Holy Sh*t Batman, 22 Losses!!!

181pl

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Then what 16-0 small market team are you claiming is demanding a national championship?

👇

That was my response to 181 placing emphasis on w/L records without regard to strength of opponent.  I was not referring to any specific team.  More referring to past MNC such as John Curtis etc. and people like GSB who think w/l records are paramount.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In my very humble opinion, STA could help themselves by  doing (3) of the following.

1. Schedule one relevant OOS home game (preferably get lucky by playing a future state champ)

2. Schedule one relevant OOS away game (preferably get lucky by playing a future state champ)

3. Schedule IMG

4.  Schedule SFA

They did the first two this year and added the Geico game at the end.

It should've been enough in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That was my response to 181 placing emphasis on w/L records without regard to strength of opponent.  I was not referring to any specific team.  More referring to past MNC such as John Curtis etc. and people like GSB who think w/l records are paramount.

But 181pl is talking about STA and not 2012 John Curtis.

I get that there's no real argument to be made for your side but at least try to stay somewhere close to the subject.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

This proves that all of sammy's work (and other propagandists) does, indeed, pay off.

They've repeated their talking points for long enough that pollsters and the general public have started to buy it.

These teams don't actually have to have an impossible schedule. All they have to do is claim that they do.

Now you say something that I can agree with.

It actually started prior to season.  

Just now, dntn31 said:

Apparently you don't understand how SOS works.

I understand that most high Schools are recruited. I

know we played NW Miami and beat there ass like they stole something with our own players. Shits overrated. I understand high school football and most likely have watched it since Before you were born. Hype is Hype plain and simple

22 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

I understand that most high Schools are recruited. I

know we played NW Miami and beat there ass like they stole something with our own players. Shits overrated. I understand high school football and most likely have watched it since Before you were born. Hype is Hype plain and simple

Ut Oh

Cue the, y'all got a transfer one time too so y'all ain't any different crowd...

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ut Oh

Cue the, y'all got a transfer one time too so y'all ain't any different crowd...

Nah, I don't need to go off on a non-sequitur, that's for someone who can bring nothing of value in regard to the original point... which is the stength of SJB's schedule that was one of the toughest in the country.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Nah, I don't need to go off on a non-sequitur, that's for someone who can bring nothing of value in regard to the original point... which is the stength of SJB's schedule that was one of the toughest in the country.

Point is this past year presented some games from around the country that were inter regional in nature that Georgia teams played Well in. I’m not saying  Lowndes is the best in the country. Nor do we have the budget to travel extensively. But 7-4, 8-3 shit like that don’t wash. Colquitt comes to mind in the past decade where there success was both noted and applauded by this region of the country. My personal position is winning with a community based model is the most satisfying. Lowndes had a strong season this year and I would have been comfortable playing anyone. We lost the SC to a team that was Well constructed.  We are in a current area that with consolidation could be even better yet the personal community pride (currently) leads us to maintaining our model. So crunching numbers can be misleading. 

9 hours ago, MTP28 said:

We you even alive the last time Lowndes won anything?

12 hours ago, MTP28 said:

This shit is silly. 8-6, 7-4. Bring any of those bitches to the palace and they’ll get their ass handed to them.

Oh shut up

You were on here saying a few months ago for Columbia to go calling and you all wouldn't be scared to play but now we do reach out and we aren't good enough to play when you all have played teams our JV team would running clock

Unless Lowndes is actually got the balls to take a challenge that don't involve paid off refs to hand them a win then they don't deserve to ever be mentioned at the big boy tables, stick to being the second most successful program in your county as you all will always be riding Valdosta as a third wheel 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Oh shut up

You were on here saying a few months ago for Columbia to go calling and you all wouldn't be scared to play but now we do reach out and we aren't good enough to play when you all have played teams our JV team would running clock

Unless Lowndes is actually got the balls to take a challenge that don't involve paid off refs to hand them a win then they don't deserve to ever be mentioned at the big boy tables, stick to being the second most successful program in your county as you all will always be riding Valdosta as a third wheel 

One word Madison. They yo Daddy

1 minute ago, MTP28 said:

One word Madison. They yo Daddy

You mean a team we all time have a WINNING record against and have beaten 2 straight years

Maybe you should stop listening to that Suwannee clown on that GA board who doesn't have a clue what he talking about, not that he saw any real program when Suwannee was winning titles in a JV league

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, 181pl said:

I didn't tally in Milliani's FIVE losses to the totals in SJBs OOS opponents' records. 

