..longtime dictator trump confidante roger stone facing 7-9

RedZone

20 hours ago, concha said:

Yeah... well, I'm gonna roll the dice in November for him since I kinda like lots of Americans having jobs and shit like that.

Crazy talk, right?

Concha,

Nobody here believes you are going to change your vote in November.  We all know you made that decision four years ago and it isn’t going to change. You are outside the target demographic so to speak.

But I will say it’s not crazy for you to think about jobs/economy.  Having a good job is a little like having good health.  Sometimes you take it for granted, but human flourishing depends on having it, and when you don’t, it’s hard to think about anything else.

You and I have already had multiple discussions dating back to Rivals about how much influence the president actually has over the economy, and I have neither the time nor the inclination to rehash all that again right now...

But what I would say is that the long term prospects for jobs/economy, just like the long term prospects for one’s health, depends on certain enabling conditions.  If you exercise, eat right, have good relationships etc., you will, in general, enjoy a healthier life, recover from setbacks more quickly etc.. 

One of the most essential enabling conditions for the long term overall health of the economy/jobs is ‘trust,’ which I’m using here nearly synonymously with commitment to the ideal of an impartial ‘rule of law.’  Our whole constitutional system, the institutions and practices in everyday life in America, works because we enjoy a lot of trust.  Without the rule of law there is no trust, and without trust there is no rule of law, making everyday life unpredictable – This is the misery of failed economies.   Once the rule of law fails, the kind of capitalism we are used to will also fail, leaving us with crony capitalism – Where favorites of the people around executive branch do well and everybody else has a harder time. 

But there’s more.  It’s not just that our rule of law is breaking.  IMPOTUS and Barr aren’t simply hostile to the ideal of impartial rule of law, it’s also that they are bringing another form of law in, one that begins with friends and enemies… 

Crony capitalism, friends and enemies in the law, is Putin’s Russia – A few obscenely rich oligarchs, everybody else struggling, dissenters intimidated into silence.

If you’ve ever worked in such an organization, you know that once corruption is introduced at the top, it has a way of filtering down.  Slowly at first, then suddenly.

(note: I was specifically careful to use the words 'ideal of' in front of 'impartial rule of law,' because the law, like us, is perfectable, but never perfect.)

Today we have two real time examples of what I mean by friends and enemies rule of law.

Today it has been reported that Barr has assigned prosecutors from the St. Louis Attorney's Office, and elsewhere to review politically sensitive cases, including Flynn's.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/politics/michael-flynn-prosecutors-barr.html

The DoJ going back to review a case (Flynn's) that resulted in a conviction as well as a finding by a federal judge that Flynn's allegations had no merit, is highly unusual.  It's not the sort of case that ordinarily warrants careful review by another prosecutor in another office.

On the flip side, DoJ put substantial resources into a criminal investigation of former FBI Dep Dir McCabe (see other thread) even though the evidence was obviously too weak to bring charges.

This is more subtle than an IMPOTUS tirade or tweet.  In Barr's DoJ, investigations of IMPOTUS friends are highly scrutinized and questioned.  Investigations of IMPOTUS perceived enemies receive more resources than they merit.

Our legal system is supposed to treat everyone the same, regardless if they are an IMPOTUS friend or enemy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Today we have two real time examples of what I mean by friends and enemies rule of law.

Today it has been reported that Barr has assigned prosecutors from the St. Louis Attorney's Office, and elsewhere to review politically sensitive cases, including Flynn's.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/politics/michael-flynn-prosecutors-barr.html

The DoJ going back to review a case (Flynn's) that resulted in a conviction as well as a finding by a federal judge that Flynn's allegations had no merit, is highly unusual.  It's not the sort of case that ordinarily warrants careful review by another prosecutor in another office

On the flip side, DoJ put substantial resources into a criminal investigation of former FBI Dep Dir McCabe (see other thread) even though the evidence was obviously too weak to bring charges.

This is more subtle than an IMPOTUS tirade or tweet.  In Barr's DoJ, investigations of IMPOTUS friends are highly scrutinized and questioned.  Investigations of IMPOTUS perceived enemies receive more resources than they merit.

Our legal system is supposed to treat everyone the same, regardless if they are an IMPOTUS friend or enemy.

dark dark times in the formerly great USA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

The DoJ going back to review a case (Flynn's) that resulted in a conviction as well as a finding by a federal judge that Flynn's allegations had no merit, is highly unusual.  It's not the sort of case that ordinarily warrants careful review by another prosecutor in another office.

...dictator trump is the "new legal system". The dictator even trumped military justice

.....the republicans wanted new EVERYTHING and got it. For that they have all paid the price. 

• Like 1

You remember when George Walker Bush led the old republicans??

It wasn't so long ago. 

A lot less "winning", but things seemed somewhat normal and rational.

How one man (dictator trump) has fucked the rule of law and our system of checks and balances blows the mind. Just isn't suppose to be possible in this country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You remember when George Walker Bush led the old republicans??

It wasn't so long ago. 

A lot less "winning", but things seemed somewhat normal and rational.

How one man (dictator trump) has fucked the rule of law and our system of checks and balances blows the mind. Just isn't suppose to be possible in this country. 

You are retarded...plain and simple

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Very soon in this country if you are a republican and you murder someone you can only be judged by other republicans.....the jury will have to be all republicans. They will still use the Bible though. Go figure. 

indeed, this is insane.

When I get my next speeding ticket I am going to demand to know what political affiliation the officer has. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

U didnt note that the judge has suspended indefinitely Flynn's sentencing. Something is very unusual in the case. Could come back to the whole were gonna force Flynn to sign a confession or were gonna go after your kid mafia type stuff 

On 2/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, RedZone said:

I guess Barr is melting down or trying to save some face, he's a crooked snake too........either way they really need to take twitter away from your dictator..

Barr qualifies as the most crooked Attorney General of our lifetimes. Such a fucking liar. The ultimate Trumpster.

• Like 1