Corky Kell 2020

Woodchopper

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Denmark won their appeal and will move all the way up from 4A to 7A. Because they’re a forsyth team, they wanted to play the other forsyth schools and not join the 6A Gwinnett region with Buford Dacula and Lanier. They claimed it’s because of the time school lets out but I see it more to do with being in an easy region to compete in

I have to admit I don't really understand why the GHSA would try to keep them from moving up at all, when the by-laws say specifically any school that wants can play up, only 7A enrollment schools can't play down. 

They enforce their own rules in such a wishy-washy way. It's far too easy to find too many discrepancies in their own rules and what actually happens. Especially in this reclass stuff. Really screwy. 

22 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Just between me and you...it will be VERY interesting to see how many Lowndes fans show up.  It's 230 miles away and it's televised.

Rufus>>

I said this every season I lived down there and that's for Middle GA to fuck the Kell and get their own kickoff classic.  You have PLENTY of quality teams in the middle and southern part of the state.  McT stadium w/ Peach Co, WR, Northside, etc... easy ride for CC, Tift, VHS, Lowndes, TCC, etc... and invite AL, TN, LA, and FL schools. 

And for as much as the "G-county dickheads" bitched and whined about "only GA teams, only GA teams, blah blah blah" they finally realized  how to make this event better and that is bring in quality teams instead of trying to find 20 GA teams for mismatch games.  

The Corky Kell was a fun event in the 90's and early 00's so what the hell happened to it???????????

14 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

They claimed it’s because of the time school lets out but I see it more to do with being in an easy region to compete in

If you had to ever drive from Forsythe to Lanier,  Buford, or Dacula on a Friday, you might get there by Saturday, lol.

That commute (and Friday loooooooop traffic) is enough of a reason to reclassify anything!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

If you had to ever drive from Forsythe to Lanier,  Buford, or Dacula on a Friday, you might get there by Saturday, lol.

That commute (and Friday loooooooop traffic) is enough of a reason to reclassify anything!

I once had to drive from Buford to Alpharetta... 

Shit can destroy a man's soul... 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

We're working on getting a National broadcast of the Babe White Classic for the 3rd weekend in August.  Maybe Kirby can be our first Grand Marshal.  Some wanted Orgeron...but nobody could tell if he was saying yes...or no.  Man...I am one happy feller to be clear of the Corky.

Finally !!!!

Rufus>>

Looks like it's a home and home with Marietta. Will be going to Atlanta anyway. WTF            They lose Bailey and the all world TE. Disappointed to say the least. 

• Haha 1

I don't necessarily like that move, if that is the replacement for the Corky Kell. 

If it's the replacement for Grayson, that's ok. 

From a business standpoint, it probably makes a lot more sense than the Corky though. From a fan standpoint, still a drive to the city. Tomato, tomahto. 

It could possibly be a rematch of the semifinal from this year too. That gets boring, playing the same team twice in a season. That's the drawback to playing in state "powers". Tough to beat the same team twice, and all the real in state powers are in 7A, so, the reality is, you could see them again in the playoffs. I'm not really a fan of that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I said this every season I lived down there and that's for Middle GA to fuck the Kell and get their own kickoff classic.  You have PLENTY of quality teams in the middle and southern part of the state.  McT stadium w/ Peach Co, WR, Northside, etc... easy ride for CC, Tift, VHS, Lowndes, TCC, etc... and invite AL, TN, LA, and FL schools. 

And for as much as the "G-county dickheads" bitched and whined about "only GA teams, only GA teams, blah blah blah" they finally realized  how to make this event better and that is bring in quality teams instead of trying to find 20 GA teams for mismatch games.  

The Corky Kell was a fun event in the 90's and early 00's so what the hell happened to it???????????

Well...our Classic ain't gonna happen in 2020.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Fuxk my bad wrong photo 

B02F999C-35D7-4777-B8F3-AB82CAD8F11C.png

Lol. That guy is so full of shit. 

Pretty sure Ruffi and I already been through all of that. 

Ol dude is just a sour puss that couldn't figure out how to function here proper so he is relegated to trying to send smoke signals and shit through other folks because I sure don't read the trash he posts over there. xD

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s harder for parents to find jobs in Powder Springs than it is almost anywhere in Gwinnett. 

What's wrong with pretending to move to the district like that Newton family a few years back? 

No need to find a job there or anything. Just pretend. Roll in play football then roll out and graduate back home. 

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What's wrong with pretending to move to the district like that Newton family a few years back? 

No need to find a job there or anything. Just pretend. Roll in play football then roll out and graduate back home. 

LMAO Kurt Taylor. That shit was hilarious. His daddy got him caught with silliness 

• Haha 1