtis than Lake Placid is

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Columbia tried 2 separate times during the off-season to schedule John Curtis (I know this because I was helping Columbia try to find games and i even suggested John Curtis to one of the coaches and the coach informed me they tried already and was declined)

And before you say "Columbia isn't relevant enough for John Curtis to schedule" i guarantee you we are a hell a lot more relevant an opponent to play then Lake Placid, most polls have Columbia top 100 nationally and FHSF has Columbia top 3 in FL and I haven't seen a single FL poll that they weren't minimum top 25 in FL

Lake Placid is not even top 150 in FL and not even top 1000 nationally

John Curtis is definitely talented and a strong program in Louisiana but playing Lake Placid when there were much better options available is pathetic

Hell even if you didn't want to bus to FL there were probably much better options locally to John Curtis than Lake Placid is

Do you have more than $3.30 in your checking account?

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

When it comes to Oakland, TN he really doesn't......there's nothing "talented" about Oakland in the first place and a negative SOS to boot?

Nah.....it's a tough sale most won't buy.

My poll doesn’t rely on your approval. You and Canes can continue to bash my poll all you want. I may be wrong about Oakland THIS year, but I definitely wasn’t last year. Time will tell. 
I don’t break down the 300 or so teams individually, just a few. I wouldn’t have the time to analyze every D1 prospect or number of returnees. If I miss a few teams here and there (and I will for certain) then so be it. Any poll is an educated guess. For now, I’ll stick to my guns. 

I wish you and Canes would put out a poll. Personally, I don’t think you two nitwits have the balls. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

My poll doesn’t rely on your approval. You and Canes can continue to bash my poll all you want. I may be wrong about Oakland THIS year, but I definitely wasn’t last year. Time will tell. 
I don’t break down the 300 or so teams individually, just a few. I wouldn’t have the time to analyze every D1 prospect or number of returnees. If I miss a few teams here and there (and I will for certain) then so be it. Any poll is an educated guess. For now, I’ll stick to my guns. 

I wish you and Canes would put out a poll. Personally, I don’t think you two nitwits have the balls. 

They should put out a composite poll LMAO

• Haha 1