Week 8 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

20 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I hear you.   The 2012 Norcross squad I always felt deserved more  👀.  They had a stout in-state run.   

They got some MNC love from Jeff fisher I think 

DLS won the comp poll that year and I always felt like there were about 6 or 7 equally UNDESERVING teams for the MNC

— JC won most of human pills with the weakest SOS of any of CP’s top 150 teams 

— DLS, I thought, was better year before and year after, and scuffled early with St Mary’s and Mullen before going undefeated 

— bellevue (sos)

— Norcross (sos)

— allen (1-loss TX state champ)

am forgetting someone similar 

2012 was the last year before the arrival of superteams and more resembled the final polls that preceded them (lots of teams in consideration, little interplay) than after 

15 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hey.  The Tiers are crowd sourced.  Where should they be and why?

Based on your rules, do you really think SLC is on a higher tier than Allen? Allen should not be tier 2 and SLC shouldn't be either. Tier 3 for both? Sure, I can get on board with that. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cracker said:

Based on your rules, do you really think SLC is on a higher tier than Allen? Allen should not be tier 2 and SLC shouldn't be either. Tier 3 for both? Sure, I can get on board with that. 

Since neither of them play OOS, I have to use feedback from the Texas guys (without an agenda), and the Texas 6a polls.  The Polls have SLC ranked pretty high, which is why they were put in Tier 2.  I think Allen traditionally would be a handful for just about any HS team, which is why they are in Tier 2.

If the Texas guys (including you) think the Tier placement is off, the I would really appreciate more insight.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Again, not true.

Just a coping mechanism that you've created.

You’re right. It was in 2008 with STA. They were the first super team who stacked regional talent to compete on a national level.  They were tired of getting whopped by Lakeland. 

Lakeland gave them the blueprint. Lakeland was a Polk County All-Star team, so Aquinas thought they could do better because they could stack Palm Beach, Broward and Dade onto one team which is obviously more talented than just Polk county 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Since neither of them play OOS, I have to use feedback from the Texas guys (without an agenda), and the Texas 6a polls.  The Polls have SLC ranked pretty high, which is why they were put in Tier 2.  I think Allen traditionally would be a handful for just about any HS team, which is why they are in Tier 2.

If the Texas guys (including you) think the Tier placement is off, the I would really appreciate more insight.  Thanks

You have SLC in tier 2 and Allen in tier 3, no? I agree with Allen in tier 3, but not SLC in tier 2.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Again, not true.

Just a coping mechanism that you've created.

Look, 2008 STA was a great team that could play with today’s superteams 

I realize that’s your only objection to the characterization, which is otherwise blatantly obvious 

today’s top teams all have rosters that are at or greatly exceed historical once in a decade type teams — there are still issues with making talented transfers work as a team, but the talent is indisputable by everyone except you because you get your nose out of joint thinking STA ‘08 is being slighted 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

TX didn’t black ball IMG.  There is no UIL nor coaches association mandate to not play IMG.

I thought there was a couple of years ago

i remember actually applauding the move at the time 

I applauded CA as well but called the CIF hypocritical for taking that position while allowing a couple of CA teams to do pretty much the same thing (small distinctions)

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I thought there was a couple of years ago

i remember actually applauding the move at the time 

I applauded CA as well but called the CIF hypocritical for taking that position while allowing a couple of CA teams to do pretty much the same thing (small distinctions)

There was no Texas move to black ball them.  Schools are free to schedule them if they desire. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

#3 crushing IMG helped it cause in the polls going fwd. Long-term TX and CA may be adversely affected for black-balling IMG if they can't earn a W vs them. 

Hmmm

dunno

as I just said to horsefly, I think CA and/ or TX excluding them could have been helpful in preventing the advent of the superteams 

I think cow is out of the barn now, but it still might help keep CA and TX players from finding IMG as appealing as they otherwise might 

don’t see much downside, but understand there are scenarios where CA or TX might, at end of year, say “damn, those guys are ranked higher than our best team — we could beat them”

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Pops said:

Look, 2008 STA was a great team that could play with today’s superteams 

I realize that’s your only objection to the characterization, which is otherwise blatantly obvious

You are routinely inaccurate in your assessments.

My objection to your claim is the utter lack of evidence and the incredibly convenient year that you chose to start the clock. The only thing that's blatantly obvious is that you picked the year in order to maximize it's usefulness in defending losses suffered by DLS.

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

today’s top teams all have rosters that are at or greatly exceed historical once in a decade type teams — there are still issues with making talented transfers work as a team, but the talent is indisputable by everyone except you because you get your nose out of joint thinking STA ‘08 is being slighted 

Again, it's cringe-worthy how bad you are at assessing people's positions and motivations. What's more is that you deliver your insanely inaccurate claims with an unearned arrogance.

👇

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

You fundamentally misunderstand the 2008 STA team.

My position is basically the exact opposite of what you claimed was blatantly obvious.

There's a reason why you're largely seen as a clown on this forum.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You are routinely inaccurate in your assessments.

My objection to your claim is the utter lack of evidence and the incredibly convenient year that you chose to start the clock. The only thing that's blatantly obvious is that you picked the year in order to maximize it's usefulness in defending losses suffered by DLS.

How so?  

here’s DLS losses by year 

‘08.  2

‘09.  2

’10.  0

’11. 1

’12. 0 

‘13. 1

’14. 0

’15.  1

’16.  2

’17.  1

’18.  1

’19.  1

tell me again where my agenda is because I don’t know and now I think I may be missing an opportunity 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

tell me again where my agenda is because I don’t know and now I think I may be missing an opportunity 

Let me be more precise because you're obviously not going to admit anything if you're able to weasel out of it.

The only thing that's blatantly obvious is that you picked the year in order to maximize it's usefulness in defending SBG losses suffered by DLS.

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Let me be more precise because you're obviously not going to admit anything if you're able to weasel out of it.

The only thing that's blatantly obvious is that you picked the year in order to maximize it's usefulness in defending SBG losses suffered by DLS.

Really?

DLS won 2 of the next 3

why wouldn’t I have picked 2016?  Dls has been outclassed the last 3 years looking for moral victories 

your accusations are illogical

2013 was the advent of superteams — That was SJB’s year to go rogue, they backed off a bit the next two years then have been challenged to keep up with MD since 

those two seem to be giving cover for others, whether in or out of CA

If not for this change, you would have been defending STA’s transfers all year, explaining how FL is a growth state and your new QB’s dad just moved there for work — you don’t even need to explain that silliness anymore as you’re able to fly under the radar much more