Week 6 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Great Teams are in Tier 1.  OLGC is Tier 4

No, elite teams are tier 1.

To be listed in any of the tiers a team has to be great or something close.

And I didn't quote your tiers. I quoted the moron Omaha Vol and his ridiculous defense for mediocre Good Counsel.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Good Counsel sucks.

Beat Charlotte Catholic by 4,

Good Counsel beat Charlotte Catholic 7-0

Archbishop Rummel beat Charlotte Catholic 7-3

Charlotte Catholic lost to Weddington, NC 45-0 Friday night. 😁

In Rummel's defense we should have scored 28-35 points.....

21 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It would be helpful if you could provide some examples to substantiate your opinion.  Who was held accountable?  Where do the Tiers miss level of play in other states?

Which teams have a better claim to a Tier 1 placement than SJB?

Who said there had to be replacement - SJB should have been held accountable for their performance and dropped to tier 2

after seeing IMG vs SJC  -  you put * on DV and not them?  Don’t give me on the road vs home game with this one.  The IMG program is the #1 traveling program in America 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You should consider the teams style of play in combination with the scores.

Very true. Most people ONLY look at the scores. 
There’s one elite team, MD. 
There are 5-6 fantastic teams.

There are 10-15 great teams. The remaining 80-150 teams are all good teams and will fluctuate back and forth throughout the year. There’s no reason not to include GC in that bunch. 
Please, don’t pay any attention to that blow hard Canes. He’s a complete idiot! 

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Who said there had to be replacement - SJB should have been held accountable for their performance and dropped to tier 2

after seeing IMG vs SJC  -  you put * on DV and not them?  Don’t give me on the road vs home game with this one.  The IMG program is the #1 traveling program in America 

There is definitely an argument for dropping SJB to Tier 2.  But what if they blow out JSerra this week?  Do you then move them back up to Tier 1?  The Tiers solution is to * SJB* so if they squeak by JSerra then they will be dropped.

Duncanville is at risk due to their schedule and not playing a Top team until probably the Semi finals.  If SJC (their marquee win) loses to Dematha, or Gonzaga, then that puts DeMatha and/or Gonzaga on the same Tier as Duncanville.

IMG has been playing several Top teams and still has SFA coming up soon.  They have been rolling so far and there is no reason for concern or threats to their Tier 1 placement until the SFA game.

The biggest question in Texas is North Shore.  Are their 8 injured guys back yet?  Because they still seem down from last year.

Also help me with Allen.  Where would you place them and why?

3 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

In a top 50-150? There’s nothing unreasonable about that. You’re just too obtuse to see that. 

But of course that's not what I quoted you saying.

This is:

3 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I’d like to know who all these teams are that would beat DM and GC, or even SJC and Zaga? There are NOT 20 teams that would beat the main three. GC is definitely one of the best 100 teams, MAYBE even top 50.

You said GC was definitely top 100 and MAYBE even top 50.

Now you're hedging to top 150.

You always do this when you feel the heat. You walk back your stupid comments.

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It appears that on field results are being totally ignored during this futile exercise. And the rules are being changed weekly. Losing viewers by the week. Smh. 

As you poignantly state, DMC and GC have now been proven to be Pretenders after this week’s results. 

There is no poster on this forum that is more a "prisoner of the moment" than you.  LOL.

Never seen someone completely ignore an entire season to date body of work, and suggest to rank teams on  their last game/half/qtr.

Also my viewers are increasing every week.  Guys are now anticipating Sun mornings with great interest. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There is definitely an argument for dropping SJB to Tier 2.  But what if they blow out JSerra this week?  Do you then move them back up to Tier 1?  The Tiers solution is to * SJB* so if they squeak by JSerra then they will be dropped.

Duncanville is at risk due to their schedule and not playing a Top team until probably the Semi finals.  If SJC (their marquee win) loses to Dematha, or Gonzaga, then that puts DeMatha and/or Gonzaga on the same Tier as Duncanville.

IMG has been playing several Top teams and still has SFA coming up soon.  They have been rolling so far and there is no reason for concern or threats to their Tier 1 placement until the SFA game.

The biggest question in Texas is North Shore.  Are their 8 injured guys back yet?  Because they still seem down from last year.

North shore has not been as good as last year bc of injuries. Of the 8 out, 5 have been back for a week, 2 will be back next week and the 1 is out All season.  They will be a formidable team to beat when all are back.  They are executing and geling well as a team.  

Allen is not a tier 2 team.  We’ve said this before.  They are struggling to dominate 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But of course that's not what I quoted you saying.

This is:

You said GC was definitely top 100 and MAYBE even top 50.

Now you're hedging to top 150.

You always do this when you feel the heat. You walk back your stupid comments.

I’m still correct by saying 50-100 or stretching it to 150. The rankings between 50-150 are fluid and those teams will rise and fall between those spots in most polls. If you want to be petty about it, go ahead Montana! 

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In your explanation under the tiers you claim it fluctuates week by week...so SJB hasn’t been playing like a tier 1 team for weeks, but you still refuse to move them because they might prove to be tier 1 later in the year??? Follow your own rules or continue to lose credibility, your choice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

In your explanation under the tiers you claim it fluctuates week by week...so SJB hasn’t been playing like a tier 1 team for weeks, but you still refuse to move them because they might prove to be tier 1 later in the year??? Follow your own rules or continue to lose credibility, your choice.

I disagree with your thesis.

SJB had a bye last week.  They they won against Servite this week.  Prior to that they were 5-0 and won convincingly every game. 

If I moved SJB down because of 1 game, then that takes away all the benefit of their first 5 decisive wins vs. a difficult OOS schedule.

Maybe Servite is just better than you think.   SJB is on Tier 1 probation and they have to beat JSerra by at least 2 scores to stay in Tier 1.

Besides if I went by the "latest game rule", it would reward teams like Chandler and the Texas teams who have 5 -8 weeks of blowouts ahead.  The purpose of The Tiers was to reward teams who play difficult schedules, reward close losses, and close wins, rather that promoting teams like the devil every week who play a slate of baby seals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I disagree with your thesis.

SJB had a bye last week.  They they won against Servite this week.  Prior to that they were 5-0 and won convincingly every game. 

If I moved SJB down because of 1 game, then that takes away all the benefit of their first 5 decisive wins vs. a difficult OOS schedule.

Maybe Servite is just better than you think.   SJB is on Tier 1 probation and they have to beat JSerra by at least 2 scores to stay in Tier 1.

Besides if I went by the "latest game rule", it would reward teams like Chandler and the Texas teams who have 5 -8 weeks of blowouts ahead.  The purpose of The Tiers was to reward teams who play difficult schedules, reward close losses, and close wins, rather that promoting teams like the devil every week who play a slate of baby seals.

Lmao Servite not even beating JSerra,,,, that SJB game was a fluke

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

THANK YOU. 

Using GSB logic, then SJR would be taken completely out of the Tiers for their poor showing this week.  We would have to take Katy out of the Tiers completely as well.

Chandler would be Tier 1.  Don't be stoopid.

Your faux outrage is akin to a penniless actor bringing his "D" game to the stage.  Get better.