Ohio State DE Chase Young suspended

ATLien12x

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Idk. When I was a college athlete I never knew heard or saw any kids have to take any money in any form. I personally never had to take money from anyone for anything. So yes it's very easy to say on the internet because it's extremely easy to follow NCAA rules. For the life of me I'll never understand why kids have so much problems cooperating with the rules. Go to class go to practice play in ur respective games that's all u have to do

The NCAA literally breaks it down to those 3 things I put

Go to class keep ur grades up

Practice 

Perform

No ur not allowed to work or take any money from anyone. 

How many kids get the boot because they cant keep up the grades a lot. College athletes isnt for everyone. Esp for ones who cant follow what they supposed to do. Now he did pay it back so I'm sure this will be the only game. 

For me, that wasn’t the reality of playing in college in the 2000’s. When I was home for summer, friends lent me money and I did the same for them all the time. Not sure where you went, but when I was home, like Chase was, the school wasn’t paying for meals, gas, etc..

I get why the rule is there, but it’s just not a big deal to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

For me, that wasn’t the reality of playing in college in the 2000’s. When I was home for summer, friends lent me money and I did the same for them all the time. Not sure where you went, but when I was home, like Chase was, the school wasn’t paying for meals, gas, etc..

I get why the rule is there, but it’s just not a big deal to me. 

I was in college in the early 2000s as well. When I went home from school I went home to home made meals you know the thing you craved the most when you went away for school. Yeah u had the cafeteria and such but nothing as good as home made food. 

But see that attitude is why people get in trouble the whole it's not a big deal thing. 

58 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Idk. When I was a college athlete I never knew heard or saw any kids have to take any money in any form. I personally never had to take money from anyone for anything. So yes it's very easy to say on the internet because it's extremely easy to follow NCAA rules. For the life of me I'll never understand why kids have so much problems cooperating with the rules. Go to class go to practice play in ur respective games that's all u have to do

The NCAA literally breaks it down to those 3 things I put

Go to class keep ur grades up

Practice 

Perform

No ur not allowed to work or take any money from anyone. 

How many kids get the boot because they cant keep up the grades a lot. College athletes isnt for everyone. Esp for ones who cant follow what they supposed to do. Now he did pay it back so I'm sure this will be the only game. 

Not true.  When I was playing i would get money wired to me every Wednesday from my family or friends of my family.  Everybody on the team knew it including the coaches.  Can't ;live off what the school give you every month.  The only way its illegal is if its from an agent or somebody trying to profit off you like free tickets when you turn pro.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not true.  When I was playing i would get money wired to me every Wednesday from my family or friends of my family.  Everybody on the team knew it including the coaches.  Can't ;live off what the school give you every month.  The only way its illegal is if its from an agent or somebody trying to profit off you like free tickets when you turn pro.

Well that's not true. Apparently it's illegal when your friend loans you money which is what they are reporting in this case. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Well that's not true. Apparently it's illegal when your friend loans you money which is what they are reporting in this case. 

Again it wold depend who this "friend" is and his intentions.  Most guys on my team received cash or gifts regularly from family and or close family friends that lived in or near Providence. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Again it wold depend who this "friend" is and his intentions.  Most guys on my team received cash or gifts regularly from family and or close family friends that lived in or near Providence. 

Yes exactly they have to identify who this friend is and what was the intention 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Chase Young lawyered up. Supposedly the loan was to “make ends meet” during the off-season and was repaid. The lawyer is hammering the NCAA for an outdated law which isn’t reasonable. Articles about this situation reshaping NCAA rules are starting to come out. The NCAA may want to be careful with this one.

How does one pay back a loan without a job?

I'd like to know because I have debt and would like to pay them back without working.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

How does one pay back a loan without a job?

I'd like to know because I have debt and would like to pay them back without working.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10-ways-college-athletes-can-get-paid-and-remain-eligible-for-their-sport/amp/

You cool with modeling? If not just take a Pell grant out. I’m sure your NFL signing bonus next year will cover that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Kirk Herbstreit on college gameday just said hell be suspended for 4 games 

Ohio State is appealing the 4 game. The loan was so his family could attend the Rose Bowl. Had nothing to do with him other than he was the one who paid it back. The NCAA is reaching hard here. If it was from an agent or booster, then I could see an issue. Not the case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Ohio State is appealing the 4 game. The loan was so his family could attend the Rose Bowl. Had nothing to do with him other than he was the one who paid it back. The NCAA is reaching hard here. If it was from an agent or booster, then I could see an issue. Not the case. 

Yea it will be appealed but hell be suspended for at least today. I say the settle on 2 games which means nothing

Maryland and rutgers. I think when the ncaa suspends someone they should chose the games. So if he gets a 2 game suspension they can chose to suspend him for penn state and Michigan. Its means more

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

It was "supposedly" for his girlfriend travel. The whole story is a load of crock and you know it.

Why not just give the money directly to his girlfriend and let her pay it back with the Pell Grant or whatever ridiculous idea you had earlier?

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It was "supposedly" for his girlfriend travel. The whole story is a load of crock and you know it.

Why not just give the money directly to his girlfriend and let her pay it back with the Pell Grant or whatever ridiculous idea you had earlier?

Please tell us what really happened.

Thanks in advance.