Week 6 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There is no poster on this forum that is more a "prisoner of the moment" than you.  LOL.

Never seen someone completely ignore an entire season to date body of work, and suggest to rank teams on  their last game/half/qtr.

Also my viewers are increasing every week.  Guys are now anticipating Sun mornings with great interest. 

That last sentence is soooo GSB 🤣🤣🤣🤣

LMFAO!!!!

BGW

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StingMan44 said:

In your explanation under the tiers you claim it fluctuates week by week...so SJB hasn’t been playing like a tier 1 team for weeks, but you still refuse to move them because they might prove to be tier 1 later in the year??? Follow your own rules or continue to lose credibility, your choice.

Good point....

BGW

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Very true. Most people ONLY look at the scores. 
There’s one elite team, MD. 
There are 5-6 fantastic teams.

There are 10-15 great teams. The remaining 80-150 teams are all good teams and will fluctuate back and forth throughout the year. There’s no reason not to include GC in that bunch. 
Please, don’t pay any attention to that blow hard Canes. He’s a complete idiot! 

How in the world can you or anyone else determine that MD is the only elite team?

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There is definitely an argument for dropping SJB to Tier 2.  But what if they blow out JSerra this week?  Do you then move them back up to Tier 1?  The Tiers solution is to * SJB* so if they squeak by JSerra then they will be dropped.

Duncanville is at risk due to their schedule and not playing a Top team until probably the Semi finals.  If SJC (their marquee win) loses to Dematha, or Gonzaga, then that puts DeMatha and/or Gonzaga on the same Tier as Duncanville.

IMG has been playing several Top teams and still has SFA coming up soon.  They have been rolling so far and there is no reason for concern or threats to their Tier 1 placement until the SFA game.

The biggest question in Texas is North Shore.  Are their 8 injured guys back yet?  Because they still seem down from last year.

Also help me with Allen.  Where would you place them and why?

Consider JSerra is the type of team that on any given Friday night that good teams might beat soundly 

at the very least DV will face three more teams ranked high nationally in the playoffs

SLC, Allen, NS or Katy - and possibly another really good team prior to SLC depending on who actually goes Div 1 ( you understand how that works?)

news alert - The SLC QB 110% fire.  Serious serious talent - I am telling you he is only sophomore and he is at the level or even above the level of the best QB’s across the country!  

You should also consider the point in the season that DV layed down 21 point win on SJC that was bad call away from being 28 -  I honestly believe that Duncanville may actually have the best defense in the country.

DV was more impressive vs SJC than IMG - I personally watch both games. Yet you have *by DV

There is very little in the schedule of Jserra that screams beating them soundly proves anything.  They  took 11 point loss on the road and beat Milton by 3 both games they had poor offensive showing and was out gained by both -  Milton has been beat twice on their home field already - 17-14 win is = game - it’s like you don’t factor the home state advantage in this game like you have pointed out in other games.

I have seen Allen once this year in person vs very solid Dickinson team - (Dickinson much better than you realize) Early in the season due to having ton of quality players Allen played ton of kids.  I am talking 10 OL kids, multiple skill kids, 17 to 22 on defense.  I seen this with my own eyes. They have some good looking quality kids across board.  I know they have been moving kids around a lot in the early in the season to get the best mix on the field.  Watch what I tell u - come playoff time it will take big effort probably by DV to beat them -  That was really good game last year and will be another good game this year.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe Servite is just better than you think.   SJB is on Tier 1 probation and they have to beat JSerra by at least 2 scores to stay in Tier 1.

All this excitement over Servite not getting blown out by SJB, yet you're completely ignoring the fact that they barely beat Sherman Oaks Notre Dame by 3 the week before.  Same ND team that just got whipped by Chaminade.

If you're going to take the season as a whole and give SJB the benefit of the doubt, then you really do need to hold the Friars up to a similar light, accepting that the game against the Braves may also have been an anomaly.

Also, still no love for Helix?  You keep them back because of the loss to a non-tier team, yet ignore the fact that Cathedral Catholic also lost to a non-tier team, Helix.  You can say "what about the Dons' win over Saguaro?", but yeah... what about Saguaro?  Was their win over Chaparral really that impressive?  What exactly have they done to be included in the tiers?  Who else have they beaten?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

All this excitement over Servite not getting blown out by SJB, yet you're completely ignoring the fact that they barely beat Sherman Oaks Notre Dame by 3 the week before.  Same ND team that just got whipped by Chaminade.

If you're going to take the season as a whole and give SJB the benefit of the doubt, then you really do need to hold the Friars up to a similar light, accepting that the game against the Braves may also have been an anomaly.

Also, still no love for Helix?  You keep them back because of the loss to a non-tier team, yet ignore the fact that Cathedral Catholic also lost to a non-tier team, Helix.  You can say "what about the Dons' win over Saguaro?", but yeah... what about Saguaro?  Was their win over Chaparral really that impressive?  What exactly have they done to be included in the tiers?  Who else have they beaten?

Good questions and good points.

As stated in the methodology, We don't attempt to place "every team" into The Tiers, only the ones people talk about on this forum, or by request.  Since you have an interest in Helix, they will be added and placed in Tier 4.  The game vs Herriman was an OT game so maybe a bit of an outlier.

Servite lost to SJB by 1 point, so technically there is an argument that GSB and others would support, is that Servite should be placed in the same Tier as SJB.  They would like SJB in Tier 2, so that would mean Servite would go to Tier 2 as well.  So in a sense, by holding Servite back to Tier 3, they are being suppressed by the previous 5 game results.