Talk about a gauntlet? Do you really have to arrange 5 OOS games to take on opponents with 22 losses? Stay in the neighborhood for that next time 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡.

SOS:  Gives a little insight into losses and wins.  And SOS helps a lot, too, in figuring out what Ws and Ls really mean.  (And please don't say, MaxPreps is flawed.  Glass Houses.  Kettle Pot.  Etc.  We spend all day tearing apart everyone else's analysis and rankings, which implies that they're flawed, too.  This is OK for what it does--as good as anyone else's around here, and no one here does a comprehensive SOS that I'm aware of.)  SOS doesn't necessarily say that you're not good; it says what your competition looks like.

And who cares whether it's a self-imposed gauntlet or one that is fixed so to speak by forces outside of your control?  SJB and MD went out and supplemented.  They got after it.  They weren't stupid.

66 SJB

64.4 SJC

63.7 MD

60.4 J Serra

56.1 OLGC

53.6 Servite

53.1 DeMatha

50.5 NS

49.8 Don Bosco

49.2 Calabas

49.2 Katy

46.6 DLS

45.6 Cent

45.6 Carroll

45.2 Rockwall

44.9 D-Ville

37 Westfield

3 minutes ago, Testadura said:

SOS:  Gives a little insight into losses and wins.  And SOS helps a lot, too, in figuring out what Ws and Ls really mean.  (And please don't say, MaxPreps is flawed.  Glass Houses.  Kettle Pot.  Etc.  We spend all day tearing apart everyone else's analysis and rankings, which implies that they're flawed, too.  This is OK for what it does--as good as anyone else's around here, and no one here does a comprehensive SOS that I'm aware of.)  SOS doesn't necessarily say that you're not good; it says what your competition looks like.

And who cares whether it's a self-imposed gauntlet or one that is fixed so to speak by forces outside of your control?  SJB and MD went out and supplemented.  They got after it.  They weren't stupid.

66 SJB

64.4 SJC

63.7 MD

60.4 J Serra

56.1 OLGC

53.6 Servite

53.1 DeMatha

50.5 NS

49.8 Don Bosco

49.2 Calabas

49.2 Katy

46.6 DLS

45.6 Cent

45.6 Carroll

45.2 Rockwall

44.9 D-Ville

37 Westfield

So are you saying that because we did not play a national schedule then it’s hard to be evaluated on this level. Teams that can achieve this type of schedule more than likely have budgets that approach hundreds of thousands of dollars. Other considerations are the level of consistency within each state and region of the country. Analytics are great for arguments but what do they really prove?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

So are you saying that because we did not play a national schedule then it’s hard to be evaluated on this level. Teams that can achieve this type of schedule more than likely have budgets that approach hundreds of thousands of dollars. Other considerations are the level of consistency within each state and region of the country. Analytics are great for arguments but what do they really prove?

my 2 cents:  Texas is the best HSF state in the Country for putting forth the highest number of top teams.  So, Tx has a built-in gauntlet especially when the teams hit the playoffs.

For recruits, Tx is #1 in absolute numbers, though Fla and maybe another state or 2 nearby produce more recruits pro rata than Tx.

Watching those teams, I didn't find it hard to evaluate them.  They looked tremendous. 

Then, you can confirm that by how highly the kids are recruited.

Plus, they beat great teams to get to the Chip game.

I was just reacting to a post about the level of competition based on opponents' losses.  I didn't raise this issue.

So, who's better?  If NS were to beat SJB, would I be shocked?  No.  But given the limited info we have, I just think that SJB has enough talent to hang (the colleges agree with my view of SJB's talent), and then when you look at SJB's passing game and 5* QB in comparison to NS's, I'm guessing that SJB wins.  And then, when I look at the teams that SJB played and beat, including MD, which no one had a problem with when they were #1, I'm stuck selecting SJB.

But my reasoning "proves" nothing, of course.  These are all views, some more supported and less outlandish than others.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Watching those teams, I didn't find it hard to evaluate them.  They looked tremendous.

The eye test is the easiest way to fail in evaluating teams. It's the same reason why eyewitness accounts are the worst kind of evidence: people mistake what they're seeing.

All the arguments for Texas are built on artifice and/or assumptions.

"The crowds are bigger so, therefore, the games must be more important"

"The coaches are paid the most so, therefore, they must be the best"

"The playoffs have so many undefeated teams so, therefore, the competition is the toughest"

So on and so forth.

• Like 1