Week 8 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

If not for this change, you would have been defending STA’s transfers all year, explaining how FL is a growth state and your new QB’s dad just moved there for work — you don’t even need to explain that silliness anymore as you’re able to fly under the radar much more 

We've reached the changing the subject portion of the Pops adventure.

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I have dedicated haters who make it their job to down vote me.

Nobody really cares about you.

1). LOL — and you’ve been kicked off multiple boards — and you keep changing your name or it would be lower — and, that still counts toward your community reputation 

2). Maybe no one else cares about me, but you are Glenn Close with the rabbit in Fatal Attraction obsessed 

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No, they won the next two because they played Centennial (not a "super team" candidate).

Which is why you choose to start the clock in 2013. That captures all the losses to SJB and Mater Dei.

CC was the comsensus #1 team in the country 

of DLS’s 4 losses to MD/ SJB, that was only the case once I believe (2017 MD)

keep trying — I’m enjoying your efforts 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

1). LOL — and you’ve been kicked off multiple boards — and you keep changing your name or it would be lower — and, that still counts toward your community reputation

Guccifer had a positive reputation score.

Not that it matters though since it's pathetic to hide behind something so silly.

You're milquetoast that's why nobody is obsessed enough to follow you around and thumbs down everything you post.

• Thumbs Down 1

2008 was the start of the super team. 

STA was stacked and it wasnt just from local catholic K-8’s. 

It was from a 50 mile radius and you had to be an upperclassmen with at least 4 stars next to your name. 

After that Bosco did it in the Tri-State area, SJC and the DMV stepped it up, then Bishop Gorman followed suit and then finally Cali. 

Now it’s spiraled out of control. Now it’s not real HSFB. It’s junior college ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

2008 was the start of the super team. 

STA was stacked and it wasnt just from local catholic K-8’s. 

It was from a 50 mile radius and you had to be an upperclassmen with at least 4 stars next to your name.

Again, you're clueless.

But you seem to enjoy going through life as an uninformed loser who never gets anything right.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, dntn31 said:

If you're going to put the power 4 teams from the WCAC in Tier 3, then there's no reason not to put Servite in Tier 3. Those WCAC teams are all analogues of JSerra (defensive, run-based offense, no QB play to speak of). We saw what Servite does to that type of team.

@Sammyswordsman

Gonzaga is nothing but QB play! You can’t lump them in with the other teams, in your analysis. Their QB is as good as any in the whole country. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:38 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

Good point.  I had them in Tier 3 initially, then dropped them due to the abundance of Sophs on the team.  DeMatha is a bit better but to your point, it would be close. 

What? DeMatha is a bit better, didn’t they just lose to Gonzaga? I think right now what the WCAC teams have show is, they’re all pretty even. 

17 minutes ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Gonzaga is nothing but QB play! You can’t lump them in with the other teams, in your analysis. Their QB is as good as any in the whole country. 

That's fair, I admit I sort of forgot about Caleb Williams. Though, of all the WCAC games I've seen this year I've only watched Gonzaga once and that was against DeMatha. If I recall, in that game Caleb did more with his feet than with his arm so Gonzaga didn't immediately stand out to me as an elite passing team as I was typing that post.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

They got some MNC love from Jeff fisher I think 

DLS won the comp poll that year and I always felt like there were about 6 or 7 equally UNDESERVING teams for the MNC

— JC won most of human pills with the weakest SOS of any of CP’s top 150 teams 

— DLS, I thought, was better year before and year after, and scuffled early with St Mary’s and Mullen before going undefeated 

— bellevue (sos)

— Norcross (sos)

— allen (1-loss TX state champ)

am forgetting someone similar 

2012 was the last year before the arrival of superteams and more resembled the final polls that preceded them (lots of teams in consideration, little interplay) than after 

Huh?

giphy.gif

BGW

Come on Canes. Be for real. Like Tupac said, “you ain’t gotta lie to kick it” 

Lakeland beat St Thomas Aquinas 3 (THREE) straight times in the State Championship Game from 2004-2006. 

After that 06 loss, George Smith went back to the drawing board and figured out why Lakeland was denting them. Because they were able to “attract” the area’s best talent. He knew the SoFL area was more fertile than Polk, so he knew what he had to do. 

They hired former NFL guys. Had runners at the little league games. Found those studs from the inner city schools like Dillard, Ely, Hallandale etc. Gave them free tuition to get them in. Got players from Dade and West Palm just to leave no doubt. 

And then, if that wasn’t slimy enough, they started low key snitching to the FHSAA about Lakeland! Lol. 

So the publics like Lakeland, Plant and Armwood got in trouble by doing the exact same thing a private can do. It got so bad, politics got involved and changed the laws to allow Publics to play by the same rules as private’s. 

Now that Lakeland can finally breathe again they are back to skull denting STA, and all is right with the world 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Come on Canes. Be for real. Like Tupac said, “you ain’t gotta lie to kick it”

The fact that you think the 2008 STA team was a "super team" is revisionism being pushed by somebody who has a shallow understanding of history.

You're the kind of person who gets wisdom from a cracker jack box.

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

After that 06 loss, George Smith went back to the drawing board and figured out why Lakeland was denting them. Because they were able to “attract” the area’s best talent. He knew the SoFL area was more fertile than Polk, so he knew what he had to do.

The fact that you think this was a conscious choice is proof positive that you just make this stuff up as you go.

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They hired former NFL guys. Had runners at the little league games. Found those studs from the inner city schools like Dillard, Ely, Hallandale etc. Gave them free tuition to get them in. Got players from Dade and West Palm just to leave no doubt.

Let's count the number of lies.

(1) Cris Carter joined the staff in 2005 because his son turned high school age and was a freshman at STA not because George Smith made a decision to "hire NFL guys" and not after the 2006 season.

(2) STA has had students from Dillard's, Ely's and Hallandale's zones for decades upon decades.

(3) STA has never had a player from West Palm Beach.

🤡 🤡 🤡

One, two, three.

35 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And then, if that wasn’t slimy enough, they started low key snitching to the FHSAA about Lakeland! Lol.

One of my favorite wild-eyed conspiracy theories.

Nothing proves the needy and insecure nature of anti-STA people more than the claim that they somehow had something to do with a local Polk County squabble between Lakeland and George Jenkins.