Saguaro was mentioned by I think ECHSO5 and finished a road game with Cathedral Catholic within 1 score.  Same as Cen10.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good questions and good points.

As stated in the methodology, We don't attempt to place "every team" into The Tiers, only the ones people talk about on this forum, or by request.  Since you have an interest in Helix, they will be added and placed in Tier 4.  The game vs Herriman was an OT game so maybe a bit of an outlier.

Servite lost to SJB by 1 point, so technically there is an argument that GSB and others would support, is that Servite should be placed in the same Tier as SJB.  They would like SJB in Tier 2, so that would mean Servite would go to Tier 2 as well.  So in a sense, by holding Servite back to Tier 3, they are being suppressed by the previous 5 game results.

Saguaro was mentioned by I think ECHSO5 and finished a road game with Cathedral Catholic within 1 score.  Same as Cen10.

When did people start talking about MV 

Austin Westlake is ranked 6th in Texas right now...Both Westlake and Lake Travis should be in the tiers.

18 minutes ago, Texasball said:

When did people start talking about MV 

Austin Westlake is ranked 6th in Texas right now...Both Westlake and Lake Travis should be in the tiers.

Per your reequest Weslake and Lake Travis will be added to The Tiers

Westlake - Tier 4 (undefeated but no real competitive tests yet.  Next Week vs LT will tell us something.

Lake Travis - Tier 5 (Lost to Martin, which lost to Rockwall, which was crushed by Tier 2 Longview.

We have a couple MV posters on the boards.  Plus several public school guys who bring MV up frequently

3 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Good point, but I will say this. While the stats were pretty even, (with Servite having a slight edge), Servite was the only team to threaten to put the game on ice. Notre Dame never threatened to put the game away. They were always threatening to take back the lead, but only Servite threatened to put the game away with two late long drives. Unfortunately, Servite let Notre Dame stay in the game by missing a FG on one of those drives, and forcing a ball into the end zone on the other, resulting in an interception by ND's best player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dntn31 said:

One thing a lot of people seem to be overlooking is that this week was the first following the sit-out period for transfers. Servite had a few key transfers where this was the first game they were eligible to play in.

I saw two, but won't name them. One did a great job on the O Line, but the other one was beaten more than once in the secondary.

3 hours ago, dntn31 said:

One thing a lot of people seem to be overlooking is that this week was the first following the sit-out period for transfers. Servite had a few key transfers where this was the first game they were eligible to play in.

can you produce the starting line up when they played and got beat by BG and the starting lineup vs SJB

45 minutes ago, Texasball said:

can you produce the starting line up when they played and got beat by BG and the starting lineup vs SJB

I'm sure I could. However, there are more robust ways to get to the bottom of this mystery.

For starters (see what I did there?), Trinity league teams don't live and die with 22 players. Unlike the gene pools in some parts of this country, depth is an important factor here. Looking at who started these games will only tell part of the story.

Since I'm inclined to be helpful, I'll provide some clues to get you wading out of the shallow end and conducting your Nancy Drew-esque investigations:

• Servite's team rosters are readily available online from various sources.
  • The CIFSS has a transfer portal. With this site it should be possible, after many hours of intense searching, to track down Servite's football transfers for 2019 and which ones became eligible last week.
  • Fox Sports West archives all of their Prep Zone games online so you can go and watch the SJB/Servite game for yourself.

Armed with the information now at your disposal, you can make a complete assessment and the truth can finally be brought to light. I await the results of these findings with baited [sic] breath.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/6/2019 at 3:03 AM, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Gonzaga will beat OLGC next week. DM could beat Gonzaga, there’s no question about it, but you just can’t ignore that game they just had against Friendship. No Top 20 team should be within 4 TD’s of that team.

I understand seeing them up close(as have I), but size mean nothing. Neither team has a signature win. DM’s signature win, was beating a former Ohio Powerhouse that actually lost to a Canadian team! So besides that, their claim to fame is getting beat down by a SJB team that might not be as good as previously thought. 

Gonzaga has two wins on their resume(American Heritage and Bosco) better than any win DeMatha has. And like I said, I’m a DM supporter. I hope you’re right and DM wins it all this year in the WCAC, but right now you have them way too high. 

Exciting part of the year for the WCAC.  We shall see how good Gonzaga really is this Friday.  They take on OLGC who has been struggling offensively but very tough defensively.  They made a change at QB two weeks ago, going with the sophomore, and moved the 6'5 DeMatha QB transfer to another position.  SJC plays McNamara as well and DM has a bye.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WCACFan said:

Exciting part of the year for the WCAC.  We shall see how good Gonzaga really is this Friday.  They take on OLGC who has been struggling offensively but very tough defensively.  They made a change at QB two weeks ago, going with the sophomore, and moved the 6'5 DeMatha QB transfer to another position.  SJC plays McNamara as well and DM has a bye.   

Oh wow, I didn’t know they changed QB’s.  Could make this Zaga game interesting. 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually have more BNU teams in The Tiers so there's that.

Actually have more East Coast Teams in Tier 1 than west coast. 

But ok.   LOL

Yes 

it’s patently clear you are pandering to all the users here from GA and N.J. and you freely use “west coast” when you really mean MD and SJB (and/ or Trinity League by osmosis)

i liked you better when you were forced to use DLS as your west coast proxy — now, we’re just an old toy you’ve tossed aside for the shiny new ones 

🤣

• Haha 2