2020 Metro by T-Mobile Corky Kell Schedule

(Home Teams on left)

Wednesday, Aug. 19 (At West Forsyth)

Cherokee vs. Carver-Atlanta (5:30 p.m.)

West Forsyth vs. Mays (8:30 p.m.)

Thursday, Aug. 20 (At Dacula)

Denmark vs. Tucker (5:30 p.m.)

Dacula vs. Archer (8:30 p.m.)

Friday, Aug. 21 (At Rome’s Barron Stadium)

Calhoun vs. Carrollton (5:30 p.m.)

Rome vs Rockmart (8:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Aug. 22 (At Mercedes-Benz Stadium)

Kell vs. Walton (9 a.m.)

Brookwood vs. Collins Hill (11:45 a.m.)

Mill Creek vs. Parkview (3 p.m.)

Lowndes vs. Hoover (6 p.m.)

North Gwinnett vs. McEachern (9 p.m.)

4 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

2020 Metro by T-Mobile Corky Kell Schedule

(Home Teams on left)

Wednesday, Aug. 19 (At West Forsyth)

Cherokee vs. Carver-Atlanta (5:30 p.m.)

West Forsyth vs. Mays (8:30 p.m.)

Thursday, Aug. 20 (At Dacula)

Denmark vs. Tucker (5:30 p.m.)

Dacula vs. Archer (8:30 p.m.)

Friday, Aug. 21 (At Rome’s Barron Stadium)

Calhoun vs. Carrollton (5:30 p.m.)

Rome vs Rockmart (8:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Aug. 22 (At Mercedes-Benz Stadium)

Kell vs. Walton (9 a.m.)

Brookwood vs. Collins Hill (11:45 a.m.)

Mill Creek vs. Parkview (3 p.m.)

Lowndes vs. Hoover (6 p.m.)

North Gwinnett vs. McEachern (9 p.m.)

Lowndes vs Hoover and NG vs Mceachern are literally the best games here and NG vs Mceachern is bound to happen eventually because of the playoffs... These 2 always meet some how some way

1 minute ago, Woodchopper said:

It took a while but it finally happened. Now let's get a decent home game.

Amen and Amen !!!!

Keep ticket prices the same.  Bring in a national team.  Call it the Babe White Classic.  Instead of paying the Corky about $35,000 to play and spending another $35,000 on travel expenses...we can afford to have some fun in the Hawg Pen !!!!

Oh...I almost forgot...

Go Get'em Lowndes....LOL.

Rufus>>

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

The schedule is still pretty wack overall but inviting Hoover to play Lowndes is a great matchup and will draw a big crowd. Love the 6pm primetime slot on Saturday too 

Just between me and you...it will be VERY interesting to see how many Lowndes fans show up.  It's 230 miles away and it's televised.

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Just between me and you...it will be VERY interesting to see how many Lowndes fans show up.  It's 230 miles away and it's televised

It’s potentially a season opener as a defending state champion vs a defending state champion. Lowndes will return their QB and some key dudes. Also offers a trip to Atlanta for those that can’t afford it around Christmas time. I think they’ll bring a better crowd than any of the Gwinnett teams (it doesn’t take much) 

• Like 1

Just now, ATLien12x said:

It’s potentially a season opener as a defending state champion vs a defending state champion. Lowndes will return their QB and some key dudes. Also offers a trip to Atlanta for those that can’t afford it around Christmas time. I think they’ll bring a better crowd than any of the Gwinnett teams (it doesn’t take much) 

Colquitt has a pretty stout entourage...so it costs a bit to travel.  But it's nothing compared to Lowndes' expenses having to travel.  Now I won't argue that Lowndes might have more than a Gwinnett team...but I sure thought the Corky was played in August...(Smile).

Rufus>>

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

but I sure thought the Corky was played in August...

