Ohio State DE Chase Young suspended

ATLien12x

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Chase Young released a statement. Uh. Yikes. Not sure why he was advised to do that.... a family friend you met right before starting college... Yikes 

sometimes it’s best to say less

D07432F2-66BD-4609-B187-1D997BA5A89A.jpeg

This kat is a beast.  But you are right.  Leave out the part about this "family friend" he met the summer before starting at tOSU.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Chase Young released a statement. Uh. Yikes. Not sure why he was advised to do that.... a family friend you met right before starting college... Yikes 

sometimes it’s best to say less

D07432F2-66BD-4609-B187-1D997BA5A89A.jpeg

Would OSU Potentially have to Forfeit Games Over this???.... That would be the real disaster... I am sure they have enough talent there to bridge the gap for the rest of the season... :) 

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

Looking like the person in question wasn't an agent or booster of OSU. It was a loan and paid back...so maybe 1-2 games.

Pretty sure he plays against PSU and beyond.

Good, the timing of the whole thing seemed like bs to me.  Hope he gets back soon 

so if the person wasn’t an agent or booster why suspend at all? 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

According to the ncaa your not allowed to take money is how they are reporting it. Idk what is so hard for these kids to be in line with the ncaa. It's really not that hard.

Easy to say on the Internet. I wonder what percentage of college kids take a loan from a friend. I’d say it’s a very high percentage. Chase Young is owning up to it and cooperating. Wouldn’t be an issue if he wasn’t a projected #1 pick. Some of the NCAA rules are absurd. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Easy to say on the Internet. I wonder what percentage of college kids take a loan from a friend. I’d say it’s a very high percentage. Chase Young is owning up to it and cooperating. Wouldn’t be an issue if he wasn’t a projected #1 pick. Some of the NCAA rules are absurd. 

Idk. When I was a college athlete I never knew heard or saw any kids have to take any money in any form. I personally never had to take money from anyone for anything. So yes it's very easy to say on the internet because it's extremely easy to follow NCAA rules. For the life of me I'll never understand why kids have so much problems cooperating with the rules. Go to class go to practice play in ur respective games that's all u have to do

The NCAA literally breaks it down to those 3 things I put

Go to class keep ur grades up

Practice 

Perform

No ur not allowed to work or take any money from anyone. 

How many kids get the boot because they cant keep up the grades a lot. College athletes isnt for everyone. Esp for ones who cant follow what they supposed to do. Now he did pay it back so I'm sure this will be the only game.