Correct, which I why said it’ll afford more fans the opportunity to travel to Atlanta for this August event at the Benz rather than a December state championship. It’s a lot harder for families to make that trip the second week of December with Christmas right around the corner.... smile :D 

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Correct, which I why said it’ll afford more fans the opportunity to travel to Atlanta for this August event at the Benz rather than a December state championship. It’s a lot harder for families to make that trip the second week of December with Christmas right around the corner.... smile :D 

Very few people out of South Georgia will travel to Atlanta for anything other than non-televised football.  Colquitt's crowds at the event dwindled dramatically over time.  The inaugural Corky for Lowndes will have a few people...I suppose...but the TV coverage will hurt.  Isn't the buy in still around $35,000?

Rufus>>

I'll also wonder who will be televising it. 

In the beginning of Colquitt's time going up, it was carried by a national type broadcast, which gave better exposure for the kids playing. Then over time, t.v. coverage went to a local station where it became "work" for people to find it and view it making it less of great exposure tool. The value for the dollar expensed in playing became less and less basically. 

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll also wonder who will be televising it. 

^^^ THIS. 

It used to be on Fox Sports South and it was great. Then it moved to GPB and that was good enough for sure. Now lately it’s on something called MYATL tv which I have but the broadcast quality isn’t nearly what it used to be. The cameras while HD are nothing of GPB quality let alone Fox Sports. They didn’t show the first down marker this year and that was beyond irritating. It’s definitely taken a step back in production. Attendance is WAY DOWN also. This event as a whole is old and filled with poor matchups  

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

^^^ THIS. 

It used to be on Fox Sports South and it was great. Then it moved to GPB and that was good enough for sure. Now lately it’s on something called MYATL tv which I have but the broadcast quality isn’t nearly what it used to be. The cameras while HD are nothing of GPB quality let alone Fox Sports. They didn’t show the first down marker this year and that was beyond irritating. It’s definitely taken a step back in production. Attendance is WAY DOWN also. This event as a whole is old and filled with poor matchups  

Well, to me, the primary reason for a south Georgia school to go, is, because as we all know, it's not as easy for scouts, and scouting services to see players down here.

You go to an event like that to get those kids more national exposure. If it's only televised locally on ATL channel 2, a goodly portion of the exposure is gone with it. We can get in state exposure a number of ways. 

An event at the Benz needs to be a national exposure type event for the value for dollars spent to be there. Especially for a team that does pretty well on gates at home. It's as easy for someone to stream NFHS as it is ATL2, and at least on NFHS you get the players names and county name correctly pronounced and all. 

• Thanks 1

We're working on getting a National broadcast of the Babe White Classic for the 3rd weekend in August.  Maybe Kirby can be our first Grand Marshal.  Some wanted Orgeron...but nobody could tell if he was saying yes...or no.  Man...I am one happy feller to be clear of the Corky.

Finally !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

The other big reason there was an argument to remain in the Corky, was, you go ahead and get a Benz visit out of the way. Your team all are going to be basically the same in the Corky as in the ship. Start there in the Corky, get all the big stadium jitters out of the way and then it's nothing new for the team in December, should you make it back of course. 

The move of the championships to a baseball stadium meant, that thought process was dead as well. 

Just now, Rufus69 said:

I'm pretty sure you can toss that "hope" right out the window.  Despite the name...this is Georgia High School Football.

Rufus>>

Georgia high school  football is not the problem they are as good as any state , its who runs it.  Colquitt fans know better than anyone the GHSA is clueless and corrupt.  Take the AHSAA starting in 2021 we are rotating our state title games in 3 locations Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and the new UAB stadium in Birmingham the 3 best stadiums in the state. The GHSA can't even make it happen at one place the Benz.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Denmark won their appeal and will move all the way up from 4A to 7A. Because they’re a forsyth team, they wanted to play the other forsyth schools and not join the 6A Gwinnett region with Buford Dacula and Lanier. They claimed it’s because of the time school lets out but I see it more to do with being in an easy region to compete in

• Haha 1